Mighty Member

Default Lost in the funhouse fears

When I was little, I was afraid to go in an amusement park funhouse, 'cause I thought I'd never find my way out again... Probably from something I saw on tv. Anyone else ever have that fear?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Not funhouses as such but, when I was VERY young, my family were out on a park that I still live quite close to. To deter me from wandering away into some thick bushes that had grown there my Dad told me to keep away from them as they were full of critters that would eat me. That stuck with me for years afterwards. Hungry critters in the bushes.

I was actually on the park last summer. Even then I was thinking to myself 'Critters in them bushes'. Cheers Dad .

The horror....
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-10-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    When I was little, I was afraid to go in an amusement park funhouse, 'cause I thought I'd never find my way out again... Probably from something I saw on tv. Anyone else ever have that fear?
    No. I loved the Funhouses, even when I was very, very young. I also loved the Haunted Castles that were there. All very, very spooky indeed and loaded with lots of frights! "Deranged maniacs" with blood all over them would jump out with all sorts of weapons. Usually I could only get my Grandmother to go in with me. But there were some times I did go in alone.

Mighty Member

Now that I think about, the original Jumanji is the perfect example.