Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Learn what bisexuality is.
    Why didn't you tell Bendis this?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Doom was never heroic. Infamous Iron Man was about him murdering other villains, turning his back on Latveria, getting trolled by Mephisto, and knocking up Tony Stark's former girlfriend.
    I guess you're forgetting the part where Doom saved Rhodey and Stark when the Hood/Demon was going to take over their bodies, I presume as a means to run Stark industries and gain power through influence. He also was looking out for Ben and Johnny in Marvel Two in One. He did step away from Latveria and probably should have made sure General Karadick didn't screw things up. But the point was to make Latveria independent. Shouldn't that be a good thing?

As for Amara, bad on Bendis for not showing when they decided to become intimate. I'd rather they didn't but Amara does think she has fallen in love. I'm sure Slott will probably deal with it as best he can.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I guess your're forgetting the part where Doom saved Rhodey and Stark when the Hood/Demon was going to take over their bodies, I presume as a means to run Stark industries and gain power through influence. He also was looking out for Ben and Johnny in Marvel Two in One. He did step away from Latveria and probably should have made sure General Karadick didn't screw things up. But the point was to make Latveria independent. Shouldn't that be a good thing?

As for Amara, bad on Bendis for not showing when they decided to become intimate. I'd rather they didn't but Amara does think she has fallen in love. I'm sure Slott will probably deal with it as best he can.
    The Hood targeted Stark's company because he assumed that Stark and Doom were allies. Doom was only cleaning up his own mess. And since when is the Hood a threat to Iron Man or War Machine outside of plot induced stupidity?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Saying Victor was cleaning up his mess makes him sound heroic and defeats your argument though.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why didn't you tell Bendis this?
    I was schleep.

Saying Victor was cleaning up his mess makes him sound heroic and defeats your argument though.
    It's also a stretch to characterize it as something Victor caused. At no point did he have control over Stark's companies anyway. There was a pretty public battle with his Mom and the board. And it was quite obvious that the Hood was in possession of some kind of Demon. His face was exposed in their fight and the demon even said as much... that he was using Parker Robbins form. Bendis admittedly pulled that out of his.....hat. There was no indication until the two of them battled alone. After all, the Hood was one of the 3 or 4 dozen criminal types that Doom rounded up in the beginning of Infamous Iron Man. He was taken care of pretty easily them. Wasn't Victor's fault that the facilities at the Raft couldn't hold them.

duplicate post.....Yikes. things are still pretty bad.

that's one interpretation. me, personally, I see it as a sign of adulthood. he endangered Tony Stark and a lot of other people by waging war on the villain community. and he did a half-*** job of it. the Hood and his gang were in a position to retaliate while Doom got the woman he was stalking pregnant. you call it heroism. so I guess, by your standards, flushing a toilet is heroic.

It's also a stretch to characterize it as something Victor caused. At no point did he have control over Stark's companies anyway. There was a pretty public battle with his Mom and the board. And it was quite obvious that the Hood was in possession of some kind of Demon. His face was exposed in their fight and the demon even said as much... that he was using Parker Robbins form. Bendis admittedly pulled that out of his.....hat. There was no indication until the two of them battled alone. After all, the Hood was one of the 3 or 4 dozen criminal types that Doom rounded up in the beginning of Infamous Iron Man. He was taken care of pretty easily them. Wasn't Victor's fault that the facilities at the Raft couldn't hold them.
    Bendis is not subtle. the Hood didn't get much dialogue. since you have the issues, go back and count how many times the Hood mentions Stark's name and wondering if Doom and Stark are in an alliance. then count the number of times that he or his gang threaten retaliation.

If someone draws the wrong conclusion I don't see how it isn't anyone's fault but their own.

If someone draws the wrong conclusion I don't see how it isn't anyone's fault but their own.
    the Hood's conclusion was logical. Victor von Doom was running around using the name of Iron Man. it's not something Tony Stark would give his blessing to. yet Tony Stark wasn't known, by the villain community, to be out of action. Stark was not on the Hood's radar until Victor took action. Victor's failed war on the villain community led to the Hood seeking retribution. He looked in Latveria. no Victor. it's a straight line to Stark's place. take Victor out of the equation and the Hood's still robbing banks.

Really looking forward to reading this tomorrow.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I got it!

Finally!
    I got these variants as if I didn't need to eat this month, but honest;y. I've been saving mucho bucks on no FF, no LSH, and no JSA.

Adams
    Cassaday
    Kirby
    Pichelli
    Quesada
    Simonson
    Wieringo

I know suspension of disbelief plays a big part in superhero comics. I know that readers of superhero comics aren't really big sports fans. But I have to say it, Slott is really pushing it if he expects me to believe that Johnny Storm is a Mets fan. Ben Grimm I can totally see cheering for the tire fire that is the Mets. Johnny Storm has done nothing but root for the Yankees because they are New York royalty. They are winners. Men want to be them. Women want to be with them. That is how Johnny views himself. Maybe Slott still had some lingering Peter Parker characterization because I can totally see him at a Mets game.

What's next Johnny Storm goes to a Cleveland Browns game? If your going to do something sports related, do it right.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-08-2018 at 12:29 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest