• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The Wolverine vs Sabertooth and Marvel Disk wars. Where i first thought she was calling Captain Marvel out by screaming "Thunder Thighs!!!"...lol
    Lolol she wouldn't have been wrong if she did. And the Wolverine vs Sabertooth one surprised me as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Rutina Wesley b. 020179
    Loved her in TruBlood. Would not cast her as Ororo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Loved her in TruBlood. Would not cast her as Ororo.
    Why not?
    10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Why not?
    10char
    She's too American.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    She's too American.
    Storm is American though. I hope that isn't the reason.

She's too American.
    It's a fair criticism. Rutina is furiously emotional, and can hold it in her eyes --similar to Angela Bassett. But Bassett can push all that fury into a curl of her lip and convert it into a laugh.

Both Halle Berry and Alexandra Shipp were cute. Neither portrayed Ororo Munro as much as women wearing Storm costumes. I guess the Naomi Campbell note was never given to them.

DC God's vs. Marvel God's

https://www.cbr.com/dc-vs-marvel-gods/

STORM VS. ISIS
    Some characters might not be literal gods, but their great power causes them to be worshipped as one. Storm, with her ability to control the weather, is worshipped as a god in her native Kenya, while Isis is considered to be a goddess of nature among her people in Kahndaq. Both have a deep connection to the natural world, and both have power far beyond those of mere mortals.

Considering her powers come from an actual god, Isis is likely more powerful than the mutant Storm, but Ororo is far more experienced and likely a much better fighter than Adrianna Tomaz. If Storm can somehow manage to defeat Wonder Woman, like she did in their battle from DC vs. Marvel in the ’90s, she would probably have an easier time beating Isis in this instance.

Why not?
    10char
    She's too American.
    Storm is American though. I hope that isn't the reason.
    Storm may technically be American by birth, but she's culturally more African, having been raised in Cairo and spending pubescence to young adulthood in Kenya. And she's a 5'11" supermodel/goddess. Rutina is great, but she's not that(neither were Halle or Alexandra, but they weren't great Storms either), plus she's getting on the older side, especially for a college-aged new to the X-Men Storm for the MCU. Lupita was the best mainstream Hollywood has to offer for Storm, but she's off the table(and on the old side for a rookie) since she's Nakia. I'd prefer a gorgeous newcomer from Eastern Africa(Kenya, Tanzania, Somalia, Sudan, or Ethiopia) to take the role. Tall, sharp facial features(cheekbones for days, hooded eyes), accurate accent, regal persona. Casting an unknown also allows the audience to see just Storm, instead of whoever else the actress has played.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Rutina is getting too old IMO. She's gonna be 40 next year and I think when it comes to casting the next crop of adult X-men, they should skew closer to 30 to ensure longevity in the roles. The MCU X-men likely wont start filming till sometime next year or even 2020 depending on when things get finalized

BANNED

DC God's vs. Marvel God's

https://www.cbr.com/dc-vs-marvel-gods/

STORM VS. ISIS
    Some characters might not be literal gods, but their great power causes them to be worshipped as one. Storm, with her ability to control the weather, is worshipped as a god in her native Kenya, while Isis is considered to be a goddess of nature among her people in Kahndaq. Both have a deep connection to the natural world, and both have power far beyond those of mere mortals.

Considering her powers come from an actual god, Isis is likely more powerful than the mutant Storm, but Ororo is far more experienced and likely a much better fighter than Adrianna Tomaz. If Storm can somehow manage to defeat Wonder Woman, like she did in their battle from DC vs. Marvel in the ’90s, she would probably have an easier time beating Isis in this instance.
    I love it!

More stunning Storm art from Jen's Instagram!

“I am the gathering tempest—I am the howling wind, the roar of the rain, the voice of THUNDER!”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post

“I am the gathering tempest—I am the howling wind, the roar of the rain, the voice of THUNDER!”
    Stunning!!! Really digging this outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post

Is it for her solo or just a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Annual Top 10 Marvel Characters Voting Thread.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3480788
    Thanks. I like these type of polls. Hopefully Storm does well if she isn’t #1 this time.

I am surprised more Storm fans have not yet placed there selections.

Y’all need to hurry up and vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rutina is getting too old IMO.
    Chadwick Boseman is 42, and black don't crack.

Tho, it were up to me, Ororo would be revealed as the pre-Wakandan identity of Angela Bassett's Ramonda. I'd get super effing meta and say that the Fox God made a bargain with the X-Men, that they'd lose their powers and identities in exchange for saving the Earth. Newly human Storm marries widowed single father Black Panther T'Chaka. Circumstances with Infinity War break the spell --and now Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine get together to rebuild the school.

Subsequent X-Men movies would be based around newer generations of X-Men, so we can leave the Phoenix, Cyclops and Magneto crap in the past.