View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    You didn’t ask a question. At least, not in the post I originally quoted from you.
    Go back and read carefully.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-06-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Because it’s a thread about a possible $3 billion box office result

Great answer, thank you

Don’t get offended over nothing, I’m just asking a question
    Again you came into a threatd of people discussing the movie making billion and dismissed it because it's not gonna change anyone heres life. If I go look through your post history on here how many of them are on things that changed your life? Just seemed like a silly thing to say

I think it will especially after the good word of mouth.

BANNED

Go back and read carefully.
    I don’t care if it makes $1.00 or $3billion, it’s not going to change my life.
    Nope. No questions.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? I don't think anyone denying that the paint job is good. The "problem" is that the car itself isn't that well made and no amount of paint can fix that.

Given how the original movie kinda proved to be a flash in the pan, I think that it'll need a good marketing campaign to make the case why we should see these movies. Cameron's name could sell it, too, I think.
    That is the problem you and some others don't understand that that paint job is the big show. You are looking at the car going that car isn't practical to drive and every day when the car is just supposed to look pretty at the show. Which bring us back the statement if you have not seen Avatar in its native format you can't make a real assessment of it. Avatar wasn't built for a home experience it was 2 hour 42 min theater amusement ride. Avatar has already proven that the story is secondary to the visual experience and it can be successful that way. Avengers and most movies goal is to get the most amount of people to see the movie multiple times. Avatar goal is to get most people who see it in the most expensive format possible because they are maxing out the potential of the tech.

Having a good story would help BUT most people going to see Avatar will be seeing because the world and 3D is amazing. Avatar can get people to watch a movie 1 or 2 times just for visuals nothing to do with the story as if they are on a virtual safari. People who don't understand this will think it is just a flash in the pan. People may not like visual over story but the same way you watch a movie a couple times to digest the story is the same way other people watch Avatar multiple times to digest the visuals details that are interesting. Since Avatar only Gravity has really try to this as a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Art has no objective merit. If it doesn't have any objective merit, then how can you say it's overrated/underrated?
    Very easy if I think it's overrated in my opinion it's true now you may think I'm wrong it doesn't mean I'm wrong it allso doesn't mean you're wrong it just means we have different options.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is the problem you and some others don't understand that that paint job is the big show. You are looking at the car going that car isn't practical to drive and every day when the car is just supposed to look pretty at the show. Which bring us back the statement if you have not seen Avatar in its native format you can't make a real assessment of it. Avatar wasn't built for a home experience it was 2 hour 42 min theater amusement ride. Avatar has already proven that the story is secondary to the visual experience and it can be successful that way. Avengers and most movies goal is to get the most amount of people to see the movie multiple times. Avatar goal is to get most people who see it in the most expensive format possible because they are maxing out the potential of the tech.

Having a good story would help BUT most people going to see Avatar will be seeing because the world and 3D is amazing. Avatar can get people to watch a movie 1 or 2 times just for visuals nothing to do with the story as if they are on a virtual safari. People who don't understand this will think it is just a flash in the pan. People may not like visual over story but the same way you watch a movie a couple times to digest the story is the same way other people watch Avatar multiple times to digest the visuals details that are interesting. Since Avatar only Gravity has really try to this as a movie.
    This comment resonated more with me than I thought it would.

There are lots of programs that I liked at first until I realized they made no sense.

It doesn’t help that most people seem to be talking about “Endgame” fo the hype moments. They’re good on their own but the movie might as well have been 20 minutes if that was all there was to it.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Very easy if I think it's overrated in my opinion it's true now you may think I'm wrong it doesn't mean I'm wrong it allso doesn't mean you're wrong it just means we have different options.
    It's an individual's opinion and that's exactly why the terms are meaningless. People don't ever rate art the same. Some people will rate it 8/10, some 9/10, some 10/10 and some say it's not a good movie at all. Now tell me, who is underrating here and who is overrating?

It's an individual's opinion and that's exactly why the terms are meaningless. People don't ever rate art the same. Some people will rate it 8/10, some 9/10, some 10/10 and some say it's not a good movie at all. Now tell me, who is underrating here and who is overrating?
    That doesn't really matter your opinion maybe meaningless to other people but not all people and it's definitely not meaningless to you therfor
    A person's opinion is never really meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That doesn't really matter your opinion maybe meaningless to other people but not all people and it's definitely not meaningless to you therfor
    A person's opinion is never really meaningless.
    I'm not saying your opinion is meaningless, I'm saying the terms overrated and underrated are meaningless.

I'm not saying your opinion is meaningless, I'm saying the terms overrated and underrated are meaningless.
    That's just another kinda opinion tho. But whatever agree to disagree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Nope. No questions.
    Ok I’m done, because you know what question I’m talking about, but it ok that you don’t want to answer

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    It's not about convincing you the movie was good, it's about explaining why that particular movie made a lot of money. If you havent seen it in 3D then you have no idea why it was successful.
    Or course I understand why it was successful. That’s a silly thing to say. My entire point is that it wasn’t a movie I was ever going to like regardless of how I watched it. I said right up front it was a personal opinion. I was couching my actual reason but here goes.

I thought it was offensive nonsense with a thin veneer of science fiction to hide the inherent colonial supremacist outlook, but I am willing to assume the writers didn’t understand why it is so problematic and didn’t mean to be quite so offensive. How could seeing it in all its glory convince me that it was so pretty it was worth overlooking my distaste for colonialist narratives?

Like I said right from the start. I get it. It’s pretty. A slap in the face from a pretty looking glove is still a slap in the face.

And so I would be pleased to see it knocked from its perch.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I thought it was offensive nonsense with a thin veneer of science fiction to hide the inherent colonial supremacist outlook,
    Exactly this. It had all of the offensiveNess of Starship Troopers and none of the fun. I did happen to see it in 3D and the experience left me in a fuming rage for hours.

BANNED

Avatar's story is really just a symptom of deeper issues in the film industry though, where any movie that casts white people as the villains also needs a white protagonist as a heroic counterpart to be palatable to white audiences. I mean, for all that talk about Black Panther being a black empowerment story, at the end of the day all of the bad guys were black while the CIA dude was on the side of the good guys, reminding all the white viewers that hey, they're part of the solution and not part of the problem!