Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why not a Green Arrow Chronicles series?

Well, this is annoying. I see DC had printed a Showcase Presents: Green Arrow edition in the past, but it starts out with the Silver Age version from the 1950s.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Showcase_Pr..._Arrow_Vol_1_1

What about Green Arrow from the very beginning?

Can't we get a Green Arrow Chronicles series, starting with the character's Golden Age appearances?

BANNED

Maybe if GA's popularity continues to grow, we'll see that.

I'm fair sure they will do it at some point, DC probably just want to be sure people are going to buy it so they aren't waisting money.
    Straight Shot Mob

DC really doesn't care for their older material. I noticed when the New 52 started that they made bigger Archives, but the last archive came out in May.
    In my memories, the Great Console Wars dragged on like my own private Vietnam, and it didn’t help that I was still constantly in trouble at school and in and out of therapy at the time for anger, attention and authority issues.
    -Bob "MovieBob" Chipman, professional video game critic and journalist.

I would be nice. However when DC has't even bothered to reprint The wonder Years (Mike Greel origin story) or Mike Barr Miniseries has the origin stories in flashback but not directly an origin story when there are on many top ten GA stroies I have little faith in a GA Chronicle series. Heck even Quiver by Kevin Smith is OOP and will only be release as an absolute edition for about 70+ bucks next year. DC don't seem to be that interested in pushing for GA releases in an affordable way even though GA now has a TV show in their 3 season. Yes the second volume for Mike Grell's run is out. But DC could do a lot better to push for character there has a TV show at the moment.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 10-14-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    I would be nice. However when DC has't even bothered to reprint The wonder Years (Mike Greel origin story) or Mike Barr Miniseries has the origin stories in flashback but not directly an origin story when there are on many top ten GA stroies I have little faith in a GA Chronicle series. Heck even Quiver by Kevin Smith is OOP and will only be release as an absolute edition for about 40 bucks next year. DC don't seem to be that interested in pushing for GA releases in an affordable way even though GA now has a TV show in their 3 season. Yes the second volume for Mike Grell's run is out. But DC could do a lot better to push for character there has a TV show at the moment.
    Kevin Smith's run will be in a deluxe edition.
    But yeah, the Mike Grell collections are weird. Small trades that barely come out - at this rate they'll be done with them in 15 years.
    BB

The most likely reason is restoration. The Chronicles exist because of the restoration already done for the Archives. The Green Arrow stories haven't been reprinted in that line yet, so they haven't been restored.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Kevin Smith's run will be in a deluxe edition.
    But yeah, the Mike Grell collections are weird. Small trades that barely come out - at this rate they'll be done with them in 15 years.
    No it isn't. That got cancelled for the $70+ Absolute no one wants
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    No it isn't. That got cancelled for the $70+ Absolute no one wants
    *googles*
    Wtf?!
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    The most likely reason is restoration. The Chronicles exist because of the restoration already done for the Archives. The Green Arrow stories haven't been reprinted in that line yet, so they haven't been restored.
    How necessary is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    *googles*
    Wtf?!
    It is ridiculous. DC should have gone for a normal TPB solution at let people read the it. It has been OOP for years know.

Unless you want to buy a trade looking like a seventy year old issue you just picked up at a show, it's necessary. If it's reprinted, it's been restored. This is the primary reason we don't see more collections from DC or Marvel of Golden Age material, although the low sales of this material on its own doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Unless you want to buy a trade looking like a seventy year old issue you just picked up at a show, it's necessary. If it's reprinted, it's been restored. This is the primary reason we don't see more collections from DC or Marvel of Golden Age material, although the low sales of this material on its own doesn't help.
    I thought they had the old prints and stuff. At least Marvel has it for their silver age. If DC kept their chronicles line in print then it could get a following. But it seems kind of silly to print a volume five of Flash if volume one is OOP. Give people a chance to get those stories over time. There a inexpensive and overtime more people will probably get in to them.

I thought they had the old prints and stuff. At least Marvel has it for their silver age. If DC kept their chronicles line in print then it could get a following. But it seems kind of silly to print a volume five of Flash if volume one is OOP. Give people a chance to get those stories over time. There a inexpensive and overtime more people will probably get in to them.
    Depends on how well they sold as tpb collections in the first place. I don't know how big the demands were for those first volumes of Flash and Wonder Woman Chronicles, so TPTB may not have seen justification for going back to press with further runs. (That could change in Flash's case with the TV show now on, but maybe not.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Depends on how well they sold as tpb collections in the first place. I don't know how big the demands were for those first volumes of Flash and Wonder Woman Chronicles, so TPTB may not have seen justification for going back to press with further runs. (That could change in Flash's case with the TV show now on, but maybe not.)
    My point is that is will hard to sell later volumes if you don't reprint the old volumes.

My point is that is will hard to sell later volumes if you don't reprint the old volumes.
    But why print more copies of books that had lackluster sales? Once you have your results in, should you keep grinding out stuff that wasn't selling very well?

And, by the way, you may notice that they don't seem to be printing later volumes any more . . . probably still waiting to see how long before those additional volumes finally are gone.