Page 140 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The four golden knights lead the rest of the group into the palace/temple.

As they enter, a chant starts to register on their ears as they move in. The chant/song is in the Threshling language, and any who speak it knows it seems to be a magical song to Auroc and Reshlan’s greatness, instruments adding to the tone and beat.

Though Nevalinna will know it’s been changed. It used to only be played towards the Queen and her court, not Auroc.

https://youtu.be/FnkTuHP9q3o

The chant grows louder and louder until they reach the massive throne room. Hidden in the hundreds of alcoves in the room, shadowed and hooded figures chant.

And at the end of the room, seated upon the massive throne, is a dark figure. Beside it a tall women in robes, both watch the M-Fighters as they approach.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He catches her hand in an iron grip.

“Yes. I died.”

He squeezes and she can feel her hand break.

“And they brought me back. Again.”

He twists and with her still in his grip, slams her body into the ground.

“And again.”

Another slam into the ground.

“And again.”

He throws her away casually.

“I have...died...dozens of times, Princess.”

His face comforts in rage as he stalks towards where he threw her.
    Pain.

She severely underestimated this undead Saiyan. No, not even underestimate. That would have meant she did even a portion of her due diligence. She went into this battle completely blind, which was the antithesis of her usually preparation style.

At the very least, her hand was broken. It wouldn't have been surprising if she had some kind of internal injuries. Putting any weight on her bad hand was out of the question, so she used her good hand to awkwardly push herself up to her knees just in time to see him approaching her. "Tch."

She rose to her feet. "Why would you serve a 'god' who treats you as little more than cattle?" she asked as she shot into the air quickly to avoid him. A white ball formed in her hand, which she quickly lobbed his way.

Corona Disruption
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default catching up...

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna nodded. "Yes, that is my home, Reshlan. Beautiful, is she not? And once Auroc's taint is cleansed from it, Reshlan shall shine even brighter."

To be sure, there were many beautiful planets in the universe, but Reshlan had a certain beauty to it... though that was simply her bias for her homeworld talking.
    To be sure,to be said of the many-ringed world before them.

"Yeah...sure is something." Zaofan had to agree, leaning toward the ship's windows for just a moment to quietly take in the sight with her. "From this distance, it almost seems like your whole planet is bathed in the violet glow that far-off nebula. Don't think I've ever seen so many moons orbiting around a world before, either."

With the enormity of the task before them, removed from the heart of the conflict on the ground and ushered beyond the sky that encapsulated it, to the Martial Chef the view from this particular vantage point, to his surprise, quieted the dread and exasperation that had only become increasingly familiar to him in the months past. To him, he'd been wading hip-deep in violence from one battlefield to the next. How humbling it was to be reminded that he, even Auroc and all his knights, were little more than passing motes on a vast cosmic arena.

"...makes me homesick for simpler days on my own, humble, blue world, I guess, heh-heh," he shrugged sheepishly. "But we're here, now. Let's make sure you can have a proper homecoming while we're here!"

However small they were, the enormous power each of them wielded could change so much on a whim; sure as he kept his sink spotless, Zaofan felt the weight of obligation upon his shoulders again.

Nevanlinna narrowed her eyes, while Seri peered out at the...

"Hey, that guy's a saiyan! Did he come here to help us?"

The Threshling princess shook her head. "No, he is our enemy... and a powerful one, at that." How powerful she could not say, but she had a feeling it was 'overwhelmingly'. No matter, it would not be the first time this group had come up against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy and triumphed. Nor would it be the last.
    Ochazuke's eyes narrowed as their retinue was greeted by a solitary figure, standing there before the planet. Seri had declared him a Saiyan, but unadorned in the vacuum of space this was indicative of something highly unnatural; and examining the creature's presence by his acquired skill of Kyokushin Keihatsu, it seemed almost like...

Jagam? No...

The signature of this power, it was uncannily similar, but settled just beneath the surface was a well of power he'd grown increasingly familiar with over increasingly many encounters.

"...seems Auroc's chosen people could not produce a suitable champion, they had to turn to the outside once again," he muttered. "Is your retinue of Knights paying attention?"

Descending to a place near the opulent palace, the M-Fighters are given a glorious view of a massive sprawling medieval style city, the capital of Reshlan.

The Knight indicates the ships to stop at a massive platform near the palace, seemingly designed specifically for ships to land at, and fairly recently at that.

The Knight touches down and waits patiently for them to disembark, four Gold Knights standing near as honor guards.
    When they landed on the silent planet where it lay clandestine behind layered wards and the blind worship of three planets, Ochazuke was struck at just how...strangely mundane the environs were. Their first emissary had spoken a great deal of the Sword's Judgement of the unclean and other such trite platitudes, he had often envisioned this to be a far more hellish, brutal world.

Suppose it would be magic that obfuscates the truth of the matter.

Other than the choking tiers of urban strata, few things remained familiar from what he and Zaofan had witnessed on Baradur. But this was the homeworld, and as Nevanlinna had outlined, any dissent had long since been quashed.

The Saiyan guard and his knights stood there, and Ochazuke's eyes lift to the towering castle looming over all the rest in the distance. The Threshling Capital, perhaps? Could that have been the lens from where the Eye of Auroc peered?

Inanna sighed, before addressing whomever the **** it was up there on the throne.

"What's the point of this, exactly? To impress? You know why we're here. Why would any of us care about the locale?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

As they enter, a chant starts to register on their ears as they move in. The chant/song is in the Threshling language, and any who speak it knows it seems to be a magical song to Auroc and Reshlan’s greatness, instruments adding to the tone and beat.

Though Nevalinna will know it’s been changed. It used to only be played towards the Queen and her court, not Auroc.

The chant grows louder and louder until they reach the massive throne room. Hidden in the hundreds of alcoves in the room, shadowed and hooded figures chant.

And at the end of the room, seated upon the massive throne, is a dark figure. Beside it a tall women in robes, both watch the M-Fighters as they approach.
    Chants...louder and louder chants. Sasheem didn't quite understand the nuances of the language, nor did her care....but he could guess who they were directed at. Bah.

What a waste of words. Honestly there was one thing that truly had to be said wasn't there. To break the ice so to speak.

Sasheem inhaled audibly, his chest literally puffing out like a balloon before exhaling in one loud shout fro mthe top of his lungs, "Wouldja SHUT UP, YA POINTY-EARED JACKASSES?! RUN HOME AND LET THE GROWN UPS TALK!!"

Even if the point didn't get across, at least it would drown out the chanting dedicated towards that candy-ass rotten strawberry parfait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Pain.

She severely underestimated this undead Saiyan. No, not even underestimate. That would have meant she did even a portion of her due diligence. She went into this battle completely blind, which was the antithesis of her usually preparation style.

At the very least, her hand was broken. It wouldn't have been surprising if she had some kind of internal injuries. Putting any weight on her bad hand was out of the question, so she used her good hand to awkwardly push herself up to her knees just in time to see him approaching her. "Tch."

She rose to her feet. "Why would you serve a 'god' who treats you as little more than cattle?" she asked as she shot into the air quickly to avoid him. A white ball formed in her hand, which she quickly lobbed his way.

Corona Disruption
    “If I disobey, I am killed. Again.”

He seems unbothered by the Corona Disruption.

“Auroc and the Maven have taken me apart. Literally. Bit by bit, bone by bone, they have taken me down to my individual parts and scored ancient runes upon each one muscle and bone. Runes of obedience. Of command. Control. Of Death. If I manage to break free, I am killed again, the runes reapplied, my will not my own.”

His aura snaps wider as he flies at her.

“Death is not a release. I was brought back by unnatural means, a baby screaming from pain carved into every bone and muscle and sinew. Every death I am denied the afterlife, brought screaming back into a void filled with misery. And every time I come back...less. Less able to resist. Less able to deny their will. Death is now a fear, for I know when I die they’ll just drag me back.”

He back hands her into a mountain.

“A baby was sent here, died here, and for decades I have suffered because the Saiyans wanted to conquer. To reap and rend and raid across the skies. My torment....will never end, and I cannot fight those who torment me anymore. So I shall fight those who sent me to this unending hell instead.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Chants...louder and louder chants. Sasheem didn't quite understand the nuances of the language, nor did her care....but he could guess who they were directed at. Bah.

What a waste of words. Honestly there was one thing that truly had to be said wasn't there. To break the ice so to speak.

Sasheem inhaled audibly, his chest literally puffing out like a balloon before exhaling in one loud shout fro mthe top of his lungs, "Wouldja SHUT UP, YA POINTY-EARED JACKASSES?! RUN HOME AND LET THE GROWN UPS TALK!!"

Even if the point didn't get across, at least it would drown out the chanting dedicated towards that candy-ass rotten strawberry parfait.
    The chanting and music abruptly stops. A loud sigh is heard from the throne.

“Be silent, little cousin. The grown ups...are talking.”

Auroc’s voice seems....different.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Inanna sighed, before addressing whomever the **** it was up there on the throne.

"What's the point of this, exactly? To impress? You know why we're here. Why would any of us care about the locale?"
    “How classless and dull you are, ‘Goddess’. That song was an honor, no non-Threshling has ever heard it before. I merely wished to bestow you a rare gift before taking your life.”

Auroc day upon the throne, still in shadow, his voice...different. Thicker somehow.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley accepted the challenge and rose into the air after him. Before she left, she turned to her allies. "Stay wary and focused," she said. "This is no time to be distracted."

The ones to whom those words were directed were obvious, though perhaps to everyone except the ones to whom they were directed. A shame, but there was nothing more that could be said to impress him important the upcoming battles were. She could only hope they understood.

"Lead the way," she said to Kakarot.
    "Cheh, I would say the same," Ochazuke said as golden auras raised in preparation for a battle...seemingly with little more provocation than a matter of Saiyan honour. "Though I suppose it can't be helped, can it?"

Besides, who among them could stop her? Perhaps it was a small blessing, as this Ser Kekkarot would otherwise be occupied. If nothing else, Parsley's prowess would buy them precious moments.

Moreover, with the magnitude of power they output, it would be a simple manner to find them.

When the doors opened to the mock cathedral, Ochazuke and Zaofan immediately stopped their paces the moment they peered within the large antechamber.

"...priestess on the throne?" Asked the martial chef, "...hundreds of prayers pulled from the flock," grunted the apostate.

The martial brothers exchanged a look for a moment, then shook their heads with a long, sighing laughter. Ochazuke moved to the entrance, but no further.

"...why don't you go ahead," Zaofan offered to the rest, "Especially you, Etrina?" The honourific 'Mistress' was conspicuously absent. "Won't be a moment."

Ochazuke knelt upon the carved tile, then brushed his hand upon it as he studied the intricate design. The air of this very planet had been wrong as soon as they landed, perfumed by the same vile magic they'd so recently fought against. Clearly, there was a deeper scheme at work.

Concentrating his sense-awareness, he expanded his field of Battle Meditation, and drew information from the very world itself with Muhen Sekai Keihatsu; drawing from the very Leylines of Reshlan, he sought to uncover the very spiritual foundations of this world, and those who dwelt upon it.

Sasheem begins grinding his teeth. "You chewed up bubblegum bastard, what you call me?!" Sasheem ranted back.

“How classless and dull you are, ‘Goddess’. That song was an honor, no non-Threshling has ever heard it before. I merely wished to bestow you a rare gift before taking your life.”

Auroc day upon the throne, still in shadow, his voice...different. Thicker somehow.
    "...Does he always sound like he had a sinus infection?"

Nevanlinna had remained silent until Auroc spoke.

"It is so good to see that you survived your ignoble defeat on Vocado. I trust you've prepared accordingly this time?"

Prepared for yet another defeat--and annihilation--of course, not prepared to fight this lot.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Ten years ago, the chanting would have unnerved her. But now Dash walks with the others, her mind clear, her emotions calm. She takes in what she sees and hears but says nothing.

Even the sight of Auroc evokes nothing, for now, except for a studied measure of his power, as well as of those around him, and a recognition of his voice, familiar yet different.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem begins grinding his teeth. "You chewed up bubblegum bastard, what you call me?!" Sasheem ranted back.

"...Does he always sound like he had a sinus infection?"
    "...Did he have a nose? I can't recall..." Etrina mused aloud.

The martial brothers exchanged a look for a moment, then shook their heads with a long, sighing laughter. Ochazuke moved to the entrance, but no further.

"...why don't you go ahead," Zaofan offered to the rest, "Especially you, Etrina?" The honourific 'Mistress' was conspicuously absent. "Won't be a moment."
    ".....Right." Etrina turned her head back and nodded, then smiled. "Know it needs not be said....but be careful..."

"Why would a God care for the lamentations of an ant?" Inanna asked with a yawn.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Cheh, I would say the same," Ochazuke said as golden auras raised in preparation for a battle...seemingly with little more provocation than a matter of Saiyan honour. "Though I suppose it can't be helped, can it?"

Besides, who among them could stop her? Perhaps it was a small blessing, as this Ser Kekkarot would otherwise be occupied. If nothing else, Parsley's prowess would buy them precious moments.

Moreover, with the magnitude of power they output, it would be a simple manner to find them.

When the doors opened to the mock cathedral, Ochazuke and Zaofan immediately stopped their paces the moment they peered within the large antechamber.

"...priestess on the throne?" Asked the martial chef, "...hundreds of prayers pulled from the flock," grunted the apostate.

Ochazuke knelt upon the carved tile, then brushed his hand upon it as he studied the intricate design. The air of this very planet had been wrong as soon as they landed, perfumed by the same vile magic they'd so recently fought against. Clearly, there was a deeper scheme at work.

Concentrating his sense-awareness, he expanded his field of Battle Meditation, and drew information from the very world itself with Muhen Sekai Keihatsu; drawing from the very Leylines of Reshlan, he sought to uncover the very spiritual foundations of this world, and those who dwelt upon it.
    Dozens, hundreds of leylines run throughout the planet, deep pools of energy and soul. Nearly all with tendrils of black ooze in each one.

The very essence of Auroc permeates the air, the ground, the water, the leylines. It is no wonder why they have seen him as a god for so long.

While searching, you also find two things. Below the citadel, far below, an energy signature like Nevalinna’s, but being drained quickly, tendrils of dark energy cooling up from the prison to Auroc. Presumably, Neva’s mother, the Queen.

And there is also something below the entire city, a massive tube carved into the very foundations and leylines itself.

A rune of destruction.

Powerful enough if activated by Auroc or the Maven, it could destroy the planet.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM