Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Which galaxy? Everybody back on Earth was just fine during Secret Wars, so far as I can recall....
    I may misremember, but Beyonder destroyed the Galaxy and Owen Reece restored it. Maybe it wasn't the Milky Way?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I may misremember, but Beyonder destroyed the Galaxy and Owen Reece restored it. Maybe it wasn't the Milky Way?
    I don't remember that with either Secret Wars, but maybe that was a part of Secret Wars II I'm forgetting? Earth was definitely intact and worrying about the vanished heroes in I, though.

Or perhaps you're thinking of Infinity Gauntlet or some similar event?

EDIT: Pays to check things... Beyonder did indeed destroy a galaxy in front of the gathered heroes in order to use it as building materials for the first Battleworld. There were survivors of some of the planets there in some zones of the Battleworld, too, otherwise Colossus couldn't have two-timed Kitty there. But it definitely wasn't the Milky Way Galaxy, or probably any of the familiar ones that were home to the Shi'ar or Skrulls or whoever.

And everybody here knows that the universe contains not just one or a few galaxies, but billions of them, making the Incursions as they're described on a whole other level than a mere galaxy, right?
    Last edited by vitruvian; 01-21-2015 at 06:16 PM.

I don't remember that with either Secret Wars, but maybe that was a part of Secret Wars II I'm forgetting? Earth was definitely intact and worrying about the vanished heroes in I, though.

EDIT: Pays to check things... Beyonder did indeed destroy a galaxy in front of the gathered heroes in order to use it as building materials for the first Battleworld. There were survivors of some of the planets there in some zones of the Battleworld, too, otherwise Colossus couldn't have two-timed Kitty there. But it definitely wasn't the Milky Way Galaxy, or probably any of the familiar ones that were home to the Shi'ar or Skrulls or whoever.

And everybody here knows that the universe contains not just one or a few galaxies, but billions of them, making the Incursions as they're described on a whole other level than a mere galaxy, right?
    Yeah, but I was speaking of how they destroyed and reassembled a Galaxy as an example of how they could restore Earth. Beyonder has shown the power to create a duplicate universe, so he can restore a whole universe for the heroes after Secret Wars too.

Yeah, but I was speaking of how they destroyed and reassembled a Galaxy as an example of how they could restore Earth. Beyonder has shown the power to create a duplicate universe, so he can restore a whole universe for the heroes after Secret Wars too.
    Sure, and that's what I'm pretty much assuming will happen... although Beyonder is not the only character capable of such a feat, either.

And if the Ivory Kings are a coalition of Beyonders, as many have speculated, or Beyonders and other reality manipulators, they could certainly be powerful enough to restore not just a universe, but a new version of the multiverse... even if they can't stop the collapse of the current one.

BANNED

I just realized that for the Battleworld of Secret Wars 1984 only 616 Denver was used by the Beyonder as being part of it.
    It saddens me that there was never a story of how everyone in 616 North-America, and the entire 616 Earth reacted, when 616 Denver left a huge hole.

But for Secret Wars 2015, I imagine that Marsha Rosenburg aka Volcana and the families of Mary 'Skeeter' McPherran aka Titania and Julia Carpenter aka second Spider-Woman, who I believe all live in 616 Denver, will cease to be as well.

I am kind of sad that Molecule Man, The Wrecking Crew, Ultron, Enchantress, Klaw, Dr. Octopus, Absorbing Man, Volcana, Titania and Julia Carpenter will not be featured in Secret Wars 2015 since I loved there appearances in Secret Wars 1984 .

I think everybody will die during the last Incursion, but will be resurrected after Secret Wars. That's what happened during Secret Wars I (Beyonder destroyed the whole Galaxy in the first issue, and Molecule Man recreated it at the end of Secret Wars).
    It's interesting Doom has Molecule Man ferreted away in Latveria, and maybe it's because Doom remembers what you just wrote.

Bucky and Daisy Johnson are in another galaxy so maybe they're safe?

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

The original Battleworld was a 'patchwork planet' made up from bits of other planets, such as Zsajj's planet and Venom's homeworld, so it was definitely made from multiple planets. But the new Battleworld is made from bits of planets in different universes. Originally, the Beyonder wanted to study Humans (which is why he bought Central Park and Denver to Battleworld), and most of the new Battleworld us made up from pieces of different earths. Maybe that's why.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

After Secret Wars the part of 616 that is used in battleworld will just rejoin the 616 earth at the exact same moment that it left so nobody will even realise it happened.
    This is the most obvious course they will take.

Battleworld is only the status quo during secret war, 616 earth will return to normal geography after that. If someone is not in manhattan when it is transported then it only means they are missing out on the event itself.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Stiill no word about the Beyonder...?!?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Turpin View Post
    After Secret Wars the part of 616 that is used in battleworld will just rejoin the 616 earth at the exact same moment that it left so nobody will even realise it happened.
    This is the most obvious course they will take.

Battleworld is only the status quo during secret war, 616 earth will return to normal geography after that. If someone is not in manhattan when it is transported then it only means they are missing out on the event itself.
    This would be insulting to me. I do not want 616 Manhattan to rejoin Earth 616 because I no longer want Jonathan Hickman, Dan Slott, BMB and KSD to write any marvel comic that is part of Earth 616.

Whatever marvel universe will come into being as a result of Secret Wars, it will not be Earth 616 and thus I no longer have to tolerate the to me insufferable marvel comics that are part of Earth 616. Make it happen marvel comics! Make it happen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No, but to me he should have a role in Secret wars 2015

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Secret Wars 2015 doesn't have to adhere closely to Secret Wars 1984.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Turpin View Post
    Except that the remainder of the 616 universe will have been destroyed in the Incursion. There's nothing to rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    This would be insulting to me. I do not want 616 Manhattan to rejoin Earth 616 because I no longer want Jonathan Hickman, Dan Slott, BMB and KSD to write any marvel comic that is part of Earth 616.

Whatever marvel universe will come into being as a result of Secret Wars, it will not be Earth 616 and thus I no longer have to tolerate the to me insufferable marvel comics that are part of Earth 616. Make it happen marvel comics! Make it happen!
    I agree about Slott! Hopefully one of the fallouts from this is that Spider-man is somehow salvaged