Page 7 of 121 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    It’s more like Cap created a new universe with a new Peggy in it at the point he jumped back and decided to stay. It is said in the movie the past could not the changed since time-stream, to every human, is one-dimensional.

I don’t think so, since he is the one tasked with putting the stones back where they go. Him doing anything else besides being the person Carter married seems to be something that would impact the time line and simply create paradoxs. It also seems clear to me that Rogers was always the person Peggy married—if I read that right. I might be mistaken but it seems, to me, that they always kept who Carter married under wraps for this particular reason. It isn’t so much Steve creating an alternate timeline as much as fulfilling the time loop that this adventure created. As it was always a part of the timeline, in this current iteration, that these events transpired (taking the stones and then promptly returning them).

As for Captain America on the broader scale, I think it was a smart move on Marvel’s part to put the character in the toy box for now. Frankly, it allows for Steve’s story to end but, should Marvel want to use him again, they can pluck him out of time and place him in the future again. Heck, with the time paradoxes showing up, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Kang the Conqueror show up in the next Avengers movie.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think fans were the only ones promising great prominence for Carol in this movie.
    The person you quoted made a strange comment. She is barely in the film, and there really isn't any point where she would be deemed as "unlikable". I don't see how you could watch this film, and come way with that impression. She's just there for muscle, and that's it. She doesn't really have any interactions with anyone else that could be described as a conflict.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-24-2019 at 07:55 AM.

BTW, there is a line in the film that some people are now thinking is a possible reference to Namor. I don't think so, and it would be a real stretch considering the Universal drama, but...it's there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    It also seems clear to me that Rogers was always the person Peggy married—if I read that right. I might be mistaken but it seems, to me, that they always kept who Carter married under wraps for this particular reason.
    They didn't keep it under wraps very well. In The Winter Soldier Steve is watching a news clip of Peggy recounting an adventure in which Captain America saved over 1000 men "including one who wold eventually become my husband. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life."

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    They didn't keep it under wraps very well. In The Winter Soldier Steve is watching a news clip of Peggy recounting an adventure in which Captain America saved over 1000 men "including one who wold eventually become my husband. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life."
    The easy explanation to that is she lied and Cap took on a different identity as a WWII veteran. Easy, peasy—especially for someone who works as one of the directors of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So it seems clear at this point that the new streaming shows will be dealing with the aftermath of all this. I'm trying to think of the main points of some of the future projects:

- Hawkeye show: No idea. I guess he won't be retired though? Maybe his daughter takes over?

- WandaVision: Thinking this is the quest to get Vision back

- Bucky and Falcon: Exonerated soldiers?

- Doctor Strange 2: This seems easy. Just dealing with another big bad from his comics history.

- Guardians 3: Thor is now around. Probably looking for Gamora. What about Adam Warlock though?

- Black Widow movie: Should be a prequel

- Spiderman Far From Home: Trailer already out, but they really need to address the 5 year gap thing. Not just with Peter, but with the planet.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-24-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    So it seems clear at this point that the new streaming shows will be dealing with the aftermath of all this. I'm trying to think of the main points of some of the future projects:

- Hawkeye show: No idea. I guess he won't be retired though?

- WandaVision: Thinking this is the quest to get vision back

- Bucky and Falcon: Exonerated soldiers?

- Doctor Strange 2: This seems easy. Just dealing with another big bad from his comics history

- Guardians 3: Thor is now around. Probably looking for Gamora. What about Adam Strange though?

- Black Widow movie: Should be a prequel

- Spiderman Far From Home: Trailer already out, but they really need to address the 5 year gap thing. Not just with Peter, but with the planet.
    I’m wondering if the wanda show is going to be a dark version where she recreates vision and her family. And adam strange is dc, not marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Since he wasn't killed with the Stones, he stays dead.
    Oh. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m wondering if the wanda show is going to be a dark version where she recreates vision and her family. And adam strange is dc, not marvel.
    Oh yeah. I meant Adam Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Oh. Thanks anyway.
    He's getting his own show on Disney+ though. So he will be back.

He does "survive" in Endgame actually via the space gem during the time heist operation by the Avengers. That will probably kick off his series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by moneymen View Post
    THE 5 years thing makes no sense at all. This film is not written well.
    It'll still be a box office smash, even if it turns out to be rubbish. Marvel can do no wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    It'll still be a box office smash, even if it turns out to be rubbish. Marvel can do no wrong.
    They're banking on the emotions of the audience to carry this and it's working judging from many of the professional and fanboy reviews \

Not saying that's good or bad, just what reddit is complaining about seems to be being ignored
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-24-2019 at 08:40 AM.

The person you quoted made a strange comment. She is barely in the film, and there really isn't any point where she would be deemed as "unlikable". I don't see how you could watch this film, and come way with that impression. She's just there for muscle, and that's it. She doesn't really have any interactions with anyone else that could be described as a conflict.
    I stand firmly behind my opinion. She was barely in the movie and was only used as a deus ex machina of sorts and was glorified muscle. The few scenes she had were literally nothing but "You have me, so there is nothing to worry about". That is an extremely underwritten, underdeveloped and unlikable character to me. Her confidence came off as arrogance (she suffered from this in her own film, as well) and characters like Rhodey and Natasha didn't exactly give the impression that they liked her attitude either. Natasha even has to tell her that the way they do things around here is as a team.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 04-24-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I stand firmly behind my opinion. She was barely in the movie and was only used as a deus ex machina of sorts and was glorified muscle. The few scenes she had were literally nothing but "You have me, so there is nothing to worry about". That is an extremely underwritten, underdeveloped and unlikable character to me. Her confidence came off as arrogance and characters like Rhodey and Natasha didn't exactly give the impression that they liked her attitude either. Natasha even has to tell her that the way they do things around here is as a team.
    I just took her for being confident in a serious situation. She wasn't belittling anyone. I don't see what you're seeing at all. She's not an Avenger either. She's not obligated to "learn the ropes". She was summoned for help, and she's doing what she knows, how she knows. She's been doing this longer than they have.

Yeah, this isn't going to be an issue for the majority of people. I mean, she's barely in the film.

That would be like saying Thor was unlikable the first couple of movies. He was way more arrogant.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 04-24-2019 at 09:10 AM.

I just took her for being confident in a serious situation. She wasn't belittling anyone. I don't see what you're seeing at all. She's not an Avenger either. She's not obligated to "learn the ropes". She was summoned for help, and she's doing what she knows, how she knows. She's been doing this longer than they have.

Yeah, this isn't going to be an issue for the majority of people. I mean, she's barely in the film.
    If people, including you have a different takeaway that's fantastic. I am happy if people walk away from this and end up liking Captain Marvel even more. But I, personally, do not like Carol Danvers as she has appeared in her origin movie or Endgame. And that is not Brie Larson's fault. She is an incredibly talented actress. but this character is just not my cup of tea.

Thor was unlikable in the movies because of his arrogance. Him learning humility was basically the moral and driving plot point of the entire first movie.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 04-24-2019 at 09:17 AM.