Page 152 of 190 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2846

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I find it hard to believe Jean’s only been with 2 guys. That seems a little low for a woman near 27-ish. I get that between Scott and now she’s been dead a lot, but still.

It’s my personal headcanon that she did sleep with Ted. Probably another guy while in college, too. It’s college. It happens!

Then, Teen Jeen slept with Teen Hank. If Warren could with X-23, and we know Jean and Hank we’re together for a bit, I see no reason why they didn’t get intimate. “Kissing him felt like kissing my brother”, yeah okay, you mean sleeping with him felt like being Cersei, lol.

So that’s 3 right there, plus 2, that’s a total of 5 guys which seems more realistic to me.
    I'd like to believe that Jean won't just give the cookies out to anybody simply because of attraction and casual dating. Her history kinda supports that.

Only Scott and Lucas got the ocean in motion which is fine...

Hank is fine, but Warren? Ew. Logan? Ew. Ted? Who again?

Ultimate Member

Well in the 616 verse so far it's only Scott that she's slept with, Bishop was in an alternate reality/universe just like with Logan in AoA...and so far Bishop seems to have only happened just for the sake of it to do something different and such, I wouldn't expect it to continue and we'll be back to her choosing between Logan and Scott soon enough with Bishop maybe back to limbo...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Just no to sleeping with Hank. That is just too messed up to imagine lol I have been re-reading the original X-men days and I do not see Jean sleeping with Ted or any other guy while she was at college. I realize what was in Grand Design, but I don't think it counts. I know it is not realistic to some, but intimacy is extremely variable with people. Some have a lot of partners and some of us do not. Not everyone acts like the stereotypical college student while in college.

Yep. If you read the originall 66 issues, the ONLY guy she ever showed any interest in was Scott. LOL, here is how she dated Warren. One time he asked her to dinner and she asked Scott to come along. It was a triangle in the sense that Warren was definitely interested in her. Until he met Candy.

Most of Jean's interaction with Ted had to do with Ted's brother Ralph becoming Cobalt Man. i sure don't recall any dating or hint of romance. I believe Warren and Scott saw him and might have been a bit threatened by him. That doesn't mean the reader ever saw anything even potentially going on between them.

I don't do headcanon. I go by what the books show nor do I think it's ridiculously unrealistic. Like you said, it varies by person. Now, someone could retcon in that she slept with Ted. I'd find it a real stretch, but it sure as hell wouldn't be the first retcon I could say that about

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    It is insulting. It has to be the most disgusting and insulting ship on all comics. Unique for how messed up it is. Not even villains hook up on relationships like that.

Shippers are just blind, they will ignore logic and even character integrity for their ships, no matter how idiotic it makes the characters look.
    For me, that was what it was all about. Once that went out the window, I didn't give a **** who was writing them or how they wrote them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There are no marriages or sex in AoXM.
    Only after Hope, Cable, Scott and Wolverine died. Before it marriages, friendhisps were legal

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    It is insulting. It has to be the most disgusting and insulting ship on all comics. Unique for how messed up it is. Not even villains hook up on relationships like that.

Shippers are just blind, they will ignore logic and even character integrity for their ships, no matter how idiotic it makes the characters look.
    At least we agree on something. People like what they like, but at least you are consistent.
    The start is pretty awful and the development doesn't right it in any way
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-05-2019 at 07:41 AM.

If I remember well of Infinite Crusade, Jean was considered one of the most religious characters, unlike Scott for example who was on the other side. Maybe that affects their relationships a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If I remember well of Infinite Crusade, Jean was considered one of the most religious characters, unlike Scott for example who was on the other side. Maybe that affects their relationships a bit?
    Daredevil is catholic and sleep around a lot. Hunstress is catholic and did one night stand.
    If Jean is religious they do a bad job of following up on that

For me it was because she was too into Scott to think about anyone else, much less do anything;

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Daredevil is catholic and sleep around a lot. Hunstress is catholic and did one night stand.
    If Jean is religious they do a bad job of following up on that

For me it was because she was too into Scott to think about anyone else, much less do anything;
    I think one writer even said Mystique was, or was raised Catholic & that's why she seemingly doesn't use birth control. lol

Religion is someone that's becoming more unpopular & non-accepted today. So they'll announce a character as religious, but you wouldn't know it unless it was announced.

Monet is Muslim and announced it very flippantly 200+ issues into X-Factor where she was also shown to do nude modelling and had an outfit with half her boobs out.

It creates argument that "All Muslims don't cover up." But really, what was the point of making her Muslim anyhow when it was hardly a focal point of her character & she wasn't shown as religious before.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think one writer even said Mystique was, or was raised Catholic & that's why she seemingly doesn't use birth control. lol

Religion is someone that's becoming more unpopular & non-accepted today. So they'll announce a character as religious, but you wouldn't know it unless it was announced.

Monet is Muslim and announced it very flippantly 200+ issues into X-Factor where she was also shown to do nude modelling and had an outfit with half her boobs out.

It creates argument that "All Muslims don't cover up." But really, what was the point of making her Muslim anyhow when it was hardly a focal point of her character & she wasn't shown as religious before.
    I always thought it was weird for Monet be muslim then do nude modelling and sex before marriage. Sure people get loose on their religious behavior, but it seemed too much for me

Religion isn't as important as it was, so it is hard to get religious heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I always thought it was weird for Monet be muslim then do nude modelling and sex before marriage. Sure people get loose on their religious behavior, but it seemed too much for me

Religion isn't as important as it was, so it is hard to get religious heroes.
    All I can say is that there are religious people who adhere strictly to the tenets of their faith and there are many others who are religious due to their culture but often do not always follow the rules of their faith.

In terms of the rectangle, this page says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Complete with the artist forgetting Emma has a half-shaved head, which was shown literally two panels ago.

Funniest panel of the year lol.

You know what, Ems? Go sleep with Logan. Get back at them.

I'm.neutral toward then, but this was like the only part of this issue that i liked, the rest was just sort of forgetable.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona