Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    It depends on what you see as good villains. I don't consider most of them on that list great villains.
    Why's that?

It is true that when Disney steeped in Marvel movies filmmaking approach began to deteriorate more with the humor and lighthearted stories. I have no doubt in my mind MCU movies all turning into comedy is because of Disney, many other Disney movies are just the same.
    Funny, I don't recall either Infinity War or Endgame being comedies.

Spiderman is not a Pixar character.

I don't think you ever understood what I meant by that analogy in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    ...I have yet to find an article concerning the fact that the Ant-Man franchise has effectively been cancelled. This is a franchise that grossed over a billion dollars and have high Rotten Tomato scores yet its death has seemingly gone unnoticed by the MCU fandom as a whole and pop culture media....No doubt MCU apologist are already are going to respond by saying that the Ant-Man franchise was the weakest link in the MCU chain (which it isn't, Hulk is), but I don't think the Dr. Strange franchise is any better, as its getting a sequel 5 years after the original and I don't think there was much of a groundswell for another one. Individually too, most MCU films are treated with the same indifference as Ant-Man.
    Hey, as member of the fandom, I'm honestly annoyed that the Ant-Man movies aren't getting another installment. While Endgame did give that sub-franchise enough closure (Ant-Man reunited with his family) if it ends there, that was one of the primary franchises I wanted to see the MCU carry forward (esp. now with Cassie old enough that she could play a bigger role in the stories). Heck, the only stuff from the recent announcement I'm really looking forward to are the Black Widow and Thor movies.

Still I can kinda see the point that the MCU has an embarrassment of riches in regards to their properties and no doubt a lot of the ones that are ending for whatever reason could still carry on had the brass decided differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    People watched Ant-Man because Paul Rudd was in it. People love that guy like they love Ryan Reynolds.
    Yeah, the actors were one of the strong points of those movies. (Actually, the actors/characters and size-changing gimmicks were that movie series secret weapons.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    You really are hating the MCU for the sake of hating. But that's okay, freedom to hate whatever you choose to should be allowed to a certain extent.
    Nah, I dislike the MCU because they're bad/mediocre films.

But in the case of the MCU, Disney's M.O. is to farm out as many IP's as possible. Too many options means a lot of franchises are going to be left out in the dust. Disney is all about moving forward and will leave a hot IP to venture on a new one. They've done this many times with their animated movies and will do so with a lot of Marvel movies even though several sequels could be made. Every new IP that gets introduced onscreen means more merch. Why continue with one and there are hundreds in the vault?

That's the bad thing about Disney taking over. Why bother extending a franchise beyond a certain amount of films when they can tap onto the next IP and make more revenue thru merch?
    I don't know why people are coming away from my comment thinking its about Disney cancelling the Ant-Man franchise. Its about the nearly non-existent response by MCU fans and the pop media about the cancellation. Why hasn't a Marvel representative been asked about Ant-Man's absence during SDCC? Why hasn't there been a groundswell from the MCU community petitioning Marvel as to the fate of this franchise?

Franchises with fanbases will normally cause an up roar when something like this occurs, but Ant-Man doesn't have a fanbase. Few apparently care for the Ant-Man franchise or the individual films. They were mediocre, wastes of time and I'm not the one saying this, MCU fans, as demonstrated by their apathy towards the franchises apparent cancellation, are the one's saying this.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why's that?

MCU villains don't frighten me. They never come off as a serious threat that destroys the entertaining factor. Watching Endgame, I am thinking where are the evil androids, were are the evil sentinels , where are the evil amazons? it makes you beg for time travel.

Funny, I don't recall either Infinity War or Endgame being comedies.
    IW could have done without the GOTG crew. Fat Thor was a main sore spot in Endgame that is hard to erase. Endgame is hardly a great time travel movie. IW is a movie you either like or dislike. it more about the spectacle action than the story. I would still choose Winter Solider over the 2 films.

[QUOTE]
    I don't think you ever understood what I meant by that analogy in the first place.
    Spiderman has more adult real life flawed issues his deals with on a daily basis. Pixar characters are not trying to be anything else but entertaining to parents who take their kids to watch movies. I am beginning to find this theory that Spiderman is a pixar character a little embarrassing for Spiderman.

Miles Morales from spiderverse wasn't acting like a pixar character. He was the main kid in a film that Peter Parker was a divorced overweight grown up adult in a supporting role. Its one of the few good points Holland's Spiderman movies continues to look bad/mediocre to Spiderverse.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-23-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Nah, I dislike the MCU because they're bad/mediocre films.

I don't know why people are coming away from my comment thinking its about Disney cancelling the Ant-Man franchise. Its about the nearly non-existent response by MCU fans and the pop media about the cancellation. Why hasn't a Marvel representative been asked about Ant-Man's absence during SDCC? Why hasn't there been a groundswell from the MCU community petitioning Marvel as to the fate of this franchise?

Franchises with fanbases will normally cause an up roar when something like this occurs, but Ant-Man doesn't have a fanbase. Few apparently care for the Ant-Man franchise or the individual films. They were mediocre, wastes of time and I'm not the one saying this, MCU fans, as demonstrated by their apathy towards the franchises apparent cancellation, are the one's saying this.
    Has Ant-man been cancelled?

I didn't hear about it.

How are we, my self included, all so accepting for the unbearable humor of GOTG. GOTG comics are not mainly humor centered. It feels as if this is the infamous disney subconscious brainwashing in play. We don't want all MCU movies to be like GOTG, ''many'' disliked Thor 3 for that only but why are we not saying GOTG has too much humor too. The complete opposite of the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    People watched Ant-Man because Paul Rudd was in it. People love that guy like they love Ryan Reynolds.
    I'm guessing there's more people who (like me) watched it because it was part of the MCU. Paul Rudd's ok, but if anything, Evangeline Lilly would've been more of a pull, if needed. Ryan Reynolds on the other hand I always found kind of repulsive, for someone passing of as handsome, that is (which is why I think he's a perfect fit for Deadpool).

MCU villains don't frighten me. They never come off as a serious threat that destroys the entertaining factor.
    Okay, if you didn't find Thanos a threat, I don't know what to tell you. However, I will take a well-rounded villain over one who's flatter, but more "threatening" any day; the former holds up better over time.

Watching Endgame, I am thinking where are the evil androids, were are the evil sentinels , where are the evil amazons? it makes you beg for time travel.
    So, it wasn't that Endgame was a bad time travel movie, it's just that it wasn't the pulpy melodrama you wanted it to be?

IW could have done without the GOTG crew.
    I don't know, once Thanos was involved, you kinda needed them. It also helps show the stakes, since its everyone's problem and all that.

Fat Thor was a main sore spot in Endgame that is hard to erase.
    It made sense in context and was more then just a joke.

Endgame is hardly a great time travel movie. IW is a movie you either like or dislike.
    Whatever you say, man.

it more about the spectacle action than the story.
    Funny thing about the MCU, they always tie the two together.

I would still choose Winter Solider over the 2 films.
    I do like that one better, too, but they are different movies.

Spiderman has more adult real life flawed issues his deals with on a daily basis. Pixar characters are not trying to be anything else but entertaining to parents who take their kids to watch movies. I am beginning to find this theory that Spiderman is a pixar character a little embarrassing for Spiderman.

Miles Morales from spiderverse wasn't acting like a pixar character. He was the main kid in a film that Peter Parker was a divorced overweight grown up adult in a supporting role. Its one of the few good points Holland's Spiderman movies continues to look bad/mediocre to Spiderverse.
    You really don't get Pixar at all, do you? And, as far as the MCU Spidey movies, I have to say that there's no common ground to be found.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Has Ant-man been cancelled?
    Ant-Man 3 wasn't announced during SDCC, even though sequels to Dr. Strange, Thor, Captain Marvel and Black Panther were. Its not definitive proof the franchise is cancelled, but big corporations rarely come out and say projects are dead.

I didn't hear about it.
    Exactly

I'm so lost Black Panther 2, GOTG vol 3 would be on deck before Antman 3 and they havent announced release date for those either. Why are people saying antmans cancelled? Dr Strange coming in what 2021? That's 5 year gap Antman and the wasp came out last year after Infinty war. They got plenty of time to do Antman 3. Unless there was some cancellation announcement I didnt hear about.

BANNED

How are we, my self included, all so accepting for the unbearable humor of GOTG. GOTG comics are not mainly humor centered. It feels as if this is the infamous disney subconscious brainwashing in play. We don't want all MCU movies to be like GOTG, ''many'' disliked Thor 3 for that only but why are we not saying GOTG has too much humor too. The complete opposite of the comics.
    Unfortunately, this it the reality of the MCU. All the movies are all the same. It’s assembly line and tract housing movie making. Making everything the same means they can make more movies faster. People I know only like the MCU because of its universe and continuity, not for the individual heroes and movies. The perfect example of this is Far From Home. It should have been a sequel to Homecoming, but instead we get a sequel to Endgame. The movie is more about Tony Stark than it is Peter Parker.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-24-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Unfortunately, this it the reality of the MCU. All the movies are all the same. It’s assembly line and tract housing movie making. Making everything the same means they can make more movies faster. People I know only like the MCU because of its universe and continuity, not for the individual heroes and movies. The perfect example of this is Far From Home. It should have been a sequel to Homecoming, but instead we get a sequel to Endgame. The movie is more about Tonk Stark than it is Peter Parker.
    I don't think it's entirely fair to say that though. Winter Soldier is a very different movie from Thor Ragnorok. Ant-Man is a very different movie than Dr. Strange. Yes, they exist in a universe with shared continuity and yes there are certain elements like humor which stem across the board. But different directors still do have their own unique voices and that does come through in the film. Despite being in a shared universe, a Coogler film likely will not be confused with a Waititi film.

Extraordinary Member

The problem with Thor Ragnorock isn't that it has too much humor, it's that it put the death of Odin and the destruction of Asgard in a Mel Brooks parody, and it completely failed to find any balance killing the emotional scenes. The Guardians of the Galaxy movies managed to make the emotional moments hit home despite their humor. The opening scene of Guardians 1 and Yondu's death in Guardians 2 always get me, whereas when Odin died all I could think was 'why the heck don't I care?'

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm so lost Black Panther 2, GOTG vol 3 would be on deck before Antman 3 and they havent announced release date for those either. Why are people saying antmans cancelled? Dr Strange coming in what 2021? That's 5 year gap Antman and the wasp came out last year after Infinty war. They got plenty of time to do Antman 3. Unless there was some cancellation announcement I didnt hear about.
    Captain Marvel came out after Ant-Man 2, as well as this year too, and they confirmed a sequel for that film at this event. If you need someone at Disney to come out say the franchise is cancelled, well, corporations just do not behave like that.

Just to reiterate, whether Ant-Man 3 is cancelled or gets announced later, my argument still stands (that few actually care for the Ant-Man franchise despite being a billion dollar franchise and that this is reflective of the MCU as a whole). In fact, I'd love it if Ant-Man 3 gets announced so I can hear the internet shudder collectively, "Meh."
    Last edited by Pinsir; 07-24-2019 at 03:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You know the answer to that though. It's probably best to quit this thread, let the haters hate and have their opinion. The rest of us don't have to apologize what we and hundreds of millions of others enjoy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it's entirely fair to say that though. Winter Soldier is a very different movie from Thor Ragnorok. Ant-Man is a very different movie than Dr. Strange. Yes, they exist in a universe with shared continuity and yes there are certain elements like humor which stem across the board. But different directors still do have their own unique voices and that does come through in the film. Despite being in a shared universe, a Coogler film likely will not be confused with a Waititi film.
    Okay I over spoke, every MCU movie is not the same, but for the most part they are the same, only about three or four are different.