Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This issue felt weak brew to me.

I think the reason for the additional writer is obvious.

Someone told Spencer to pad out this Chameleon story, and Spencer was obviously struggling to swing it, so they called another writer to take him up on it.
    So did Marvel tell him to pad out Last Remains too and that's why Rosenberg came in?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I agree. It seems as the Spidey books have gotten lazier and more reliant on tired tropes in the last decade-plus, fans have also become more accepting as long as the story they're reading isn't quite as bad as OMD or something comparable. It's the law of lowered expectations. Spidey comics were once held to a high standard, but now we sigh in relief if they're better than average (or even just average). Many seem to think "well, at least it isn't Slott" instead of really being objective and honest about this run's shortcomings. I've long given up complaining about comic book resurrections. Death is meaningless in Marvel comics, which totally robs it of any gravitas or any dangerous situation of suspense. And yes, the unexplained coincidences have always been a lazy way to connect characters with other characters or subplots, but I think that's been a cliche even longer than the resurrections.
    I was one of those who said “At least it isn’t Slott” and for that reason gave Spencer a chance ( especially because of Superior Foes). Besides the points I have made before ( “Damsel In Distress” etc) there is another problem. Spencer’s run is absolutely humorless. Where are the Spider-Man quips? That was always something that I could look forward to ( especially when dealing with those like Fisk, Doom and Otto who are arrogant douche bags). I am not expecting Deadpool but can we have some fat comments about Fisk, or is Spencer so Politically Correct that he is afraid he will offend some overweight person in Nebraska?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh yeah he will be driven mad i guess by the end of this story arc wonder what his new goblin name will be?
    That is, assuming that this is actually Ned and not some trick. As Peter said, it just feels too good to be true, especially when the clone just died not too long ago. Though if it is truly Ned, that does raise an interesting question of if the clone also inherited the Goblin Serum or not. Also, if the baby will grow rapidly like with Sarah and Gabrial.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-09-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Mighty Member

Could it be another Kindred trick

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Probably more Kindred shenanigans. However, it was Foreigner who took him out, right? That guy popped up last issue. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved with helping Ned fake his death somehow. Or maybe Chameleon was involved to some degree given his proficiency with LMD's. Plenty of food for thought.
    An LMD that can impregnate a woman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So did Marvel tell him to pad out Last Remains too and that's why Rosenberg came in?
    Rosenberg wrote the ".LR" tie-in issues concentrating on the Order of the Web (if I'm not mistaken), so probably yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Rosenberg wrote the ".LR" tie-in issues concentrating on the Order of the Web (if I'm not mistaken), so probably yes.
    And unsurprisingly it was probably the least well received the run had been at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't moaned and groaned at the complete BS resurrection of Ned and his incredible luck of finding some of the Goblin formula whereas Kingsley had trouble finding the diaries of Norman. This Goblin serum healing factor is incredibly annoying.
    death has no meaning in comics I stop caring about the hows and why a person came back
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

death has no meaning in comics I stop caring about the hows and why a person came back
    Is anyone excited about them killing Dr. Strange off?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is anyone excited about them killing Dr. Strange off?
    They won't kill him off imo.Specially not with MoM around.They may retire him or maybe temporarily strand/"kill" him so that he can return with the hype for MoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They won't kill him off imo.Specially not with MoM around.They may retire him or maybe temporarily strand/"kill" him so that he can return with the hype for MoM.
    Yeah probably for a new number 1 like when Peter came back from Superior
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Yeah probably for a new number 1 like when Peter came back from Superior
    Something like that.It's just for marketing.

Fantastic Member

Kinda sus on Ned Leeds, esp since this series has made it explictly clear that the Reily clone batches from Clone Conspiracy were the real deal people revived, and not just imitations. We've got the homeless clone Ned who knew Betty was in danger, which Spencer reminded us of, just hoping it was via Kindred shenanigans and whatnot and we dont get a reveal that Ned is Chameleon, and Betty's kid is Chameleon's, coz that's all kinds of icky, but Ned is also wanting info on Parker's classmate, which Chameleon would know having monitored him through the tech suit.

Really hope I'm wrong here!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, yeah. I'm waiting to see how that turns out, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.