7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Chadwick Boseman is 42, and black don't crack.

Tho, it were up to me, Ororo would be revealed as the pre-Wakandan identity of Angela Bassett's Ramonda. I'd get super effing meta and say that the Fox God made a bargain with the X-Men, that they'd lose their powers and identities in exchange for saving the Earth. Newly human Storm marries widowed single father Black Panther T'Chaka. Circumstances with Infinity War break the spell --and now Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine get together to rebuild the school.

Subsequent X-Men movies would be based around newer generations of X-Men, so we can leave the Phoenix, Cyclops and Magneto crap in the past.
    And to get even more meta, Angela Basset was originally offered the role of Storm before she turned down. If for some reason your idea ends up coming true it would be both super weird and super hilarious.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And to get even more meta, Angela Basset was originally offered the role of Storm before she turned down. If for some reason your idea ends up coming true it would be both super weird and super hilarious.
    If the Marvel movies DON'T start getting meta and retroactively worldbuild, they're losing opportunities. They could do Cap Marvel 2 with a new Rogue and Mystique if they do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    More stunning Storm art from Jen's Instagram!

“I am the gathering tempest—I am the howling wind, the roar of the rain, the voice of THUNDER!”
    Damn, I’m loving everything about her new look! Hope to get more news on the solo soon.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    what is a wig???
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Attachment 62673

new pic from jen

EDIT: oh its already been posted several times lol we all think alike

Wow, kinda wish the outfit had a bit more color but once again she proves that she's going all out for Storm.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm may technically be American by birth, but she's culturally more African, having been raised in Cairo and spending pubescence to young adulthood in Kenya. And she's a 5'11" supermodel/goddess. Rutina is great, but she's not that(neither were Halle or Alexandra, but they weren't great Storms either), plus she's getting on the older side, especially for a college-aged new to the X-Men Storm for the MCU. Lupita was the best mainstream Hollywood has to offer for Storm, but she's off the table(and on the old side for a rookie) since she's Nakia. I'd prefer a gorgeous newcomer from Eastern Africa(Kenya, Tanzania, Somalia, Sudan, or Ethiopia) to take the role. Tall, sharp facial features(cheekbones for days, hooded eyes), accurate accent, regal persona. Casting an unknown also allows the audience to see just Storm, instead of whoever else the actress has played.
    I see no faults in your rationale. I concur.

“I am the gathering tempest—I am the howling wind, the roar of the rain, the voice of THUNDER!”
    Simply stunning!!

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    Thanks. I like these type of polls. Hopefully Storm does well if she isn’t #1 this time.

I am surprised more Storm fans have not yet placed there selections.

Y’all need to hurry up and vote!!!
    I voted thanks for the reminder.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Chadwick Boseman is 42, and black don't crack.

Tho, it were up to me, Ororo would be revealed as the pre-Wakandan identity of Angela Bassett's Ramonda. I'd get super effing meta and say that the Fox God made a bargain with the X-Men, that they'd lose their powers and identities in exchange for saving the Earth. Newly human Storm marries widowed single father Black Panther T'Chaka. Circumstances with Infinity War break the spell --and now Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Wolverine get together to rebuild the school.

Subsequent X-Men movies would be based around newer generations of X-Men, so we can leave the Phoenix, Cyclops and Magneto crap in the past.
    Uh, absolutely not. As much as Angela Bassett would have been great as Storm back in the failed Cameron-produced X-film in the mid 90's, that ship has sailed. I don't really care how exactly mutants are brought to the MCU(I am completely fine with a little Infinity Gauntlet handwaving post Avengers 3/4), but I want fresh and new hs/college aged X-Men(including Storm) being trained by Prof X(in a supporting role) for a movie or two(vs. the Sentinels, Krakoa, and maybe the Brood Saga), before branching out into undiscovered landscapes(like Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, Outback era, especially mutate-slave state Genosha, Shadow King, etc). The Fox-Men films never actually did the team right; I would even reapproach Magneto even if he's been done to death by Fox(maybe I'll feel different after Dark Phoenix, but I still want Jim Lee/Byrne style Magneto with a real forcefield leading his Acolytes on Asteroid M on screen).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

They could do Cap Marvel 2 with a new Rogue and Mystique if they do it right.
    I'm here for that all day, though(as long as Destiny is included)! I'm not sure I can see the MCU letting their premiere female superhero have her powers drained by some newbie hick, but I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    but I want fresh and new hs/college aged X-Men(including Storm) being trained by Prof X(in a supporting role) for a movie or two(vs.
    Each their own. Lucky for you I'm not a script doctor.

I'm sick to death of Cyclops and Phoenix and Beast and Wolverine and Xavier and Magneto. I know it's unlikely we'll ever move beyond them, but I can imagine a world where Storm's in the Xavier role, and a motley crew of third generation X-Men, New Mutants, X-factor and X-force offshoots create their own chemistry. An updated Dazzler concept would be cool to see as a central character and mutant rights advocate, but we'll never get there if we're stuck with O5 and ANAD clingers.

BANNED

I hope Storm will be drawn in her solo as she is pictured in Black Panther. I REALLY hate the outfit in this picture!

Lucky for you I'm not a script doctor. .

Love them or hate them, the 05/ANAD team have carried the franchise across all mediums. I'm all for expanding the film franchise with proper takes on the New Mutants, Excalibur, X-Force, etc, etc, but you have to build the foundation, and then let the others stand on their own strengths, not just shoehorn them in under the "X-Men" banner. Fox ruined everything in their 18 years. They didn't do it right. But that doesn't mean Logan, Magneto, Cyke, Jean, Prof, Beast, etc have been done well, even if some of them got a ton of screen time. I'm all about well-balanced team movies that actually give everyone their due. The Fox-Men films only focus on one or two at a time, with the rest of the cast basically mute cameos. The MCU can do far better, and I want those films, not an X-Men team of Boom Boom, Dazzler, Widget, Cerise, Wolfsbane, and Shatterstar just to be intentionally different...

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I hope Storm will be drawn in her solo as she is pictured in Black Panther. I REALLY hate the outfit in this picture!
    why do you hate it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    why do you hate it
    That outfit makes her look like a street girl, almost as if she were in a gang. She needs to look like a goddess.