Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Wow I actually feel like everything will be wrapped in a nice bow by part 2 of Chinatown but I am a bit confused on the situation with Rose, are we now discussing the possibility of Rose having a split personality.
    It seems like the concussion has given her a mental break in the form of another personality.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Wow I actually feel like everything will be wrapped in a nice bow by part 2 of Chinatown but I am a bit confused on the situation with Rose, are we now discussing the possibility of Rose having a split personality.

I also still wanted a showdown with Deathstroke and Isherwood and Deasthstroke and Kenan but instead we got scuffles, but the fights are not what Inread deathstroke for and thrse scuffles were good enough.
    I disagree - I think the implication is the sword from the future has brought some kind of spirit which is possessing Rose - how else would she know Hmong? Unless it's related to her "precog" power, which has created a new personality.

The Kenan/Slade fight was classic Deathstroke. I do think we're going to get some kind of fight next issue, since it's the big thing shutting things down and leading up to Deathstroke vs. Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I take back what I said about Terra. She's definitely being portrayed as a victim.

Also I knew the Etienne stuff would be put to rest soon enough haha.
    Terra is a victim - but do you think she's maybe leading Slade deliberately into a trap at the end, there? I kind of thought it might be.

It seems like the concussion has given her a mental break in the form of another personality.
    I personally am leaning towards the possession theory, because it started before the concussion. But it's possible that together, the sword and the concussion fitzed her precog power out so that it's creating this personality that can deal with some issue Rose isn't aware of.

But I really want more! This was all setup and confusing, and I'm really hoping that the next issue is a Priest emotional gut punch.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I have a hard time believing possession b/c of the type of book this is, mysticism or occult hasn't really played a part but science has, the idea of bringing someone back, the idea of time travel, the idea of a split personality deriving from a concussion, is all relative science so far, but we shall see if any of our theories are true, b/c I don't think any of us thought Rose could actually be the number one suspect to have killed Etienne did we...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I have a hard time believing possession b/c of the type of book this is, mysticism or occult hasn't really played a part but science has, the idea of bringing someone back, the idea of time travel, the idea of a split personality deriving from a concussion, is all relative science so far, but we shall see if any of our theories are true, b/c I don't think any of us thought Rose could actually be the number one suspect to have killed Etienne did we...
    Well, I like possession better than split, because I want Rose to be heroic. But I guess her having a split personality would fit with how Priest says that Rose is torn between good and evil and hasn't made a choice yet.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

Isn't the sword from the future messing with her mind?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Isn't the sword from the future messing with her mind?
    Well, that's MY theory.

Spectacular Member

I also still wanted a showdown with Deathstroke and Isherwood and Deasthstroke and Kenan but instead we got scuffles, but the fights are not what Inread deathstroke for and thrse scuffles were good enough.
    I'm definitely still waiting on more of a showdown with Isherwood, it's been teased for a while now.

About #28...

spoilers:

So... Slade brought the sword back from the future and got it to where Rose bought it from. The sword or the princess possessed Rose and she seems to be the one who killed Etienne. Damn, poor Rose, that's really messed up. Joey seems to have given up being a hero. Slade apologized to Terra for using her and got to fight Chinese Superman for a bit. Boo at Wintergreen leaving again, I love AI Wintergreen, but I love real Wintergreen more, but I totally get his decision.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    I'm definitely still waiting on more of a showdown with Isherwood, it's been teased for a while now.

About #28...

spoilers:

So... Slade brought the sword back from the future and got it to where Rose bought it from. The sword or the princess possessed Rose and she seems to be the one who killed Etienne. Damn, poor Rose, that's really messed up. Joey seems to have given up being a hero. Slade apologized to Terra for using her and got to fight Chinese Superman for a bit. Boo at Wintergreen leaving again, I love AI Wintergreen, but I love real Wintergreen more, but I totally get his decision.
    end of spoilers
    I hope this isn't the start of Joey going back to being a villain like he has been in past runs.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Terra is a victim - but do you think she's maybe leading Slade deliberately into a trap at the end, there? I kind of thought it might be.
    It sure is possible, but it seemed like she might have been being genuine, too. Especially after the annual where it looks like Terra and Slade are working closer together than any other member of Defiance, including his kids.

And also... I wouldn't blame Tara for leading him into a trap. Coming from that abused, victim mentality there is a lot of anger there.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It sure is possible, but it seemed like she might have been being genuine, too. Especially after the annual where it looks like Terra and Slade are working closer together than any other member of Defiance, including his kids.

And also... I wouldn't blame Tara for leading him into a trap. Coming from that abused, victim mentality there is a lot of anger there.
    I think there's a lot of complexity in the Terra and Slade relationship as written in this series, so I agree that Terra is probably acting in both betrayal and sincerity.

Spectacular Member

I hope this isn't the start of Joey going back to being a villain like he has been in past runs.
    I really hope not. Him nearly killing Isherwood was bad enough, I don't need him doing anything worse than that.

I recently read DC Universe: Decisions, and I was shocked to see Jericho as a really evil villain there, after two years of him being the "good" kid of Deathstroke's three. I do hope that this series doesn't go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I recently read DC Universe: Decisions, and I was shocked to see Jericho as a really evil villain there, after two years of him being the "good" kid of Deathstroke's three. I do hope that this series doesn't go that route.
    The good kid before was always Rose, and it seems like they're pushing her towards the Teen Titans again, but I don't want to see Joey as evil either? I've actually REALLY loved Joey here in this heroic role. If I had one complaint it'd be that he and Rose are both so interconnected with their father. Let's see Rose on TT or YJ and Joey on Titans, shall we?

BANNED

Wally is back with TT
    Tanya dead, sort of
    Terra, Adeline and Billy seemingly gone.
    The Etienne mystery is about to be solved.
    Isherwood and Slade will likely settle their disputes.

29 is really shaping up to be the conclusion of this series. Even the solicit says it. Deathstroke vs Batman is looking like a new series. No wonder they called it a series with in a series but now I understand.

The good kid before was always Rose, and it seems like they're pushing her towards the Teen Titans again, but I don't want to see Joey as evil either? I've actually REALLY loved Joey here in this heroic role. If I had one complaint it'd be that he and Rose are both so interconnected with their father. Let's see Rose on TT or YJ and Joey on Titans, shall we?
    I thought Wolfman originally had Joey as a good kid? Way back in Judas Contract times? I've only read that story, and none of the other TT stories, so I don't know for sure.

Rose...I read the McKeever backup story on her and a couple of things featuring her (like in the horrific Evil Cass saga), and it seems like the general take on her character was basically that she's torn between hero and villain, wanting to be a hero, but not quite able to find support or community as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Wally is back with TT
    Tanya dead, sort of
    Terra, Adeline and Billy seemingly gone.
    The Etienne mystery is about to be solved.
    Isherwood and Slade will likely settle their disputes.

29 is really shaping up to be the conclusion of this series. Even the solicit says it. Deathstroke vs Batman is looking like a new series. No wonder they called it a series with in a series but now I understand.
    Well, on his website, Priest says that Deathstroke vs. Batman is the culmination of 2 years of work, not a brand new direction. So I think we're going to get a good jumping on point, but it'll have lots of stuff for people who've been reading since Rebirth started.