Page 147 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3155
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's weird to see posters complain about movie studios caving to online criticism but then be ok with them caving to Snyder cut fans online.
    Movie studios caving to paying fans is way better than caving to critics. In pretty much every way.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So all those ppl who went to see the Bay movies weren't Transformers fans? I'd have to ask what world your living in. Not for nothing I said less fights. And no teen romance doesn't count as story to me in a Transformers movie. The fandom prefers Bumblebee really so where were they? Phantom fandom I guess.
    Really liked the Bay movies, until Last Knight. Bumblebee just left me flat. It was much more cliche than the Transformer movies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Really liked the Bay movies, until Last Knight. Bumblebee just left me flat. It was much more cliche than the Transformer movies.
    Really Man..I'm saying tho "Bumblebee". "Girl meets car and comes of age" Best Transformers movie ever! Yeah right lol. Yeah I'd agree Last Knight was off. But after 5 or so movies things get tired.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

Maybe. Last Knight was the only one to lose money, so you have to wonder what went wrong there.

How does that work when the general audience always makes up a larger percentage of ticket sales than any fanbase does?
    It's the fan base who brings in the general audience in most cases. Think WW 84 did fans of the first movie show up in large enough numbers-nah.

Movie studios caving to paying fans is way better than caving to critics. In pretty much every way.
    Critics can also be paying fans, though.

It's the fan base who brings in the general audience in most cases. Think WW 84 did fans of the first movie show up in large enough numbers-nah.
    That's not how that works. You're not taking into account WoM. And WW 84 is still getting a sequel.

Extraordinary Member

Critics can also be paying fans, though.
    I don't think that's true in this case.

Extraordinary Member

That's not how that works. You're not taking into account WoM. And WW 84 is still getting a sequel.
    Yeah it's usually WoM from hardcore fans that bring ppl in. WW 84 is getting a sequel and was panned by critics and fans alike and didn't do well in theaters. But nobody is waging campaigns to say it shouldn't happen for whatever reason.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The number of critics who review these films isn't that large compared to the ticket sales of the general audience.

How did you come to that conclusion? I think in most cases, it would be the weird fanbase that turns general audiences away.

Fans who liked the first WW movie wouldn't necessarily like the second due their own opinions, word of mouth from fellow fans they trust and meh critical reception. But hey, it still has a sequel greenlit without any meoldrama from the fanbase.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The number of critics who review these films isn't that large compared to the ticket sales of the general audience.

How did you come to that conclusion? I think in most cases, it would be the weird fanbase that turns general audiences away.

Fans who liked the first WW movie wouldn't necessarily like the second due their own opinions, word of mouth from fellow fans they trust and meh critical reception. But hey, it still has a sequel greenlit without any meoldrama from the fanbase.
    So how many franchises started off small and became big because of fans? Everything just starts off as a blockbuster franchise? "Weird fanbase" define that. Cuz there's a lot of blockbuster franchises with "weird fanbases".

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The general audience definitely makes up the bulk of ticket sales...that's a flat fact.

BANNED

So all those ppl who went to see the Bay movies weren't Transformers fans? I'd have to ask what world your living in. Not for nothing I said less fights. And no teen romance doesn't count as story to me in a Transformers movie. The fandom prefers Bumblebee really so where were they? Phantom fandom I guess.
    The fandom saw the movie, the general audience wasn't interested due to the Bay movies souring public reception of the franchise.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So how many franchises started off small and became big because of fans? Everything just starts off as a blockbuster franchise? "Weird fanbase" define that. Cuz there's a lot of blockbuster franchises with "weird fanbases".
    Movie wise? I don't think there are many that took off without the general audience liking what they saw/heard and making up the majority of the ticket sales.

Astonishing Member

John Wick is a good example of a niche action film that has grown in audience by leaps and bounds, what I don't know is if the pool is just action film fans or general family audience.

It's the fan base who brings in the general audience in most cases.
    Tell that to Firefly. Or Star Trek. Heck, the vast majority of comic book movies I've seen I'm not a fan of, much less read, the source material.

Think WW 84 did fans of the first movie show up in large enough numbers-nah.
    Maybe a non-COVID-19, non-streaming example would work better.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)