Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Invincible

Incredible Member

I predictably great issue. I am both happy and sad that I am now caught up so that I can read the issues when they come out. I actually wish this story line was more like 5 issues rather than 3. I am loving it, but I do hope we get to see more Mark/Eve stuff in the next issue after not seeing Eve at all in 125.

I'm looking to find out which books are a part of the Invinvible universe....Would anyone be able to help me?

I've recently read volumes 1&2(I love it of course), and my goal is to read every issue. I'm curious how much of a reboot we're talking about here. Is this a good jumping on point or would it be a better idea to just keep buying the trades until I'm essentially caught up? I'm guessing it'll take me about 4 or 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by GMiller View Post
    I'm looking to find out which books are a part of the Invinvible universe....Would anyone be able to help me?
    Invincible
    Invincible Universe
    Guarding the Globe
    Tech Jacket
    Astonishing Wolfman
    Brit
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I've recently read volumes 1&2(I love it of course), and my goal is to read every issue. I'm curious how much of a reboot we're talking about here. Is this a good jumping on point or would it be a better idea to just keep buying the trades until I'm essentially caught up? I'm guessing it'll take me about 4 or 5 months.
    We're still not sure whether this is a real reboot or not. I guess someone could jump on right now, but even if this actually reboots continuity, it works better if you know the original events. Plus the series is awesome so I'd recommend continuing to read it from the beginning.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

DEFINITELY buy the trades. The reboot idea is a parody of reboots - the main character is literally thrown back into his old self and knows everything that's going to happen - and it just plain won't work unless you know going in who these people are and what they become and what's potentially at stake from throwing a spammer in the works.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    We're still not sure whether this is a real reboot or not. I guess someone could jump on right now, but even if this actually reboots continuity, it works better if you know the original events. Plus the series is awesome so I'd recommend continuing to read it from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    DEFINITELY buy the trades. The reboot idea is a parody of reboots - the main character is literally thrown back into his old self and knows everything that's going to happen - and it just plain won't work unless you know going in who these people are and what they become and what's potentially at stake from throwing a spammer in the works.
    Ok, thats what ill do. I definitely don't wanna cheat myself out of any of this story. Thanks.

Is there anything on issue 127?

I'm part way through the second compendium. This is a truly great series and I'm looking forward to getting fully up to date. I should have dumped Marvel/DC long ago as the Image books I'm now buying are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Is there anything on issue 127?
    Not yet. Looks like March at the earliest, maybe April solicits even.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    I'm part way through the second compendium. This is a truly great series and I'm looking forward to getting fully up to date. I should have dumped Marvel/DC long ago as the Image books I'm now buying are much better.
    That's how I felt when I was working my way through the Image backlog. But once you're caught up on the essentials of Image, you realize there's not enough weekly releases to keep you from picking up a DC/Marvel book or 2 to pad out your comic reading week. When I was reading Invincible for the first time and had over 100 issues to binge read, I was thinking "f*&% yeah, I'm never reading Marvel again!". Then I got caught up and was like "welp, time to see what Captain America is up to while Invincible takes 3 months off."

Ok, thats what ill do. I definitely don't wanna cheat myself out of any of this story. Thanks.
    The newest issue of Reboot had the tagline "A superhero universe so well established that it doesn't need a reboot?!"
    So yeah, it's just poking fun at Marvel needing to constantly make issues for new readers to jump in on with relaunch points where the whole status quo resets. In DC/Marvel, every new creative team is like a reboot these days, it is insane.
    And none of the Invincible universe spin off books are essential reading for understanding the main book. You never have to try to figure out what issues of Invincible a side book takes p;lace between or any of the confusing crap that makes the Big 2 so hard to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Was also a little surprised/disappointed that there wasn't any mention or celebration of what is usually considered a milestone type issue number (#125).
    Once you pass issue 100, celebrating denominations of 25s is kind of tacky. I'll be happy if they stick to only celebrating 50s and 100s from here on out.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 11-21-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Put me in the sad it'll be months without invincible pile, but I understand if the artist needs a break.

Hopefully when they return it'll be with a few issues in the can so keeping it monthly will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    That's how I felt when I was working my way through the Image backlog. But once you're caught up on the essentials of Image, you realize there's not enough weekly releases to keep you from picking up a DC/Marvel book or 2 to pad out your comic reading week. When I was reading Invincible for the first time and had over 100 issues to binge read, I was thinking "f*&% yeah, I'm never reading Marvel again!". Then I got caught up and was like "welp, time to see what Captain America is up to while Invincible takes 3 months off."
    Don't worry, there are several other Image series I've begun to buy... not least "The Walking Dead" - there is a big compendium of that in my pile! I'm not missing Marvel/DC at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Put me in the sad it'll be months without invincible pile, but I understand if the artist needs a break.

Hopefully when they return it'll be with a few issues in the can so keeping it monthly will be possible.
    Kirkman recently said that Invincible would have the same release model as Saga for the foreseeable future, which is putting out enough issues to compile in a trade, followed by a hiatus every time. So we'll probably be getting 3 months off followed by 6 months on, and repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

That's the plan. Ottley isn't actually taking any time off. He's still working, they're just getting ahead of the schedule so the book actually hits it's solicitation dates.