Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Farouk should get killed, and resurrected as a younger person and love interest for Malice.
    Did anyone ever imagine that in 2021 , both of them would actually become regular cast members of the XBooks and NOT be “villains”? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Did anyone ever imagine that in 2021 , both of them would actually become regular cast members of the XBooks and NOT be “villains”? LOL
    Are they regulars tho?
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

I'm not excited for this issue.

Ayatal's New Mutants is just a little bit but not much better than Brisson's New Mutants which was extremely boring.

Give us a better writer please. I heard there's a new artist coming along by name of Alex Lins. Anybody has his arts?

Mighty Member

you're sitting alone on that island, ericng

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    No, I'm not. Show me the sales figure for the recent New Mutant issues if you don't believe.

It's definitely better than Brisson's awful run but not enough to generate a lot of interest.

Someone like Zeb Wells would be much better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    No, I'm not. Show me the sales figure for the recent New Mutant issues if you don't believe.

It's definitely better than Brisson's awful run but not enough to generate a lot of interest.

Someone like Zeb Wells would be much better.
    Last official numbers we got had it sitting with Marauders right by X-force. Which is the best of the era besides the actual X-title and Wolverine. Zeb Wells was never going to cause the numbers to rise higher. He's no where near prolific enough.

Mighty Member

Last official numbers we got had it sitting with Marauders right by X-force. Which is the best of the era besides the actual X-title and Wolverine. Zeb Wells was never going to cause the numbers to rise higher. He's no where near prolific enough.
    How many issues have been published so far?

New Mutants #14 (Dec 16, 20)

New Mutants #15 (Jan 27, 21)

New Mutants #16 (Feb 24, 21)

New Mutants #17 (Apr 28, 21)

With 3 issues published so far, it is pathetically slow and too early to tell whether it can make it.

Usually, the first 2 or 3 issues sell moderately well due to the novelty of a new writer/artist but then it dies off quickly if the writer is mediocre.

Marauders aren't really selling well by the way. The X-Men and X-Force have much better figures.

I will wait until it has reached at least 10 issues before seeing the sales figures.
    Last edited by ericng; 04-24-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Comichron hasn't put out any numbers in a while where are people pulling their guesstimates from now? It was silly then to talk about numbers and how a book was doing then with that resource there but it is even worse now.

If you are saying a book isn't selling well based on what? What are the numbers?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Eh, the title's not moving any needle for me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Eh, the title's not moving any needle for me.
    The low number of response to this preview thread show that people aren't really interested in Ayatal's writing.

The low number of response to this preview thread show that people aren't really interested in Ayatal's writing.
    You say this whenever a New Mutants preview drops, but where’s that energy when the actual issue drops?

Such a false equivalency. Have you noticed that SWORD and Hellions often have the lowest responses when an issue drops because people only have positive things to say or nothing to complain about. Also these forum’s are simply not representative of how successful a book is. Get a bigger sample size and come with some actual data before you claim that a writer needs to be fired because everyone has apparently lost interest.

Don't believe they still don't make comics to cater to the tastes of individual fans. Do Marvel editorial have any clue what they're doing at all when it comes to selling exactly one copy of each book?

Extraordinary Member

There's really not much to talk about here. 2 pages of Farouk talking to Rahne. We've already gone over 'Farouk is obviously up to something' and 'X character should know better' and there's nothing to add from this. When the issue comes out and we get to see the plotlines actually moving forward, with the group in Otherworld, the kids, the training, Gabby's story, pretty much anything Magik does, then there will be something to talk about.

I was hoping the Farouk plotline would be wrapped before the Hellfire Gala and that's why the series skipped last month, but from the July solicits we know that isn't the case. At least the kid lost in Otherworld plot will be resolved by then since Dani and Xian are attending and not still in Otherworld.

I'm not excited for this issue.

Ayatal's New Mutants.....?
    .... people aren't really interested in Ayatal's writing.
    Who is this Ayatal person?

Anyways, Vita Ayala is doing a tremendous job.