Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reis9999 View Post
    "Even hope decays"

Loved the issue, the stein twist fits with the narrative alo, Manhantan reaction of "joy" by learning new stuff while takin everything apart in the big battle was a nice concept
    I’m not sure if we can call the stein thing a twist though, feels more like a confirmation than anything.

Always Rakzo

Loved this one. Most of the issue was dedicated to the big fight with Doctor Manhattan but even then, Johns managed to include his classic references to the bigger DCU and his one-liners that describe the characters perfectly (Ollie's "None of you barking pundits are worth Superman's piss. Hell, you aren't worth mine!" is SO Ollie) and even the conflict against Manhattan is handled appropriately like the anticipated encounter with Captain Atom.

I don't know if I can take the Firestorm "retcon" seriously. It might be true or it might be a trick by Manhattan, I don't think things are quite clear.

Frank remains a master storyteller, everything is depicted perfectly. Another fantastic read.

Glad Diana finally appears!

Spectacular Member

Stein being involved in the Supermen Theory doesn't surprise me but I wonder if Manhattan might have orchestrated it in some way.

Not including the Trinity in the trip to Mars seems deliberate. We know Superman will face Manhattan but I wonder what Batman and Wonder Woman's role is.
    Last edited by JonaX; 03-06-2019 at 06:31 AM.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were caused by the removal of the Golden Age heroes. Without a history of super powered heroes, the government manufactured its own.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it were caused by the removal of the Golden Age heroes. Without a history of super powered heroes, the government manufactured its own.
    We’ve already had the JSA’s existence tied to the creation of the LSH so I can see another one of the side effects of their removal being the creation of the Superman Theory.

Amazing Member

when i say twist i'm thinking more about firestorm story in the DC as whole (a convoluted story but..).

Thinking only from D.C perspective i agree with you

Johns and Frank are firing on all cylinders. It's hard to take something most consider classic and untouchable like Watchmen and do it justice. It takes brass to try and even more brass to pull it off. So far they're doing it. Great job.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Really loved the Mars scenes, great art.

My LCS doesn't open for 71 minutes. Damn you all for teasing me like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Pretty awesome issue. It's a shame the book is taking so long to finish, thought.
    By the way, folks, when did issue #10 get bumped another week to April 10th?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, folks, when did issue #10 get bumped another week to April 10th?
    There's no way issue 10 is coming out in April. It'll get bumped to May at the least.

Ok, I know this is supposedly set not far in the near future, but if my Dad (Superman) is in a coma, I'm either there by his side or I'm after the SOB who put him in that state with the others. Where the f#%k is Jon Kent???

Spectacular Member

I think Batman suspects Ozymandias was the one behind the explosion and not Doctor Manhattan but I'm not sure how he plans to stop him.

Just a hunch but I wouldn't be shocked if Ozy leaked the Firestorm file to Black Adam, would give him a huge incentive to attack the UN.
    Last edited by JonaX; 03-06-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    There's no way issue 10 is coming out in April. It'll get bumped to May at the least.
    Oh, I'm expecting it to get pushed out still further than April 10th.

I'm not sure which is better for DC, though: just bumping the date a month (or so) and hoping that's enough time, or these smaller weekly bumps every week or two (Chinese water torture-style).