Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Modern Joker does actually have some pretty solid combat feats. I'm not sure I'd necessarily give him the majority against Frank. But head to head, standard equipment? That's actually a fight you could credibly argue either way.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Modern Joker does actually have some pretty solid combat feats. I'm not sure I'd necessarily give him the majority against Frank. But head to head, standard equipment? That's actually a fight you could credibly argue either way.
    Really? Head to head, standard equipment, Frank is coming with pistols, assault rifles, grenades and body armor. Joker generally doesn't have any of those, right? In HtH, yeah, I could kind of see it being close - but Rumbles-rules seems to vastly favor the guy with 50 years of history of gunning fools down at the drop of a hat.

EDIT: Yes, Joker sometimes carries a pistol, but he has nowhere near Frank's accuracy, and again, doesn't wear body armor, which Frank always does. And a pistol at range isn't something you want against automatic weapons.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 04-06-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Joker has literally hid from Batman, a far superior detective with far superior resources to Frank and not been able to find Joker for months on end. Punisher is literally never going to find Joker unless Joker literally misleading to a trap where he fills the entire warehouse with joker gas the second Frank steps into it.
    The one thing there is that Frank is actually RIDICULOUSLY good at finding criminals. People who Peter and Matt and Cap and whoever simply cannot find, Frank finds and liquidates. He's nowhere near as intelligent as Batman, obviously, but he finds fools all the time and does it when and where they are simply not expecting. It verges on a superpower.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    but Rumbles-rules seems to vastly favor the guy with 50 years of history of gunning fools down at the drop of a hat.
    See, I read this and I thought you were talking about Joker. -__- haha

The one thing there is that Frank is actually RIDICULOUSLY good at finding criminals. People who Peter and Matt and Cap and whoever simply cannot find, Frank finds and liquidates. He's nowhere near as intelligent as Batman, obviously, but he finds fools all the time and does it when and where they are simply not expecting. It verges on a superpower.
    For a guy who primarily interacts with criminals by shooting them, Frank has an oddly nuanced knowledge of local criminals.

I think the only logical explanation is that the Punisher absorbs at least surface thoughts of people he is killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I think the only logical explanation is that the Punisher absorbs at least surface thoughts of people he is killing.
    That’s because Frank is a psychic telepath.

Or a psychopath for short.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Frank isn’t known for his combat skills, is he a bad ass yes, but could he say beat daredevil, or Batman, etc? No

Idk how he’d do against Frank but he’s always been solidly depicted to be pretty tough no?

BANNED

Really? Head to head, standard equipment, Frank is coming with pistols, assault rifles, grenades and body armor. Joker generally doesn't have any of those, right? In HtH, yeah, I could kind of see it being close - but Rumbles-rules seems to vastly favor the guy with 50 years of history of gunning fools down at the drop of a hat.

EDIT: Yes, Joker sometimes carries a pistol, but he has nowhere near Frank's accuracy, and again, doesn't wear body armor, which Frank always does. And a pistol at range isn't something you want against automatic weapons.
    I don’t see Joker not planning for Frank, Joker gas or even hiring an assassin like when he hired Death stroke

BANNED

Right but this 8s the Joker...he hides from Batman...freaking Batman who can hide from the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Frank isn’t known for his combat skills,
    The insane military vet who regularly slaughters hordes of criminals...isn't known for his combat skills? HUh?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The insane military vet who regularly slaughters hordes of criminals...isn't known for his combat skills? HUh?
    It’s his housekeeping skills. He house-pride shames them into submission.

Frank Castle is... The Polisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think he's lumping combat skills as akin to martial arts skills. Which is incorrect of course. You can still be an excellent combatant and not use martial arts. He's not Batman or Cap level but he's decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I think he's lumping combat skills as akin to martial arts skills. Which is incorrect of course. You can still be an excellent combatant and not use martial arts. He's not Batman or Cap level but he's decent enough.

Ya I don't think Frank is ready for a guy like joker.