Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES
    whats crazy is most everyone think Thanos is such a great character and he vivisected his mother and killed half of the universe population!
    Exactly! I swear I've heard people say "well there's always ONE loser/embarrassment in the family" in regards to Eros and it's like . . . wow, if you think Eros is the failure in that family, I'm glad I don't know you in real life because you are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    They'll most likely pretend that it never happened, after all the good guys have done horrible things to each other since then, it's almost become a marvel tradition that their heroes are the worst of any bunch around, so date rape might rank low on the list, but for a company that's trying to push the women-friendly theme this is not a good guy to bring back. Also the way this author treated the Wasp, Wanda and Rogue doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
    As a woman I think Starfox is woman-friendly. That's the whole point, that's why I like him so much and that's why I get so defensive about him. He didn't do anything wrong. He could be LGBT+. He could be a really feminist character and already breaks a lot of the 'manliness' stereotypes anyway.

But this is all a setup for making him a popular character so they can maybe put him in the MCU. He's just such an easy connection to Thanos there, and since Drax has been shown to clearly not be from Earth in GotG you can't use Moondragon, so they're gonna make him likable even if that means a complete clean-slate reboot with a new look and everything.

Here, take some more pictures because I have them.

Glamour-Pants . . . is that an insult or a compliment?

Oh, another great thing about Eros is that invisible barriers are in his rogues gallery.

Also, his and Shulk's flirty banter throughout Stern's run is cute. It's post-hookup friendliness that isn't serious/romantic but isn't at all awkward. Like the sex was no big deal, and that's great. (That's woman-friendly.)

I don't care what anyone says, he's perfect
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 08-03-2014 at 03:34 PM.

BANNED

A lot depends on how many people stayed for the end of that She-Hulk storyline or remember the end of it. A lot of people bailed after the first issue where Jen tore the woman apart on the stand and then turned hypocrite and beat Eros up. If the next issue fixed it that's not the most famous issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    So Jerome Opena drew Starfox this past Valentine's Day. He posted a little video.

This is the picture. This is probably what he's gonna look like. He looks a bit grittier to me - Starfox with scruff? He almost looks a bit like Wolverine (but sexier, of course, as he must be). The little video is totally on-point, though: Opena's coloring in the heart with a pink crayon and Rick Astley is playing in the background.

What do you guys think of this look?
    That picture. Is. The. Sex. I like my men to look a little rumpled and like maybe they smell a little. It makes sense for Eros, given his hedonistic lifestyle, that he would look a little disheveled, maybe a little hungover, at all times. You know, generally rumpled. I approve.

Awwww
    I'm sure this is adorable and whatever but...dat ass tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    They'll most likely pretend that it never happened, after all the good guys have done horrible things to each other since then, it's almost become a marvel tradition that their heroes are the worst of any bunch around, so date rape might rank low on the list, but for a company that's trying to push the women-friendly theme this is not a good guy to bring back. Also the way this author treated the Wasp, Wanda and Rogue doesn't give me a lot of confidence.
    I can think of a dozen writers I would prefer to bring Starfox back over Remender. I want to be ok with it, since I assume they want to bring the character back for an eventual addition to the MCU and they want people to love him. All I can think of though, is how, when Uncanny Avengers started, he claimed that he was going to make Havok a beloved character, only to royally mess it up. Almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    That picture. Is. The. Sex. I like my men to look a little rumpled and like maybe they smell a little. It makes sense for Eros, given his hedonistic lifestyle, that he would look a little disheveled, maybe a little hungover, at all times. You know, generally rumpled. I approve.
    I won't deny that he's pretty sexy there, but I've always seen Eros as a bit more of the always-groomed, not a hair out of place kinda real pretty type, like a young Alain Delon, maybe? Or Prince. He is glamour-pants, after all.

It's entirely subjective, of course. Enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos
    I'm sure this is adorable and whatever but...dat ass tho.

Can't argue.

(P.S. I totally found a fix for the She-Hulk storyline canon reputation issue. Just have this scene happen and move on.)
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 08-03-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Hey starfox fans I have a question and hopefully someone here will know the answer. As a little kid I remember reading a starfox story where he was in a space bar filled with aliens and he got into a fight with a big blue alien character, I can't remember if he used his pleasure powers on him or just went with the usual comic book fisticuffs. I think it was a backup story in an annual or maybe in marvel comics presents, if anyone could answer this I would be mighty grateful. As a side note did anyone else think Eros would've been a good fit on DNa's guardians run?

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Hey starfox fans I have a question and hopefully someone here will know the answer. As a little kid I remember reading a starfox story where he was in a space bar filled with aliens and he got into a fight with a big blue alien character, I can't remember if he used his pleasure powers on him or just went with the usual comic book fisticuffs. I think it was a backup story in an annual or maybe in marvel comics presents, if anyone could answer this I would be mighty grateful. As a side note did anyone else think Eros would've been a good fit on DNa's guardians run?
    Silver Surfer Annual #4. It's a mini-story called "First Love" and it's my least favorite story with him in it. He's a complete d-bag in it and he falls in love "for the first time ever" (I guess Elysius doesn't count) with a rock. The art's decent, though.

Thank you sir

Astonishing Member

But if we pick up from where he is now, he doesn't have his pleasure power and everyone thinks he's just generally a douchey guy, right?
    Do you mean "everyone" in-story or do you mean the readers? In-story, no. It was proven that Eros was innocent, and that he was the victim of mental manipulation himself--so the other characters don't consider him douchey. As for the readers...sure, there are some who will always have that attitude. But, as this thread proves, there are plenty of people who love him as well. And surely plenty of people who fall somewhere between the two.

As for his powers...yes, last we knew they were gone. But they could be restored, either as a story point...or by Remender forgetting that they were removed in the first place.

That and where has he been all this time?
    Presumably on Titan--when not out travelling the universe in search of adventure and romance. Given Eros's established wanderlust, there is no real need to explain prolonged periods of absence for him.

I also wonder if it increases the chances of a return of Genis or Phyla or both. I absolutely loved his Captain Marvel v4 appearance (his most recent appearance prior to the She-Hulk appearance), because of the art and his relationship to his adoptive (I guess) children.
    I'd love to see both of them back, but I think Phyla has a better shot than Genis, due to Carol Danvers having the "Captain Marvel" title now (even thought Genis was "Photon" when last he appeared, people still tend to think of him as "Captain Marvel" since he's the son of the original).

So here, have some Herc and Eros moments.

This one cracks me up. Eros what are you doing shhhh
    I would not be surprised to learn at some point that Herc and Eros had some off-panel fling (or perhaps hooked up with a threesome with some other woman). After all, Herc's bisexuality has been confirmed on-panel, and Eros is probably pansexual...

I just imagine Herc's slap on the shoulder causing Eros to faceplant.
    This scene is actually another one that makes me wonder about Eros/Herc--since the wording on-panel is open to interpretation. Eros was inviting Wasp out for lunch, but gets turned down since she has other plans. Herc slaps him on the shoulder and says that he'll lunch with him--and Eros' thought bubble simply says "wonderful". One can assume that Eros meant that sarcastically...or that he is truly excited for lunch with Herc. Add to that the expression on Eros' face when he caught a glimpse of Hercules' full-frontal nudity in the previous issue....

This thread is awesome! I get to talk about Starfox all the time and post pictures this is great!
    I'm so glad that its getting such a good response. When I started the thread I was originally afraid I might be the only person posting in it. lol
    Last edited by Dermie; 08-05-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: fixing a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    As for his powers...yes, last we knew they were gone. But they could be restored, either as a story point...or by Remender forgetting that they were removed in the first place.
    Easily. It could be an interesting side-story at some point, actually. Maybe the real Thanos restored them during their once-a-year meetup (and probably killed that Thanosi). Maybe Eros didn't want them restored. Their relationship needs to be explored more: when it has been, it's been some of the best Eros stuff out there (I personally also think some of the best Thanos stuff but people's mileage regarding Thanos may vary).

Presumably on Titan--when not out travelling the universe in search of adventure and romance. Given Eros's established wanderlust, there is no real need to explain prolonged periods of absence for him.
    I want to give Eros some credit here and say that timeline-wise he's never really been out adventuring while Thanos has been alive. At least when there's actual trouble afoot, he is shown to get serious, so canonically speaking it shocks me he hasn't been around for any of the Thanos events.

When he joined the Avengers, Thanos was dead. When Nebula appeared, Eros suddenly became really serious (Avengers Annual #14 even has his teammates pointing out how intense he got and has that panel where Eros berates everyone for stopping to check out a recreational area), and he's chasing Nebula or is on Titan until Infinity Gauntlet happens, and then is on Titan after that. Solo Avengers #21, Marvel Comics Presents #22 and #65, the three other stories (besides the one with Pip the Troll) where he's gallivanting across the galaxy with Heater Delight, could take place at any time that Thanos or Nebula is not a threat.

I would not be surprised to learn at some point that Herc and Eros had some off-panel fling (or perhaps hooked up with a threesome with some other woman). After all, Herc's bisexuality has been confirmed on-panel, and Eros is probably pansexual...
    All I have to say is this

With Starfox, it only makes sense to assume that if there's a chance that it happened, then it totally happened. Firelord is a candidate, too, or at least Eros tried, based on how many times Eros asks him about his sex drive when they were traveling together. Miguel, of course; Tigra is highly likely - and let's not forget Triton.

(Homo)sexual innuendo is part of what makes Eros so spectacular and is probably the real reason why we love him

And there's so much more . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie
    I'm so glad that its getting such a good response. When I started the thread I was originally afraid I might be the only person posting in it. lol
    He's a character whose time has come - actually, whose time is long overdue. And he's one of the classic Avengers, anyway: What would the '80s Avengers have been like without him? I totally know like . . . 20 other people who absolutely adore Eros, too.

Granted, they'd not really known much about him until they met me. And I'd say out of that 20, more than 15 are women and we're all feminists, so it's safe to say that at the very least female fans don't find him creepy. (Not that anyone asks us - but that's a rant for a different thread.)

Besides, this thread is now sparing all of the other threads from my responses that 90% of the time are about Starfox. STARFOX!

What would the '80s Avengers have been like without him?
    Pretty much the same...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Pretty much the same...
    Right, except without the Nebula storyline, or the Vision takes over the Earth storyline? You know, the two that were recently released as TPBs?

Right, except without the Nebula storyline, or the Vision takes over the Earth storyline? You know, the two that were recently released as TPBs?
    They could replace him with Dr. Druid and get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    They could replace him with Dr. Druid and get the same result.
    I think you're in the wrong thread. But before you leave, since I distinctly remember a Cracked.com article that mentioned the two of them . . . would you like a reading list so you can read some of Starfox's stuff for yourself?
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 08-04-2014 at 02:14 PM.

mDBWHPP88PfUCK4P2gUNYiA.jpg

Anyone going to get this figure? Exclusive Thanos family set from SDCC

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I love the idea of a Herc/Starfox mini or One-shot. Loved their dynamic! Speaking of Herc - I miss him too and he needs to come back! And yes I think Eros is really quite attractive.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about the removal of the pleasure powers. On the one hand, I appreciate that Slott was trying to get rid of an aspect of the character that was being frequently misinterpreted in order to get rid of this "date rapist" image that some readers were determined to cast him in. However, I really liked the pleasure powers in that they were something very unique to Starfox, which made him stand out from the other strong-guys-who-fly, and I thought it was a rather positive thing that he was able to resolve conflict in a NON-violent manner sometimes.

Perhaps they can find some sort of middle ground, to bring the pleasure powers back, but have them be less subtle and more blatant--to get rid of the notion of him manipulating people without their knowledge. Perhaps they could bring back his pleasure zap as something similar to the power zap of Orgasmo (from that parody movie of a superhero who disables his enemies with a ray gun that gives them a burst of orgasmic pleasure).
    It seems to be a slippery slope with pleasure stimulation based characters. I remember Longshot getting similar reactions later and to a lesser extent Gambit as well. But not really Stacy X, though, she got flack for being a prostitute. I wonder if gender does play a role in how such powers are received by readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    mDBWHPP88PfUCK4P2gUNYiA.jpg

Anyone going to get this figure? Exclusive Thanos family set from SDCC
    Woah! They have a Star Fox figure? Too cool!

Re: Costume, I still like his old costume but I really wouldn't mind a more modern update with the same color scheme.

Recommendations anyone? I have only read Sterns run and Infinity Gauntlet and War - thats the extent of my exposure to the character, can anyone tell me what other stories he's been in? Or point me to an appearance list?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-04-2014 at 09:42 PM.