Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Red 9
    Geiger
    Butterball
    Batwing

BANNED

West Coast Avengers #46 Jul 1989
    "Franchise" First appearance of the Great Lakes Avengers Big Bertha, Dinah Soar, Doorman, Flatman and Mr. Immortal.
    When Hawkeye learns that somebody is using the Avengers name without permission,

he and Mockingbird go to investigate!

Story by John Byrne. Art by John Byrne and Mike Machlan.

BANNED

Machine Man #10 Aug 1979
    "Renewal"
    Continued from Incredible Hulk #237.

During a repair process by Dr. Broadhurst, Machine Man is "downgraded, losing several of his more advanced abilities.

This is explained by Broadhurst that as an experimental model, his systems would
    eventually break down due to the exertion his abilities place on his core systems.

Written by Marv Wolfman. Art by Steve Ditko.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Red 9
    Geiger
    Butterball
    Batwing
    Ooh, definitely Butterball! I always love people with only a single super-power, who kind of have to make do in a world where many other heroes have their power, and a bunch of other stuff, because they won the super-power lottery. Invulnerable heroes like Butterball, Diamond Lil and Omerta / Pauli Provenzano (or Laurel Kent, over at the other company) are totally a fave.

I read the Initiative stuff, but I have no clue what powers Red Nine even has... He seemed neat, although his costume was a little too much like Hardball's, IMO.

To start I'd go with The Ringmaster from Hulk's rogues. The only Hulk enemies I really hear about are the army or the government.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    To start I'd go with The Ringmaster from Hulk's rogues. The only Hulk enemies I really hear about are the army or the government.
    Hulk adversaries who aren't the US govt/military, or fellow Gamma-mutates, such as Tyrannus or Moonstone, are definitely my favorites (particularly if they aren't necessarily big bruisers, as it makes for a cooler visual, IMO, than just to have two hyperthyroid meatslabs smacking each other for a dozen pages, not that I don't like the occasional Hulk / Mr. Hyde matchup...).

BANNED

Machine Man #11 Oct 1979
    "Byte of the Binary Bug"
    Machine Man and Peter Spaulding go to visit Byron J. Benjamin in the hopes of gaining MM some gainful employment.
    However, they find a villain known as the Binary Bug attempting to steal bonds from Benjamin's safe.
    Machine Man prevents him from stealing the valuables, but the villain gets away.
    Grateful for his efforts, Benjamin offers him a position as an insurance investigator for Delmar Insurance.

Delmar's last investigator, Joseph Rambo was fired for tampering with policy files.
    He has since hired the Tinkerer to design him some technological hardware
    so that he may gain revenge upon Delmar as the Binary Bug.

Machine Man discovers that the Binary Bug is hacking into Delmar Insurance files to acquire
    details concerning clients' assets and then robbing those clients of those self same items.
    His goal is to not only acquire material wealth, but also to undermine the monetary success of his former employers at Delmar.
    One of the clients he attempts to rob is Khan of Xanadu. Machine Man tracks the Bug into Khan’s dirigible.

Written by Marv Wolfman. Art by Steve Ditko.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 10-12-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Batwing
    Well, safe to say he's gone for good. DC have a Batwing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I was quite fond of Spellbinder, though it's unfortunate she wasn't featured more often after her 1988 series.

BANNED

I never heard of this marvel character thanks for making me aware Electricmastro

BANNED

Default Devil Dinosaur | Marvel 101

The mutated Devil Dinosaur hails from an alternate reality
    and is fiercely loyal to those he connects with - and a big problem for those who oppose him.

Incredible Member

Selah Burke, a.k.a. Sun Girl from the Chris Yost New Warriors run was a favorite of mine, and wouldn't mind getting some spotlight.

Two Hulk villains that were introduced in Peter David's legendary run on the Incredible mag that seem to have been left in the dust bin. Madman , who was also the brother of the arch-Hulk foe, the Leader. In his second appearance it was reveled he had weird stalker vibe going with Banner. Never followed up on. He did appear as one of the bosses in the 2003 HULK video game. Also last seen in Madman's second appearance, and a creation of his, Piecemeal.

BANNED

Machine Man #1 Oct 1984
    "He Lives Again!"
    Machine Man is found in the year 2020 by scavengers Brain, Slick, Hassle & Swift. He's promptly reassembled

and finds himself in a fight for their lives.

Script by Tom DeFalco, breakdowns by Herb Trimpe, finishes & colors by Barry Windsor-Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Machine Man #1 Oct 1984
    "He Lives Again!"
    Machine Man is found in the year 2020 by scavengers Brain, Slick, Hassle & Swift. He's promptly reassembled

and finds himself in a fight for their lives.

Script by Tom DeFalco, breakdowns by Herb Trimpe, finishes & colors by Barry Windsor-Smith.
    Awesome! It wasn't enough that they had Trimpe doing breakdowns, but then they add the artistry of BWS into the mix for a truly memorable experience. Without a doubt, Barry Windsor-Smith is a legend. Well done, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.

what happened to Josiah al hajj Saddiq (Earth-616)? He needs to show up again, either as Justice or just his own name, looking out for "The Mog" of Brooklyn.