Page 620 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1205205706106166176186196206216226236246306707201120 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Martin Luther King Jr. was a very intelligent and wise man. Pity he didn't run for President back then.
    Yeah, unfortunately he had a lot of 'not racists' who disliked him back then, too. Many considered him the 'most dangerous and effective negro in the country'. I imagine if there was a reasonable facsimile of him during our time, most conservatives would be A-OK with the FBI surveilling him to the same degree that King himself was. King would be labelled a BLM terrorist by your ilk! I'm sure his race would have nothing to do with it, though......
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I cannot speak to this particular case but there was and is a lot of "You're a racist the moment you criticize Obama". So there is a natural tendency for people to begin any criticism with such a statement as it's not because he's black. Angie Harmon stated that the thing that infuriated her the most was that, the moment you criticize Obama's policies, you get that accusation thrown at you.

I support Obama's policies and think it is obvious that the detrimental aspects of his policies were because he had to compromise with Republicans who didn't want national health care at all. But, notice that I feel compelled to state that I supported Obama specifically because saying the slightest thing against him is inviting that racist accusation.
    That's understandable! Racism isn't always about hating people of another race, however. It can can also be defined as advocating or accepting of systems of oppression which adversely affect POCs at a significantly higher rate than they do whites. If people refuse to take their blindfolds off because it would cause them some emotional discomfort, then **** THOSE RACIST PIECES OF ****!!!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately he had a lot of 'not racists' who disliked him back then, too. Many considered him the 'most dangerous and effective negro in the country'. I imagine if there was a reasonable facsimile of him during our time, most conservatives would be A-OK with the FBI surveilling him to the same degree that King himself was. King would be labelled a BLM terrorist by your ilk! I'm sure his race would have nothing to do with it, though......
    King was a lot more radical than popular history remembers. "The riot is the voice of the unheard" is just one of the quotes he had which would be sure to trigger a ton if people.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Some folks on Twitter tried to start the #bernieknew, and people countered with this...
    Because we all see through the smears, that the Right and some of the so-called "Left" are trying to do the day before the Nevada Caucus, anyone who thinks they aren't trying to swing people away from Sanders with lies is addled in the head.
    Attachment 93525
    One side has the estimate of all Intelligence agencies and the Mueller Report, the other side has an opinion piece in ... checks note ... The Moscow Times.

Seems legit.

By the way, the trend people "tried to start" is still the #1 trend in the country, hours later.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 02-22-2020 at 12:40 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    You're haven't posted here in more than week and your only post when you come back is a cheap shot at me.
    Your English does not read like that of a native speaker when you have not had enough sleep, why is that?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Please do not take my type out of context. I stated that this is what others accused me of, not that this is what I personally think regarding any person's skin color.
    What you wrote was racist with out without context. So you are saying it was not a typo?

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that oil & gas exploration and semiconductors took a hit on Friday.

But, yeah...

Let's chalk it up to Elizabeth Warren has magically transformed into Prue Halliwell or something.
    If you ever want to open up about what it was in your life that made you feel so harshly towards women, my DMs are open.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Your English does not read like that of a native speaker when you have not had enough sleep, why is that?
    Because English isn't my 1st language, and I'm self-taught so I make mistakes.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Serena Williams almost died to the same ****. Economic justice and racial justice are inextricably tied.

That's a non-sequitur. The fact that an incredibly rich woman gets treated differently by hospitals just because she is black, the same experience so many poorer black women have, show that they are NOT tied. It's the opposite of the conclusion you arrive at.

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Those guys did a bad thing and apologized. /shrug.
    There I said it.
    You sure are lenient on people who did this.

https://www.rollingstone.com/wp-cont...138-Austin.jpg

All it takes is some thinly veiled apology, convenient memory lapses, blaming poor impulse control, dodging responsibility and blaming the DNC for making them do it and all is forgiven. Would you be so casual with this had they supporters from any other candidate against anyone associated with Sanders? I don't think so.

But where's your post attacking people who lie about Sanders supporters?
    Gaslighting, again. This is a post I made to you on this subject, days ago.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4842104

You’re cherry picking straw men, of course Chuck Todd and Matthews would do that why would you expect anything less?

Michael Brooks isn’t what you’d call objective, either. Krystal Ball’s been turning into a leftist ideologues since she joined the Hill, I can’t help but think she’s cashing in on a vector since ’16. She wasn’t this hard left when she was on MSNBC, it must be a lucrative niche.
    Not to say they weren’t right in this particular case with Joy Reid.
    Agreeing with you that people on MSNBC are unfairly attacking Sanders. Strange how you would forget that fact, isn't it?

That didn't make the harassment Roberta Lange got any less real. Who is she? She was Nevada's Democratic chair.

See, the problem we have with many of you guys isn't that we think Sanders is perfect, or his supporters are.
    We have a problem with you people thinking it's ONLY Sanders supporters and Sanders that are the problem.

You NEVER post an article of another candidate doing this, do you?
    Except supporters who abuse Sanders supporters and his campaign have been openly condemned by those who don't support Sanders in this thread so your hyperbole lacks any weight when confronted with reality.

I don't need to, when I've agreed when factual links are posted for me. Of course, that's just an excuse to justify attacking people who aren't supporting Sanders, there never was anything myself or others not in your group could do to convince you because we're "evil centrists" whose flaw is not protecting Sanders and his die-hards at all costs. Who are we to dare call them to account?

I'm more inclined to believe you're not being disingenuous when you post articles about campaigns supporters, harassing Sanders Supporters.
    When are you going to do that? If you do, will you be consistent in pointing this out? Because otherwise, you're a hypocrite.
    You're the hypocrite here. It's quite something to see you get so hyped defending Sanders and his associates, as though you were cheering for the Yankees.

This is far from our first engagement in this thread, don't pretend like it is.

What is it about the anti-Bernie crowd that attracts people like this.

Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

If you ever want to open up about what it was in your life that made you feel so harshly towards women, my DMs are open.
    Reality does not reflect what you seem to wish reality would be.

Trying to change the subject ain't about to alter reality.

Warren is a perfectly solid candidate.

That said...

If the one poll from today that they put up in MSNBC's 10pm(Eastern) hour has both Sander and Warren going up two points but their overall positions remaining the same?

Nothing has, as of yet, changed.

What you wrote was racist with out without context. So you are saying it was not a typo?
    You lost a paragraph of context that more than one person easily understood when you quoted a single line of a paragraph.

If you had not eliminated the context, there would not have been a problem.

Now that we know Russian operatives are boosting both Trump and Sanders, a reminder of how they tend to operate:

Some of the accounts claimed to be citizen journalists and used these fake personas to try to contact policymakers, journalists, and other prominent public figures in Ukraine and other countries to plant false stories about politically divisive issues.

Ascendance of private messaging: beyond making public posts, these accounts engaged – and sometimes entrapped – their targets via private messaging. Such use of direct messages and emails to approach journalists and political figures has featured in several other ​information ​operations​ and is of growing tactical significance.

Coordinated activity across platforms: Graphika found that the Russian operation went beyond the Facebook accounts in question to a number of other smaller online platforms and blogs, which can be more easily leveraged to “launder” content and obscure its origins on social media.

Media organisations are targets too: agents of disinformation seek to legitimise their content by having it re-published by credible outlets to which they can outsource “the narrative baton”.

And here is the full Graphika report, "From Russia with Blogs"

One thing I noticed even on this thread is people linking to articles that look like decent news sites, but then the sourcing of the story is just tweets by accounts that do not even have a blue checkmark. That's highly suspicious to me now.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Reality does not reflect what you seem to wish reality would be.

Trying to change the subject ain't about to alter reality.

Warren is a perfectly solid candidate.

That said...

If the one poll from today that they put up in MSNBC's 10pm(Eastern) hour has both Sander and Warren going up two points but their overall positions remaining the same?

Nothing has, as of yet, changed.
    Have you looked at which days this poll was taken?

Spoiler: 3 before the debate, one after.

Hillary was right!