Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope it's a new imprint like Wonder Comics.
    The art is all new, right?
    Sorrentino on Kamandi and Nguyen on Batman Beyond are perfect (so is Cheung on Omac, but I don't get excited when he's announced for a book because he never lasts more than 4 issues).

Does anybody recognize the artist drawing the Legion? Maybe Aaron Kuder? It's way harder to determine without human figures.
    A Future imprint sounds fun
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC Announces Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium With Brian Michael Bendis & Ryan Sook
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/13/...es-millennium/

Brian Michael Bendis is rewriting the future of DC Comics in Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium, a two-part, monthly comic that will feature an immortal protagonist moving through various disparate DC futures, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively. She will come out the other end on the doorstep of the Legion of Super-Heroes, leading into a new, ongoing series from Bendis and artist Ryan Sook. Along the way, Bendis will work with a number of artists who will examine how characters like Kamandi, OMAC, and Booster Gold fit into the broader context of the Legion. Among the artists involved will be superstars Jim Lee, Jim Cheung, Nicola Scott, and Dustin Nguyen.

Per DC, Millennium focuses on a most unlikely tour guide to the 31st century -- a familiar face to DC fans who finds herself suddenly immortal. As she learns to cope with her newfound immortality and the reason she was chosen for this quest, her 1,000-year odyssey will connect all of DC’s future timelines for the first time. Along the way she encounters a host of DC heroes from the future, as drawn by some of comics’ most popular artists. The first issue will introduce a near-future version of Supergirl, drawn by Jim Lee; Batman Beyond, drawn by Dustin Nguyen; Kamandi, drawn by Andrea Sorrentino; and Tommy Tomorrow, drawn by André Lima Araújo. Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium #2 will bring Booster Gold, drawn by Nicola Scott; OMAC, drawn by Jim Cheung; A DC “off-world” chapter, drawn by Jeff Dekal; and finally the Legion of Super-Heroes, drawn by Sook. Bendis joined ComicBook.com to discuss Millennium, and to tee up what he has planned for the Legion of Super-Heroes going forward -- and why he thinks he needs to be around for quite a while.
    So it's not a new imprint but basically a special leading to the return of the Legion and chronicling the different eras of the DCU.

Welp, Bendis on the Legion is finally happening.

I'm not crazy about Saturn Girl's new costume.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it's not a new imprint but basically a special leading to the return of the Legion and chronicling the different eras of the DCU.

Welp, Bendis on the Legion is finally happening.

I'm not crazy about Saturn Girl's new costume.
    I'm honestly not liking any of them besides Shadow Lass. She looks really good.

https://www.newsarama.com/45587-insi...esigns.html#s5

I'm honestly not liking any of them besides Shadow Lass. She looks really good.

https://www.newsarama.com/45587-insi...esigns.html#s5
    I think Brainy and Cham are fine.

Cosmic Boy is near unrecognizable. Lightning Lad is a little too try-hard but at least his costume is basically, well, Lightning Lad.

Shadow Lass is definitely the coolest and probably the most interesting, visually.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Shadow Lass looks cool and Brainy and Cam look fine but the rest of the designs are just meh.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I think Brainy and Cham are fine.

Cosmic Boy is near unrecognizable. Lightning Lad is a little too try-hard but at least his costume is basically, well, Lightning Lad.

Shadow Lass is definitely the coolest and probably the most interesting, visually.
    I got so use to long hair Brainy. Cham is fine but like Brainy im so used to him looking like a human but alien lol.

Lightning Lad just needs better hair but Cosmic Boy needs a whole redo.

Saturn Girl looks fine but I don't like her in red prefer pink. Also her suit looks basic.

Lightning Lad just needs better hair but Cosmic Boy needs a whole redo.
    I definitley think the main issue with Lightning Lad is the hair.
    Saturn Girl looks fine but I don't like her in red prefer pink. Also her suit looks basic.
    Yeah, it doesn't look anywhere near as distinctive as some of her other costumes.

First Look: LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES - MILLENNIUM
    https://www.newsarama.com/45588-firs...illennium.html

First Look: LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES - MILLENNIUM
    https://www.newsarama.com/45588-firs...illennium.html
    Hey look, Martian Manhunter in his old costume and Wonder Woman in her classic look. Now the retro costume course feels complete .

(Is Wolfman/Perez NTT finally canon again?).

DC Announces Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium With Brian Michael Bendis & Ryan Sook
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/13/...es-millennium/

Brian Michael Bendis is rewriting the future of DC Comics in Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium, a two-part, monthly comic that will feature an immortal protagonist moving through various disparate DC futures, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively. She will come out the other end on the doorstep of the Legion of Super-Heroes, leading into a new, ongoing series from Bendis and artist Ryan Sook. Along the way, Bendis will work with a number of artists who will examine how characters like Kamandi, OMAC, and Booster Gold fit into the broader context of the Legion. Among the artists involved will be superstars Jim Lee, Jim Cheung, Nicola Scott, and Dustin Nguyen.

Per DC, Millennium focuses on a most unlikely tour guide to the 31st century -- a familiar face to DC fans who finds herself suddenly immortal. As she learns to cope with her newfound immortality and the reason she was chosen for this quest, her 1,000-year odyssey will connect all of DC’s future timelines for the first time. Along the way she encounters a host of DC heroes from the future, as drawn by some of comics’ most popular artists. The first issue will introduce a near-future version of Supergirl, drawn by Jim Lee; Batman Beyond, drawn by Dustin Nguyen; Kamandi, drawn by Andrea Sorrentino; and Tommy Tomorrow, drawn by André Lima Araújo. Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium #2 will bring Booster Gold, drawn by Nicola Scott; OMAC, drawn by Jim Cheung; A DC “off-world” chapter, drawn by Jeff Dekal; and finally the Legion of Super-Heroes, drawn by Sook. Bendis joined ComicBook.com to discuss Millennium, and to tee up what he has planned for the Legion of Super-Heroes going forward -- and why he thinks he needs to be around for quite a while.
    Every time I try to look at the costume designs for the legion, I get a full page ad for jc penny’s that I cam’t Get rid of. This needs to be posted someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Every time I try to look at the costume designs for the legion, I get a full page ad for jc penny’s that I cam’t Get rid of. This needs to be posted someplace else.
    The designs are in the Newsrama article. Yeah I'm not a fan of comicbook.com

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    20 years later and it's time again to remind people that "Millennium" has a double-"nn" .... The more you know...

One day more until we find out ... I am equal parts excited and trepidatious.
    I don't understand it. Two topics on the first page of the forum by two different posters and not one can spell Millennium--or simply copy and paste from the source. How hard is it to spell a word when you have it right in front of you? I will never forget that it's two Ls and two Ns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't understand it. Two topics on the first page of the forum by two different posters and not one can spell Millennium--or simply copy and paste from the source. How hard is it to spell a word when you have it right in front of you? I will never forget that it's two Ls and two Ns.
    Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if part of the problem (either CBR or Newsarama had an article where it was misspelled the whole time) was that Bendis himself spelled it wrong in his first Tweet and maybe they copy/pasted from his own post. (he corrected himself in a subsequent Tweet, but perhaps the damage had been done )
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-13-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's not that serious...

Hey look, Martian Manhunter in his old costume and Wonder Woman in her classic look. Now the retro costume course feels complete .

(Is Wolfman/Perez NTT finally canon again?).
    And they also reference Flashpoint with the Aquaman/Wonder Woman standoff. Hopefully things are shifting back to normal and this isn't just a case of the museum presenting their interpretation of past events that don't necessarily line up with the post-52, post-Rebirth continuity.