Page 75 of 106 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1590
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Baffled.
    Yes yes reality can be a hard swallow at times, but one must accept it all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I see one big fundamental flaw in the new nation of Krakoa - it is dependent on a small group of people to function, and if any one of them is lost, the whole thing falls apart.

Those people are Doug Ramsey and the 5 who bring back the dead. Without Doug they can't communicate with Krakoa, which would be very bad since they live on him. And if any 1 of the 5 were to die no one would be able to be resurrected ever.

I'm assuming Xavier can be replaced and that other telepaths could use Cerebro like he does to complete the resurrection process.

A society that is so dependent on any individual to function is on shaky ground. This isn't about filling government positions, these are absolutely necessary functions that literally no one else in the world can do.
    They could use Elixir to resurrect the dead.

To resurrect someone he must take another's life (Uncanny X-men Bunn). Since Kakroa is populated by clones with memories implanted in their brains even if they lose someone essential as one of the 5, one of the clones can be used to resurrect one of the 5 and then create another copy of those who died using the 5's combined ability.

If they lose Elixir they can use Triage.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-03-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Exactly this. I don't like Sabretooth, but inflicting the most nightmarish form of punishment on him for breaking a law they just then created screams totalitarianism. The Hickman kool-aid drinkers refuse to see that though, since mutants are getting a "win". It doesn't matter that the X-Men are basically the Inhumans now, are now about as sympathetic and likeable as a piranha in an SS uniform.
    All i know is the day Storm breaks Krakoa law it's going down. We saw what happened when doom locked her in an aware state. I think one aspect of this that i now wonder of is what happens when a powerful mutant breaks the law and are contained within Karakoa. Can they be?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I see one big fundamental flaw in the new nation of Krakoa - it is dependent on a small group of people to function, and if any one of them is lost, the whole thing falls apart.

Those people are Doug Ramsey and the 5 who bring back the dead. Without Doug they can't communicate with Krakoa, which would be very bad since they live on him. And if any 1 of the 5 were to die no one would be able to be resurrected ever.

I'm assuming Xavier can be replaced and that other telepaths could use Cerebro like he does to complete the resurrection process.

A society that is so dependent on any individual to function is on shaky ground. This isn't about filling government positions, these are absolutely necessary functions that literally no one else in the world can do.
    They could have backup husks of those essential mutants hidden somewhere.

Exactly this. I don't like Sabretooth, but inflicting the most nightmarish form of punishment on him for breaking a law they just then created screams totalitarianism. The Hickman kool-aid drinkers refuse to see that though, since mutants are getting a "win". It doesn't matter that the X-Men are basically the Inhumans now, are now about as sympathetic and likeable as a piranha in an SS uniform.
    It is totalitarianism.

That's just not an uncommon thing at the founding of a nation.

BANNED

sympathetic and likeable as a piranha in an SS uniform.
    Can we not go around comparing fictional characters who have been hunted and exterminated for their entire existence to Nazi's because we've got an axe to grind. It's incredibly tacky and offensive. Thanks. You'd think an English major would know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    They could have backup husks of those essential mutants hidden somewhere.

We should be so lucky to have the X-Men go full Evangelion on us.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It is totalitarianism.

That's just not an uncommon thing at the founding of a nation.
    Doesn't mak eit right in any way

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Doesn't mak eit right in any way
    It's realpolitik.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Yes yes reality can be a hard swallow at times, but one must accept it all the same.
    Your reality, maybe. In the real world, segregation is something that we generally find a problem. There was this one guy, Martin Luther something or another. You should look him up, maybe get some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    They could use Elixir to resurrect the dead.

To resurrect someone he must take another's life (Uncanny X-men Bunn). Since Kakroa is populated by clones with memories implanted in their brains even if they lose someone essential as one of the 5, one of the clones can be used to resurrect one of the 5 and then create another copy of those who died using the 5's combined ability.

If they lose Elixir they can use Triage.
    They just need to kill a healer and another one of the essential x-men. Doesn't look like a hard task

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It's realpolitik.
    Still not right, just because a country do, doesn't mean everyone should be doing

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He also said that perhaps there would be a day that he would be useful and they could revisit the situation.
    True....I wonder what would make Xavier decide "okay now's the time we shoudl see if Creed's had enough".....almost seems like there may be a story in mind there.....

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not visible prisons, but some hidden prison
    Right, but that's what makes it so glaring. "We're above such things on Krakoa....now let me cast Sabretooth into this thing that is exactly like, but is not named, a prison."

Some people seem to be mistaking noticing this as a flaw in their reasoning, and recognizing it as such, as some kind of defense of Creed himself. I don't think it amounts to Kool-aid drinking of Hickman...I'm as big a fan of him as there is, but I recognize that we're meant to be a bit uneasy with some of the decisions being made.

Hell, Xavier himself points it out in the story.

Astonishing Member

I mean isn't murdering and the threat of murder generally frowned upon in most civilized societies?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Can we not go around comparing fictional characters who have been hunted and exterminated for their entire existence to Nazi's because we've got an axe to grind. It's incredibly tacky and offensive. Thanks. You'd think an English major would know better.
    Can maybe you understand a joke, or did it go over your head? No one is calling the X-Men actual Nazis. But my point remains that the X-Men are clearly not people to cheer for in any way shape, or form. Their government is pure totalitarianism, all in the name of taking the central idea of the X-Men since their inception are taking a crap all over it.

BANNED

Your reality, maybe. In the real world, segregation is something that we generally find a problem. There was this one guy, Martin Luther something or another. You should look him up, maybe get some guidance.
    Don't be deliberately dense. Misrepresenting someones argument because you don't have one is a lazy tactic.

Obviously i never said anything about forced segregation, I'm talking about natural segregation between people of varying backgrounds and how that's a natural occurrence.