Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1998
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But the bodies kept the powers, so they have switched. Which, as the solicit for next week's issue says, has led to a comedy of errors.
    There's been power swaps in comics before without bodyswaps. The cover tricked me I guess

Extraordinary Member

Again shouldn't Stephen still be able to do a lot of spells in Carol's body? A large part of his power is knowledge-based, he is not of mystical bloodline or have curse/bless like Hellstrom, Scarlet Witch, Magik, Storm, Clea, etc.
    Unless Stephen in Carol's body is just unrecognizable to certain deities, like if he wants to invoke Vishanti and they are like "who are you again? Lady?" But he should still have some of his powers instead of limited to Carol's genetic power.
    Or Stephen just don't want Carol's body to bear any cost magic spell might bring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Again shouldn't Stephen still be able to do a lot of spells in Carol's body? A large part of his power is knowledge-based, he is not of mystical bloodline or have curse/bless like Hellstrom, Scarlet Witch, Magik, Storm, Clea, etc.
    Unless Stephen in Carol's body is just unrecognizable to certain deities, like if he wants to invoke Vishanti and they are like "who are you again? Lady?" But he should still have some of his powers instead of limited to Carol's genetic power.
    Or Stephen just don't want Carol's body to bear any cost magic spell might bring.
    the "canon" explanation is that somehow strange's magic got locked in his own body.

some alt explanations:

carol's body may not be used to channeling magic. It may be knowledge based but without a "muscle memory" it may not work as well. This would mean carol would also have an easier time picking up magic in strange's body

Carol also has a weakness to magical energy, it might be hampering strange from using it all that well in that body

Astonishing Member

Hey guys look at this, Jim Lee drew Carol

https://www.comic-con.org/toucan/com...-cover-jim-lee

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Hey guys look at this, Jim Lee drew Carol

https://www.comic-con.org/toucan/com...-cover-jim-lee
    nice. too bad it can never happen again for corporate reasons. (unless he gets to draw the 2020 Comic Con cover?)

BANNED

wonder why he chose those characters?

I recognise everyone except that black woman with the sword above Black Panther. Looks like at least five publishers are represented there. DC (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman), Marvel (Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel), IDW (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Dark Horse (Hellboy) and Image (Spawn).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-19-2019 at 12:06 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I recognise everyone except that black woman with the sword above Black Panther.
    I think that's Michone from The Walking Dead?

BANNED

huh so reading the newer captain marvel I feel like kelly thompson is channeling a bit too much of herself through carol at some parts

like would carol really watch sabrina, the magicians and all that? She struck me as more of a sci fi nerd. Some things like strange and carol being repulsed at having to eat the crocodile feels weird too, like she spent years in space and has probably eaten weirder (and for that matter so has strange given the places he's trained)

BANNED

Also

"Who's my little goose"

I sure hope it's "goose" and not "Goose"

Yeah, what was Kelly playing at there, the cat's name is Chewie, dammit.

I liked the Sabrina mention... it's kind of a sneaky bit of promotion, since who's writing the current Sabrina comic? Kelly Thompson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Question:

Did Carol ever wear the outfit below or was it just the Carol from another dimension? If 616 Carol wore this uniform, what story line was it?

warbird 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question:

Did Carol ever wear the outfit below or was it just the Carol from another dimension? If 616 Carol wore this uniform, what story line was it?

warbird 1.jpg
    To be honest I never really read her during that time so I can't tell in which story(ies) it was, but she definetely did wear it on 616, she was going as Warbird at the time, it was like late '90s and/or early 2000's.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, what was Kelly playing at there, the cat's name is Chewie, dammit.

I liked the Sabrina mention... it's kind of a sneaky bit of promotion, since who's writing the current Sabrina comic? Kelly Thompson.
    It was a nickname according to Kelly on twitter so Chewie is still Chewie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question:

warbird 1.jpg
    she wore it for like a year or so.

First started wearing it in Avengers Red Zone