Page 96 of 865 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 12974

Woohoo. My Big Damn Sin City just got shipped. And I got an update from amazon.co.uk that my Final Incal deluxe edition will also be shipped soon. Both books should be here early next week.

There was some discussion of Final Incal being OOP, but apparently copies were allocated to Europe. So if you still need one, you can get it through one of the european amazon's and possibly also through other european online retailers.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 07-11-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I read that just now... HOLY ****!
    even for Kirkman standards that was extremely brutal. I loved it!

*Spoilers*

I swear the image of Invincible headbutting Conquest to death or him biting Conquest is going to stick with me.

Spoilers over
    Told you
    I was warned before I've read that that fight will be brutal so I've prepared and listened to some epic music while I was reading (probably Klendathu drop or something similar). I t made the whole thing more epic

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Try Destroyer MAX. It's a fun (and bloody) romp in 6 issues. That was my first experience with Kirkman, I liked it so I started Invincible right after that and I'm still in love with it.
    I also liked his Ant Man miniseries, but a lot of people dislike it because the main character (not Hank or Scott, a new Ant Man, Eric) is a huge jerk with very few redeeming qualities. Still, it's fun.
    Attachment 5616
    I liked Destroyer, but I loved Ant-Man, and there's a tpb that's nicely put together that collects the whole series. Funny stuff!
    However, I couldn't stand his Marvel Team-Up.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It may be a weird suggesting for a first Kirkman comic, but I really liked Astounding Wolfman. The people that didn't like it complain that the pacing is far too fast but for me it's just a fun, exciting ride. It's collected in 4 trades (there was also a small crossover with Invincible so you get a taste of that too).
    Wolfman was definitely fun.

Another suggestion is Battle Pope, but it's certainly not for those who are sensitive to writers taking liberties with religious matters or taking things a little too far - maybe even past what Garth Ennis tends to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Recently went on vacation and looked for some new books to read and ended up getting The Boys by Ennis. How have I not read this before!? Loving the gore and the absurdity and many times find myself wondering why I never thought of 'The Supes' this way before! The character development and the cast itself - as well as the story - are top notch! I am on the 7th trade and can't wait to get to the next issue/trade. Any other recommendation, particularly by Ennis, that is as solid (other than his Punisher)?
    Preacher, Hitman, Hellblazer, his war stuff, and Wormwood (completely underrated and off the radar for many - perhaps my favorite Ennis series!). Also, he wrote a ton of Judge Dredd for 2000AD back in the day and I think all of it - or most anyway - has been collected in thin oversized tpbs.

But, really, pretty much anything he does is awesome.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Told you
    I was warned before I've read that that fight will be brutal so I've prepared and listened to some epic music while I was reading (probably Klendathu drop or something similar). I t made the whole thing more epic
    Ha. When I'm re-reading the thing I'll put up some Guns 'N Roses and grab some popcorn. Already looking forward to it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    There was some discussion of Final Incal being OOP, but apparently copies were allocated to Europe. So if you still need one, you can get it through one of the european amazon's and possibly also through other european online retailers.
    I still can't figure out what would that other hardcover be, do you have any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    I still can't figure out what would that other hardcover be, do you have any clues?
    Probably the coffee table book without the Moebius pages.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Finally!

Also, I finally got round to reading Fear Agent LE Vol.2! What a ride, and the ending was incredible. It's a real testament to Remender's skills that you can get so emotionally invested in Heath's character arc, in the midst of all that pulp sci-fi insanity.

Can you post some pictures of the Ladronn art from Final Incal?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Woohoo. My Big Damn Sin City just got shipped. And I got an update from amazon.co.uk that my Final Incal deluxe edition will also be shipped soon. Both books should be here early next week.

I got my shipping notice too, and a refund of 79 cents since the price dropped after I ordered. Amazon are pretty good about that. Now the waiting begins.

My Big Damn Sin City, IG Omnibus, Fear Agent 2, and a host of other goodies should be at my house tomorrow!!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I got my shipping notice too, and a refund of 79 cents since the price dropped after I ordered. Amazon are pretty good about that. Now the waiting begins.
    Got mine too, it gets here august 14 (uuuuuh, so loooong).

On a side note, I have never gotten into Judge Dredd, I want to rectify that now. Any good collection recommendations for a total noob (really, total noob. Didn't even saw the movie)?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Can you post some pictures of the Ladronn art from Final Incal?
    I've tried taking some snaps, but between my lighting and potato camera I can't do it justice at all. There's a pretty decent preview on Amazon, but you really need to see it for real; it looks amazing. Very faithful to Moebius' designs, but with the level of detail ramped up to insane levels. The colouring is stunning too.

Fantastic Member

My recent additions!

Does anyone know if the hardcover of mike allreds red rocket 7 is oversized?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    yep

btw, i think some of the black color from the inside of the slipcase got transferred to the white cover of the book
    So not in perfect condition, but nothing to complain about either.
    So terrifically insane. Would love to know what else is in this book and any feedback. Wallace Wood was the man. (I like Wally! Wish he did.)