Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Kate Bishop fan club in Deviantart:
    https://www.deviantart.com/kate-bishop-fans

Looks like Kate has a bone to pick with Doc Ock.

Apparently he thinks that her West Coast Avengers are just weakling children playacting.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-4-casts...ampaign=CBR-TW

PS: people are saying that she's already Kate Bishop. No pls.
    Last edited by Magik; 10-26-2018 at 03:51 PM.

It's possible, especially since there's also been speculation about an aged-up Cassie Lang as Stinger here.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post

I'm choosing to believe I willed this into reality, as I was just the other day thinking about her playing Kate in the MCU. lol

No confirmation so far, but I would be totally on board with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post

god no. 13RW actors are some of the blandest actors I've seen. Plus, I'd rather an Asian actress played her (that's just personal preference tho).

Why? Kate isn't Asian.

Something else that supports the idea of her being Kate - isn't Clint Barton going to be Ronin in this film? In the comics, she debuted when he was dead, then when House of M caused his resurrection, he became Ronin.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why? Kate isn't Asian.

Something else that supports the idea of her being Kate - isn't Clint Barton going to be Ronin in this film? In the comics, she debuted when he was dead, then when House of M caused his resurrection, he became Ronin.
    Kate as asian seems to be a popular trend among some fans. Could be related to the way David Aja drew her on his Hawkeye run; I know some people who were introduced to Kate in that series and thought she was asian.

And Clint is not confirmed to be Ronin, but it does seem like he's headed that way, so yeah, it would be the perfect time for another Hawkeye to show up. We've heard a rumor about a possible Hawkeye movie with Kate from a reliable source not too long ago as well, so this could be their way to set it up.

Incredible Member

Weird how the MCU is lacking in the Asian American casting considering how Disney is trying to pander to China.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 10-27-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Kate as asian seems to be a popular trend among some fans. Could be related to the way David Aja drew her on his Hawkeye run; I know some people who were introduced to Kate in that series and thought she was asian.

And Clint is not confirmed to be Ronin, but it does seem like he's headed that way, so yeah, it would be the perfect time for another Hawkeye to show up. We've heard a rumor about a possible Hawkeye movie with Kate from a reliable source not too long ago as well, so this could be their way to set it up.
    Yeah, I have seen people in Twitter claiming some fanarts and fancasts are whitewashing becayse Kate is Asian. (And they pull out a lot of Korean actresses.) As an Asian myself, I wouldn't mind it really, but again, I always feel they tend to do this very stereotypical Asian fancast and stuff. (Like Asian's skin tone may vary, and they pick the most "Asian" one on purpose or something. )

I don't think Aja drew her like Asian on purpose. If anything, sometimes it's just hard to extinguish certain facial features with some art style, and Kate has black hair. Her LA run doesn't have that problem I think.

Also for those pandering to China thing. Random added Asian/Chinese tend to make us cringe than anything else.
    It's usually some big corporation trying to sell a starlet or stuff like that. In the end, we like established characters we grew to love more than randomly added ones.

And mose Asian comic characters (mostly Kung-Fu, or Traditional Culture based) may leave a huge cringe effect, like how in old Thor comics, the Chinese gods look like Samuri.

There's speculation that Marvel Studios has a Hawkeye project in development. Unsure if it's a movie or TV series, but it involves Clint training a new archer - the article doesn't mention it, but that's obviously Kate if true.
    https://mcucosmic.com/2018/10/27/upd...ect-exclusive/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's speculation that Marvel Studios has a Hawkeye project in development. Unsure if it's a movie or TV series, but it involves Clint training a new archer - the article doesn't mention it, but that's obviously Kate if true.
    https://mcucosmic.com/2018/10/27/upd...ect-exclusive/
    Yeah, that is the source I was talking about in my previous post. It's nice to hear the project is getting into shape, and that does explain why Kate might appear in A4. I do have my worries about Kate making her MCU debut as Clint's trainee, though, because I think what worked so much about their relationship in the comics is the fact that she never was his sidekick. By the time they started working together, she was a hero in her own right, and she got there with nobody's help. She trained hard by herself over the years, and she decided to be a hero even if she wasn't invited to be one. She never set out to be a Hawkeye legacy; that just sort of happened by chance. I realize this is another universe and things can be different, but I'm going to be disappointed if her MCU motivations revolve around Clint and honoring his legacy. That's the opposite of what made me like Kate in the comics. Which is why I really wanted her MCU story to go just like in the comics: Young Avenger first, 1/2 of Hawkeye later on.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-28-2018 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, that is the source I was talking about in my previous post. It's nice to hear the project is getting into shape, and that does explain why Kate might appear in A4. I do have my worries about Kate making her MCU debut as Clint's trainee, though, because I think what worked so much about their relationship in the comics is the fact that she never was his sidekick. By the time they started working together, she was a hero in her own right, and she got there with nobody's help. She trained hard by herself over the years, and she decided to be a hero even if she wasn't invited to be one. She never set out to be a Hawkeye legacy; that just sort of happened by chance. I realize this is another universe and things can be different, but I'm going to be disappointed if her MCU motivations revolve around Clint and honoring his legacy. That's the opposite of what made me like Kate in the comics. Which is why I really wanted her MCU story to go just like in the comics: Young Avenger first, 1/2 of Hawkeye later on.
    I mean it would be closer to the truth than the other Hawkeyes MCU Origin.
    Though I doubt MCU Kate would be someone who goes from Fan to Successor. That doesn't sound very MCU-ish to me.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Last page of WCA #3... yikes.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The MCU rumour seems to be focused on Kate = Hawkeye's daughter from the farm aged up.

Personally, I hate that idea, but then I've hated anything to do with Hawkeye since that stupid farm reveal
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God