View Poll Results: Which Age of X-Man mini do look forward to?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • The X-Tremists

72 37.31%
  • Prisoner X

64 33.16%
  • Apocalypse & the X-tracts

44 22.80%
  • Marvelous X-Men

51 26.42%
  • NextGen

36 18.65%
  • Amazing Nightcrawler

34 17.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Vita Ayala interview for Prisoner X: https://www.newsarama.com/43730-pris...nt-utopia.html
    FINALLY! Just from this interview alone, I'm already rather fond (became a fan!) of Vita, and was quite taken with just about everything she had to say:

... Ayala: ... the Danger Room – holds an assortment of mutants. Their “crimes” against the utopia are as varied as they are. ...

... what I will say is that, things are not at all what they initially seem (literally – don’t trust your eyes)!...

... Bishop is disappearing into this place – into the system. ...

... the other prisoners... seem to have been twisted and warped by being in the Danger Room. ...

... Zac and Lonnie... they very much seemed to want to hack away at the way that we (as Westerners and as North Americans especially) think of utopias, by showing across the board that they are incredibly exclusive, restrictive, and incomparable with the real happiness of people.

There is no place for most people in a utopia, so, what happens when everyone is forced into that world?...

... Germán Peralta...

... the last action sequence in the second issue. I was laughing and clapping my hands as the roughs came in, that’s how great they are!...

... they have the X-Books well in hand coming up (so excited for this year!), but I would definitely come back if they ever had a place for me to play!...

... just know that the main cast – Bishop, Dani, Forge, Polaris, Beast, and Gabby – are incredible characters that have plenty of stories to catch up on once readers check out Prisoner X!
    My 💚 SWELLS! Happy to hear Forge is involved. Having not even read it yet, I trust my gut on this one, and hope they find room for her after AoXM. And that she's a continued presence & contributor, in & to the Mutant mythos moving forward. The X-Men's future would be much brighter, and the better for it, me thinX.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-01-2019 at 10:04 PM.

BANNED

Ayala says to not believe your eyes but people will continue to insist Dani being in AoXM is an amateur oversight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Bishop, Polaris, Dani, Forge, Gabby, and Beast? Put that team in the 616...
    HELL YEAH!! I'd be all about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm more excited by this interview...
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    There's lots of possibilities. My guess right now would be that Nate or Legion copied Dani's memories and used the "Danger Room" to recreate her. Or it could just be a Dani based on Nate's memories of Dani.

I'm looking forward to finding out who the other character in this mini is. Legion, maybe?
    I think you're onto something. DH is a really good guess, that would make a whole lotta sense, but... who else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I can dig this. Maybe this recreation of Dani is the mole? Sort of goes along with her mutant powers.
    There's a mole? I don't recall this being mentioned before. Was it said to be in PX specifically, or AoXM as a whole?

Ayala says to not believe your eyes but people will continue to insist Dani being in AoXM is an amateur oversight.
    Stubborn to a fault, as they say.

Anyway, forgot to add earlier - MUCH thanX for the find, D3 & Maestro!!

BANNED

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-02-2019 at 12:24 AM.

BANNED

Vita Ayala interview for Prisoner X: https://www.newsarama.com/43730-pris...nt-utopia.html
    Interesting stuff.
    • I love that Bishop is our POV character here and after all those years of character assassination we get to enjoy him again.
    • The 'assortment' of mutants is intriguing too- how many cameos will they squeeze in? And if this is a 'utopia', just how many prisoners are there?
    • Things not being what they seem is a neat premise. The prison literally being dubbed the Danger Room should be a dead giveaway. It's unclear if Danger showed up for the battle against Legion, but what if she's the warden?
    • I must admit the inclusion of Forge surprised me; I suspected Sunfire or Angel but both of those were disproven in AoXM: Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    There's lots of possibilities. My guess right now would be that Nate or Legion copied Dani's memories and used the "Danger Room" to recreate her. Or it could just be a Dani based on Nate's memories of Dani.

I'm looking forward to finding out who the other character in this mini is. Legion, maybe?
    I suspect you're right. Nate could very well have 'built' his own Dani when he remade reality. It's another potential means of repowering her too, if the Warlock infection doesn't do it first.

I honestly don't know who else it could be. All the most recognizable mutants that we know are in this reality are already accounted for. Besides, its completely logical for Nate to contain David, given the scope of his abilities. If anyone can best X-Man, it's Legion (and it still might come to that)

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I cannot WAIT to see the Prisoner X segment of this. Lorna, Dani, Lucas, Gabby, Hank & Forge. Wow.

All in all, I still have hesitation and concern about a couple pieces of the Age of X-Man but I believe that it's still gonna deliver overall, and by the sounds of it there's some great stuff coming up for the X-Men in 2019

That X-Tremists logo!!!!!!!

God, I was really not looking forward to yet another AU story but AoXM is killing it in these early reveals of design and concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    That X-Tremists logo!!!!!!!

God, I was really not looking forward to yet another AU story but AoXM is killing it in these early reveals of design and concepts.
    If Jubes doesn’t get to keep her X-tremists getup when everything’s back in 616 I’ll weep real tears. I mean an ugly cry - the kind with several minutes of no sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    If Jubes doesn’t get to keep her X-tremists getup when everything’s back in 616 I’ll weep real tears. I mean an ugly cry - the kind with several minutes of no sound.
    I'm likin' the more serious, stern & stoic stance she's repeatedly shown in:

... with hands clasped in front, and the jacket thrown over her shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    ... I cannot WAIT to see the Prisoner X segment of this. Lorna, Dani, Lucas, Gabby, Hank & Forge. Wow. ...
    NO DOUBT, AGREED! With it & X-tracts as the neXt, final pieces to be revealed, seems like they truly did save the best for last. ;p

Speaking of, if these AoXM groupings were to actually carry over & continue on into the 616 afterward, I sure wouldn't mind seein' Gabz & Henry replaced by the X-Tremists' Bobby & JP:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Speaking of, if these AoXM groupings were to actually carry over & continue on into the 616 afterward, I sure wouldn't mind seeing' Gabby & Henry replaced by the X-Tremists' Bobby & JP
    I've my own ideal lineups outlined over in the "7 Man X Dream Team" thread. I would kill to get Bobby, Lorna & JP on the same team.
    It will be interesting to see if any characters put together (outside of the A-Lister's from Marvelous X-Men) will stick together once AoXM wraps. I sure hope so.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I really am curious how they going to solve the double Dani appearances.

I strongly believes an a editors failure most, as it would not be the first time things don't make sense and will not get explained.

Or maybe they did come up with a reason, maybe Dani is the reason they say we should not trust our eyes. In that case, Mystique comes to mind., but she was not at the fight.

Also noticed another double: Blindfold is in de MU, we saw her in the preview, but also on various covers of NextGen.

That is why I believe more in editors failure.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I also think the preview for Marvelous X-Men tells us more about who some of these prisoners will be. I know those were mostly just world-building portraits with nothing more to them, but the fact that X-Man replaces Monet makes me think she’s been excommunicated like Bishop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I also think the preview for Marvelous X-Men tells us more about who some of these prisoners will be. I know those were mostly just world-building portraits with nothing more to them, but the fact that X-Man replaces Monet makes me think she’s been excommunicated like Bishop.
    Oh wow. I think you're right. If so that's some fantastic world-building and attention to detail. It would explain why Beast wasn't a member of the O5 in the AoXM- he was excommunicated and X-Man took his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    God I hope not. She looks like she’s trying to do a Trinity cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    God I hope not. She looks like she’s trying to do a Trinity cosplay.
    Its better than her very dated 90s look

They had the ideal Jubilee costume for years before JDW-era, they just ruined it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate