Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

From Chris Hassan's (X-Men Monday) twitter:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...Cw9e3Lj5krAAAA
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I sent my Hellion question within a few minutes after AIPT called for questions. I wonder if White recognizes me at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I sent my Hellion question within a few minutes after AIPT called for questions. I wonder if White recognizes me at this point?
    Haha good! Let's see if he's ready to give up the goods once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From Chris Hassan's (X-Men Monday) twitter:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...Cw9e3Lj5krAAAA
    Guilty as charged, this New X-Men re-read got me FEENING!

Spectacular Member

First time ever signing up for Twitter, just for this, lol

At this point I have more hope in the MCU doing something with these characters than the X-Office.

The problem for the Academy X characters is not that we force them to stay too young. The problem is that we introduced more young characters and now the Academy X characters are not the new young characters who are learning about this stuff. And they’re not the classic old characters that everyone knows. They’re this weird in-between. And them getting older took away some of what put them in the spotlight and kept them in the spotlight. Now, they’ve joined the pool of 735 mutant characters that a writer could go for. That’s why they don’t get picked as much because they’re just in that pool. They don’t have the spotlight on them anymore. And that’s unfortunate. Whereas if we can keep the characters young who are young, they are special because they are the young characters.
    The thinly veiled ageism behind these comments is soooo irritating. Wtf said you stopped being "special" when you stopped being young and beyond that who said you stopped being young after you turn 18?!? Like maybe we could get some interesting stories about these characters navigating their early twenties (WHICH STILL INVOLVES A TON OF GROWING UP), if you didn't insist on making Cyclops 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The thinly veiled ageism behind these comments is soooo irritating. Wtf said you stopped being "special" when you stopped being young and beyond that who said you stopped being young after you turn 18?!? Like maybe we could get some interesting stories about these characters navigating their early twenties (WHICH STILL INVOLVES A TON OF GROWING UP), if you didn't insist on making Cyclops 27.
    His answer was such a letdown.

Its difficult to find satisfaction, without an actualized HOME for these characters.

Its not that they AREN'T being used. They are. Its the frequency and prominence that fans seem to take issue with.
    X-Factor was using Prodigy and then later restored everyone else we'd lost.
    Si Spurier keeps peppering them into his various projects (DJ, Loa, Mercury, and most prominently now he's using Pixie & Dust)
    Sofia became a cast member in the short lived X-Corps and got a little spotlight on the X-Men Green Rescue Team.
    Vita's New Mutants title keeps circulating some beloved familiar faces, with varied reception on the execution.
    Elixir appears whenever the Five are used.
    Gentle, Surge and Armor have been nominated for full X-Men duty, but didn't win. And Gentle has also featured a bit in Black Panther(?)
    Poor Wrongslide is finally getting attention in X-Men Red.
    Hope is a prominent Council member and getting some much needed focus in Immortal.

But the heart of the matter is that fans will continue stewing in our dissatisfaction until they establish a title or story that focuses on this generation.
    The X-franchise has a long standing history of selecting an "IT" youth to focus on as THE representation of "New & Young".

Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Armor, X-23, Pixie, Quentin Quire, Oya, etc etc.
    As ridiculous as this may sound, I get the same "young POV" vibe from the return of Synch. He's the "been out of circulation, FRESH addition, and young (despite the whole centuries of experience in the Vault plotline)"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This is it entirely. It's not that the NXM are growing up. It's that the X-Office is obsessed with keeping the O5+ in an absurdly youthful demographic and refuse to let THEM grow older because of...relatability? Because they think people don't want to read about older heroes? They've literally engineered this situation.

The bald-faced ingenuousness of White's remarks never ceases to astonish me.

I still maintain that the best hope would be for the NXM actually having something worthwhile to do is to leave the X books altogether and join the Avengers.

You never know what — or who — X-Fans are going to ask about! You know, aside from Hellion and the rest of the Academy X kids.
    Hahahaha, they singled out Hellion first. They know. I feel seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hahahaha, they singled out Hellion first. They know. I feel seen.
    And he was right in the center of the opening image. You're putting in the work.

The way he answered my question. I need to process this disappointing statement

Edit:

Ok. I'm back. Here's the one thing I disagree with. The New X-Men Acadamy has maybe one of the most diverse and untapped story telling routes that writers can take them on.

The fact that the writers in the X-slack do not want to explore that is bonkers to me. And exactly why I want some new writers.

These kids who in my head canon are basically in their young 20s. Well basically 19-23 IMO. Thats just me. Don't come at me

We were given ONE issue where we were told most were resurrected.

Everything that happened to them still happened them.

How does it feel to be repowered? How does it feel to be the generartion that dealt with the most of mutant hate and was mostly devastated?

What do they think of the Krakoan age? What do they want for their futures now that they've got a second chance?

There are so many interesting interactions that could be done.

The fact that the current writers do not want to explore this is such a bummer and quite upsetting.

They are basically more special in my opinion.

And YES some are being sprinkled in here and there but its all surface level.

We want in depth interactions and meaningful stories for this team.

And I think they deserve it.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-08-2022 at 07:23 AM.

There's always an excuse. With the last guy, they couldn't highlight the kids because they were just students who couldn't be allowed to age because the school set up needs students. Now they're too old to be students, so they're not special anymore. Bah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The way he answered my question. I need to process this disappointing statement

Edit:

Ok. I'm back. Here's the one thing I disagree with. The New X-Men Acadamy has maybe one of the most diverse and untapped story telling routes that writers can take them on.

The fact that the writers in the X-slack do not want to explore that is bonkers to me. And exactly why I want some new writers.

These kids who in my head canon are basically in their young 20s. Well basically 19-23 IMO. Thats just me. Don't come at me

We were given ONE issue where we were told most were resurrected.

Everything that happened to them still happened them.

How does it feel to be repowered? How does it feel to be the generartion that dealt with the most of mutant hate and was mostly devastated?

What do they think of the Krakoan age? What do they want for their futures now that they've got a second chance?

There are so many interesting interactions that could be done.

The fact that the current writers do not want to explore this is such a bummer and quite upsetting.

They are basically more special in my opinion.

And YES some are being sprinkled in here and there but its all surface level.

We want in depth interactions and meaningful stories for this team.

And I think they deserve it.
    All of this. The New X-Men may have suffered worse than any other generation in the franchise, but Marvel has habitually and consistently swept their pain under the rug.

Jay Guthrie ALONE should be providing considerable storytelling fodder. How does he respond to being resurrected behind all his self-hatred? Unless they radically altered his memory when he got brought back everything that triggered it is still there. How does everyone ELSE react considering he's the one that got all of them killed in the first place?