Page 144 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3155

Okay, I can't actually find any evidence that Snyder is actually an Objectivist. He's not listed in the Wikipedia article on people influenced by Ayn Rand and when I looked for actual proof, all I see is a bunch of people dumping on Snyder for supposedly being an Objectivist... Is this seriously just a myth?
    Last edited by Pinsir; 02-17-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If I had to think of a sort of Trinity of composers, it would be Junkie, Ludwig Göransson, and probably Zimmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    For me the best film compasers are John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith. Zimmer is getting up there as a third one. I also really love Vangelis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Top 5 Film Score Composers for me are John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Alan Silvestri, and Danny Elfman.

With honorable mentions to Dr. Who's Murray Gold and DC Animated Movies Composer Christopher Drake.
    Willams is a master, no doubt there, and Zimmer, Goldsmith, Horner are among the good film composers I keep forgetting about.

I'd pick Williams, Michael Giacchino, and John Powell as my go-to for the best of the best.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Willams is a master, no doubt there, and Zimmer, Goldsmith, Horner are among the good film composers I keep forgetting about.

I'd pick Williams, Michael Giacchino, and John Powell as my go-to for the best of the best.
    Goldsmith is also a master like Williams. His scores are more iconic than those you mentioned.

No love for Basil Poledouris? I'd like to think in some alternate reality where DC made a Warlord movie in the 80's he would have killed the score.

Goldsmith is also a master like Williams. His scores are more iconic than those you mentioned.
    For some reason I get Tyler Bates and Brian Tyler mixed up, but those two, and Silvestri.

I will judge this movie on if it's good or bad. Not any personal issues with Snyder. Whatever those might, or might not be.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Okay, I can't actually find any evidence that Snyder is actually an Objectivist. He's not listed in the Wikipedia article on people influenced by Ayn Rand and when I looked for actual proof, all I see is a bunch of people dumping on Snyder for supposedly being an Objectivist... Is this seriously just a myth?
    https://www.thefilmagazine.com/man-o...porary-cinema/

I found a good 10+ essays about the connection when I googled it

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I will judge this movie on if it's good or bad. Not any personal issues with Snyder. Whatever those might, or might not be.
    I mean the "personal issues with Snyder" that people are accused of is not finding his films good. Any reasoning presented is accused of being bias

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    https://www.thefilmagazine.com/man-o...porary-cinema/

I found a good 10+ essays about the connection when I googled it
    The article you cited and all the others I've seen don't even feature a quote of Zack Snyder expressing that he's even read Ayn Rand, let alone is an Objectivist. I found an interview Snyder did that actually discusses Ayn Rand and his movie. You can find the full thing here, but the pertinent part is below;

Zack Snyder: “The Fountainhead… It’s still important to me, but it’s a really touchy subject right now. People will think it’s hardcore right wing propaganda, but I don’t view it like that. I just think the story is super fun and crazy and melodramatic about architecture and sex.” He added, “It’s about time we get a different president so we don’t take **** so seriously!”

He told me about a conversation he had had with a woman who wrote a book about Rand, and how the woman told him that during conservative regimes, Rand became very unpopular but during liberal regimes, she became popular again. “Not because they’re looking for it, or afraid of it, it’s because of the seriousness with which Rand is viewed varies in regime and power.”

Zack Snyder: “I think she’s incredible and insane and she’s always said story first, not regarding her politics. But it was easy for her to fall victim to her own popularity, and she drank her own Kool-Aid.” Snyder starts laughing. “She didn’t give a f---. If she was alive right now she would’ve fucking murdered Donald Trump. She didn’t even like Reagan! She thought he was a nationalist. But I’m rambling now, sorry!”
    So he seems to like the woman as a novelist and not for her philosophy.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

In the case of Goldsmith, I haven't heard as much of his work as other people's, so that may be a blind spot of mine. That said, I will argue that Giacchino has/is/will be/whatever remembered as the next John Williams. (I'd base that on his range of work and flexibility. Counterpoint how some composers, like Hans Zimmer, have a signature style that they do really well, but seems to pop up a lot in their work.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The article you cited and all the others I've seen don't even feature a quote of Zack Snyder expressing that he's even read Ayn Rand, let alone is an Objectivist.
    You think he said he wanted to make a movie out of one of her novels without having read it? That's what you're going with?

So he seems to like the woman as a novelist and not for her philosophy.
    Her novels can not be divorced from her philosophy. Not even in the typical way that one's philosophy permeates their fiction, too. The books don't just include but build to multipage essays where her characters expound upon her philosophies and are applauded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    You think he said he wanted to make a movie out of one of her novels without having read it? That's what you're going with?
    Wouldn't be the first time someone wanted to make a movie about a book they haven't read, but no, I'd guess that Snyder had read some of her work.

But more to the point, it is perfectly normal for human being to like certain elements of some philosophy, while discarding the rest. For example, I might like certain things about Christianity, but I'm not really a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time someone wanted to make a movie about a book they haven't read, but no, I'd guess that Snyder had read some of her work.

But more to the point, it is perfectly normal for human being to like certain elements of some philosophy, while discarding the rest. For example, I might like certain things about Christianity, but I'm not really a Christian.
    It might be perfectly normal, but it is not consistent with Snyder's work.

In the case of Goldsmith, I haven't heard as much of his work as other people's, so that may be a blind spot of mine. That said, I will argue that Giacchino has/is/will be/whatever remembered as the next John Williams. (I'd base that on his range of work and flexibility. Counterpoint how some composers, like Hans Zimmer, have a signature style that they do really well, but seems to pop up a lot in their work.)
    This is good intro to his best work.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...rry-goldsmith/

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No love for Basil Poledouris? I'd like to think in some alternate reality where DC made a Warlord movie in the 80's he would have killed the score.

I'm busy saving all of my love for Ry Cooder.

I don't see why Snyders political leanings matter. He's not out there preaching anything. Defiently things he's said that made me lose some respect for him but none of it is political. Looking forward to Army of the dead. Ima watch the Snydercut. Just don't know how fast ima get to it. Waiting for the **** show if Critics tear it apart like BvS. Hope not but it seems highly likely.