Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    TIG said in an interview that if Daniel had accepted his apology that Silver would have walked away.

There's a lot of bad guys on Cobra Kai, Terry Silver being one of them. But also John Kreese and Johnny Lawrence. Who is the baddest guy on Cobra Kai?

Wait a second. What do you mean bad guy? He's misunderstood. I think they all have a past that labels them into that bad guy category. Now, who will go to the biggest extremes? I think Terry has the most to lose, so I think that makes him pretty dangerous. And also, obviously, I always say, if Daniel had just forgiven him that first time they met, he probably would've let it go.

Terry really wants just that friendship and love in his life, like we all do, but when he doesn't get that, then that sort of propels down this kind of a bad path.

https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...n-4-interview/
    That's disappointing. In my opinion, Chozen was the worst villain from all the Karate Kid Movies. Kreese wanted the reputation of his Dojo kept at all costs. Silver wanted Daniel broken physically and mentally. But Chozen? Dude wanted to straight up kill Daniel.

However, Daniel was able to forgive him. Johnny wasn't nearly as bad as Chozen. Hell, I think not even Silver was either. I wish Daniel would have remembered Kimiko's Words about good things. Even if it was a half acceptance like, "Tough to buy those words when you're standing next to the guy that sent a mob to assault my daughter, but if you really mean it I'll try to forgive you. I need some time to absorb this one"

I don't mind Daniel having his Frenemy Deal with Johnny. They remind me of two brothers or training partners that will never see eye to eye, but deep down they respect each other. I'd borderline kill to watch a cop show and they're partners.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-03-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    That's disappointing. In my opinion, Chozen was the worst villain from all the Karate Kid Movies. Kreese wanted the reputation of his Dojo kept at all costs. Silver wanted Daniel broken physically and mentally. But Chozen? Dude wanted to straight up kill Daniel.

However, Daniel was able to forgive him. Johnny wasn't nearly as bad as Chozen. Hell, I think not even Silver was either. I wish Daniel would have remembered Kimiko's Words about good things. Even if it was a half acceptance like, "Tough to buy those words when you're standing next to the guy that sent a mob to assault my daughter, but if you really mean it I'll try to forgive you. I need some time to absorb this one"

I don't mind Daniel having his Frenemy Deal with Johnny. They remind me of two brothers or training partners that will never see eye to eye, but deep down they respect each other. I'd borderline kill to watch a cop show and they're partners.
    Well I think the distinction is Kreese and Silver were grown adults picking on a child. Chozen was a kid like Daniel who from his perspective had Daniel stealing his girl and his family legacy. Certainly not an excuse for fighting to the death but Chozen actually chose death when he lost so for him it was a fight to the death for his twisted sense of honor. Chozen also had Kumiko bridge the gap between he and Daniel ie someone Daniel trusted unlike Silver who showed up with Kreese. I doubt Daniel gives Chozen a chance if not for Kumiko introducing them and he was still weary when they later fought as Chozen pretended he was still angry.

So I think the distinction is Chozen earned forgiveness while Silver seemed to demand and expect it with no actual effort on his part required.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm a librarian and one of my job duties is helping people out at the public computers. There are people younger than Johnny that don't even have an email address.
    It's not even just his not understanding how the Internet works. The way he tries to recruit female students at the school comes across like he has no idea that sounding like a perp from To Catch A Predator is a bad idea. Even by his standards, this was idiotic. There's being out of touch and there's acting like you've been living in a cave with no human interaction all your life.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well I think the distinction is Kreese and Silver were grown adults picking on a child. Chozen was a kid like Daniel who from his perspective had Daniel stealing his girl and his family legacy. Certainly not an excuse for fighting to the death but Chozen actually chose death when he lost so for him it was a fight to the death for his twisted sense of honor. Chozen also had Kumiko bridge the gap between he and Daniel ie someone Daniel trusted unlike Silver who showed up with Kreese. I doubt Daniel gives Chozen a chance if not for Kumiko introducing them and he was still weary when they later fought as Chozen pretended he was still angry.

So I think the distinction is Chozen earned forgiveness while Silver seemed to demand and expect it with no actual effort on his part required.
    I agree with all of this. I'd also add that Terry Silver's whole thing was being manipulative, so of course Daniel wouldn't buy into his apology. Daniel is egotistical and a hothead but this is one time I don't think any of the blame falls on him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's not even just his not understanding how the Internet works. The way he tries to recruit female students at the school comes across like he has no idea that sounding like a perp from To Catch A Predator is a bad idea. Even by his standards, this was idiotic. There's being out of touch and there's acting like you've been living in a cave with no human interaction all your life.
    Again, you'd be surprised. Some of the things I've heard come out of people's mouths (mostly white straight dudes) is like they haven't bothered to learn anything new since hair metal.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Thinking about this season, it was a missed opportunity that we never saw Johnny's growing influence on Sam. We know that she trained with the Eagle Fang guys on her own after the dojos split but never got to see how Johnny changed her perspective beyond the moment on the roof. It would have been cool to see them connect like Daniel and Miguel did.

Another good season. There was some plot points I wasn't expecting to happen at the end that I enjoyed.

I like the surprise of who will be helping Daniel fight Cobra Kai next season.

The show must be 1/10th of the cost of the Witcher to make, so I could see it sticking around for awhile.

Loved it can’t wait for the next season. Such an easy binge. Looking forward to seeing Johnny fight the Cartel next season hahah rediculous but you know it’s gonna hapoen

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It was a great season to greatest franchise continuation going. This season even surpassed the third season for me.

I hope we get to see Mike Barnes (from KK III) again before all this ends. As much as I love the show, I hope it doesn't try to stick around too long and risk disappointing viewers by overstaying its welcome, 6 seasons is probably the best place to end this show.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Its a foregone conclusion, the only question is WHEN. Sean Kanan loves the show, watches every ep, integrates the movie into his very life (twitter profile pic is Mike Barnes, his book is called "Way of the Cobra"), and interestingly said he "couldn't talk about" whether he was in Season 5 or not. So they've been in contact with him, otherwise he'd do the obligatory "No one has reached out but I'd love to" spiel actors do.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It was a great season to greatest franchise continuation going. This season even surpassed the third season for me.

I hope we get to see Mike Barnes (from KK III) again before all this ends. As much as I love the show, I hope it doesn't try to stick around too long and risk disappointing viewers by overstaying its welcome, 6 seasons is probably the best place to end this show.
    I'm honestly not worried about him, the only questions are when, and will it be a cameo or a multi-ep arc.

What I AM worried about, coincidentally, was addressed in the last 24 hours. Well, sort of:

“All we can say about her is we love Hilary Swank. We think she’s a phenomenal actress and we love her character in this franchise. She was taught by Mr. Miyagi and she’s somebody who is important to the Karate Kid universe. We can’t say if she’ll return, we can’t say how she’d return if she was going to return.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm honestly not worried about [Sean Kanan/Mike Barnes], the only questions are when, and will it be a cameo or a multi-ep arc.
    Honestly, what backstory they will (finally) give him intrigues me the most. I figure they won't have him be too much like either Johnny or Daniel. Rebellious midwestern farm boy turned "bad boy"? Or a troubled rougher life urban kid (maybe like an Aaron Hernandez)? I guess there a lot of different directions they can go with that.

Of course, what became of Barnes after KK III will also be interesting...but like others Daniel beat (Johnny, Chozen, Terry, Kreese), I wouldn't be surprised if he hit some sort of "bottom" in his life for a time.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-07-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Honestly, what backstory they will (finally) give him intrigues me the most. I figure they won't have him be too much like either Johnny or Daniel. Rebellious midwestern farm boy turned "bad boy"? Or a troubled rougher life urban kid (maybe like an Aaron Hernandez)? I guess there a lot of different directions they can go with that.

Of course, what became of Barnes after KK III will also be interesting...but like others Daniel beat (Johnny, Chozen, Terry, Kreese), I wouldn't be surprised if he hit some sort of "bottom" in his life for a time.
    Col./Gen. Mike Barnes is my head canon. He joined the military and focused his a-holery there. A younger Thunderbolt Ross, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Col./Gen. Mike Barnes is my head canon. He joined the military and focused his a-holery there. A younger Thunderbolt Ross, basically.
    That actually would make a good bit of sense (and the military could be Terry's "in" with rekindling with Barnes). Though, with Terry & Kreese reeking of military, maybe the showrunners might sense some lack of novelty there. They might want to throw us for some surprising loops with Barnes (like maybe he's a good guy now, or he's a boring out of shape insurance salesman or a rural guy living out in the middle of nowhere or he's a married gay guy or etc).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-07-2022 at 12:20 PM.

That actually would make a good bit of sense (and the military could be Terry's "in" with rekindling with Barnes). Though, with Terry & Kreese reeking of military, maybe the showrunners might sense some lack of novelty there. They might want to throw us for some surprising loops with Barnes.
    That was actually one of Kanan's own ideas, another of which is Mike now being a dudebro niceguy (I'm not as much a fan of that one though).