Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe. But it won't make sense unless she's also wearing it in the book that replaces the cancelled Titans comic (which I suspect will be a relaunched Titans Giant, the former Walmart-exclusive title).
    Seems like Donna is joining Justice League Oddessy instead of the next incarnation of the Titans.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Seems like Donna is joining Justice League Oddessy instead of the next incarnation of the Titans.
    What makes you think that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What makes you think that?
    Based on the preview,she's with Cyborg,Starfire and three Green Lanterns on a spaceship.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm not currently reading JLO but if that team becomes half Titans and half JL then that would be awesome.

Incredible Member

Based on the preview,she's with Cyborg,Starfire and three Green Lanterns on a spaceship.
    I wouldn't really base anything off that since, Jon is with the JL, Hal is a loner right now with Morrison, Guy is MIA, Jessica is the only GL that is present in Oddessy.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm not currently reading JLO but if that team becomes half Titans and half JL then that would be awesome.
    Honestly, JLO's roster has always struck me as a space Titans team.

I mean, Cyborg and Starfire are the most prominent members, their fighting Blackfire, and all the members are in the similar age range as the adult Titans when you think about it.

Well Abnett is now writing JLO so he might bring her there which is good or bad depending on if you liked his version of her character I guess. I'd rather see someone else write her, but her options are limited I suppose. Though I kind of don't expect the JLO book to be around for that long. They really botched it with all the delays and creative changes. It has been a bit of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well Abnett is now writing JLO so he might bring her there which is good or bad depending on if you liked his version of her character I guess. I'd rather see someone else write her, but her options are limited I suppose. Though I kind of don't expect the JLO book to be around for that long. They really botched it with all the delays and creative changes. It has been a bit of a mess.
    I still want to know what it was that caused such a delay and massive shift for the book that they had to re-draw the whole thing.

Like, that almost never happens. What was it that was so important that it effected the early issues so much?

Guess there's not much of a chance of finding the original Raven, Starfire and Cyborg, or some altered versions of them, drifting between mirror universes. I want them back.

When you consider, what WB has gained from this tie-in, we can't help wondering why it was ever done. What's especially infuriating about the tie-in, which isn't even a full tie-in, is that the editors didn't leave future writers a backdoor - the means to put things back, as they were, just in case the pseudo tie-in wasn't the most commercially successful comic book venture of all time. The casualties of editorially tying the Teen Titans cable cartoon to the comics and the collateral damage to the NTT characters is, in my eyes, unforgivable.

Unforgivable too strong, you say? Cyborg and Beast Boy should have been a spin-off comic from the Wolfman comics, but, thanks to the not-tie-in, ..that can't happen, now. Cyborg now has no history of being on the NTT team. For NTT fans, like myself, that's sacrilege. Tell X-men fans that, because of some silly cable TV cartoon, Storm was never an X-Men, and imagine the reaction.

As I said...sacrilege.

It seems we were completely disregarded and generally ..disrespected. We're lost. We're looking for something that feels like the old team, but not finding it, anywhere. The damage is done.

This thread is about Titans appreciation; I understand that. If you loved NTT, it's hard to express appreciation for a comic that's been as artistically and editorially mutilated, as NTT, ..without simultaneously expressing our grief and outrage. I've said my lot...

Done.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-05-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still want to know what it was that caused such a delay and massive shift for the book that they had to re-draw the whole thing.

Like, that almost never happens. What was it that was so important that it effected the early issues so much?
    No idea. I don't think any of the creators went into any detail about the delays. The most obvious thing would be Snyder's JL plans changed and that had a big effect on the original JLO story where they needed to scrap what they had and put in something to tie in with Snyder's JL down the line more. Just a really strange situation. The original writer only staying on for 5 issues clearly shows something big changed in the story.

Raven is quite easily explained, she was deaged (having previously aged faster than most people) when she came back in the 2003 Teen Titans series. She's been a teenager ever since.

Beast Boy needs to be aged up though. Starfire is meant to be in her early 20s now. Since Nightwing is too, there's no problem there. And Cyborg is clearly no longer a teenager. His origin in New 52 Justice League is surely now just a rebuild. Odyssey establishes that he has a prior relationship with Starfire, which is true for pre-Flashpoint as they both debuted in New Teen Titans in 1980, but not true in New 52. Vic's history has in fact been restored.

Speaking of Odyssey, yeah, that's not going to last much longer, Abnett is an old hand at space stories - he wrote Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova for Marvel - and is probably on Odyssey to wrap it up. Jessica Cruz is more likely to be on the next Titans team than having the other Green Lanterns join JLO.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Raven is quite easily explained, she was deaged (having previously aged faster than most people) when she came back in the 2003 Teen Titans series. She's been a teenager ever since.

Beast Boy needs to be aged up though. Starfire is meant to be in her early 20s now. Since Nightwing is too, there's no problem there. And Cyborg is clearly no longer a teenager. His origin in New 52 Justice League is surely now just a rebuild. Odyssey establishes that he has a prior relationship with Starfire, which is true for pre-Flashpoint as they both debuted in New Teen Titans in 1980, but not true in New 52. Vic's history has in fact been restored.

Speaking of Odyssey, yeah, that's not going to last much longer, Abnett is an old hand at space stories - he wrote Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova for Marvel - and is probably on Odyssey to wrap it up. Jessica Cruz is more likely to be on the next Titans team than having the other Green Lanterns join JLO.
    I want Beast Boy to stop being a bootleg Hulk before the writers age him up or do anything else with him.

I don't think Vic's history has been restored just because he and Starfire and friends now. I don't think it will be the case until we see Cyborg on some Titans team before he joined the JL, but I don't think DC is going to ever show that. It feels like they still want him to have been on the JL first.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think Vic's history has been restored just because he and Starfire and friends now. I don't think it will be the case until we see Cyborg on some Titans team before he joined the JL, but I don't think DC is going to ever show that. It feels like they still want him to have been on the JL first.
    They did already, in a story involving Wally West?
    I want Beast Boy to stop being a bootleg Hulk before the writers age him up or do anything else with him.
    That's ironic, as Amadeus Cho, formerly the Totally Awesome Hulk and now in a slimmer green form called Brawn, has been noted to look a lot like Beast Boy. Yeah, a Hulk is a Gar copy, according to some people. Beast Boy's current look has more in common with Hank McCoy (Beast) of the X-Men, to be honest.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-06-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They did already, in a story involving Wally West?
    Not to my knowledge. Everything I've seen has him joining the JL first still.