Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Rename this comic sinister and his fabulous Cape, being fabulous
    Ok I'm actually laughing at the idea that they'll need like 4 panels a page for that thing alone!

This concept would work better if it merged Thunderbolts and Suicide Squad concepts under a mutant umbrella.
    Yeah, have a team of outside, generally villainous mutants, but rotate it a fair bit. Have them act like an "expendable" group of characters (as expendable as mutants that can get perpetually resurrected that is).
    So start with these guys, but bring Marrow, Animax, Random, Wildside, Lady Mastermind and even more obscure, like Gene Nation, and so on in and out of the book.

Because this team, unless absolute magic is made in #1, just doesn't seem to hold any long term appeal.

I feel like Marvel is scraping the barrel for unused names from the past and then randomly throwing characters at it

I like that Dawn of X titles are taking the established names and giving them casts and stories that fit thematically with the meaning of the words.

Zeb Wells & Stephen Segovia? I'm all for that creative team!
    Sinister and Empath working together? I'm all for it!
    Nanny and Orphanmaker? Just kooky enough to be cool.
    Wildchild and Scalphunter? Er...
    Havok and Kwylocke? More er...

I'll read the first issue. At least the art [and therefore Sinister's cape] will be gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

This is a weird, diverse, eccentric cast of characters. I love it!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Will not stand for this Julian Keller erasure.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The only two Im really here for are Havok and Empath. Its about damn time they use Empath as he's been in Limbo far too long. He's always had potential but they rarely ever used him outside of the OG NM run.

I don't know if even Kwannon could make me pick this book up.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I feel like Marvel is scraping the barrel for unused names from the past and then randomly throwing characters at it
    You said it.

Too bad we likely won't get a Hellion team comprised of the 2 Hellion teams. Oh well.... The roster looks a bit boring but it all depends on the writing. If its good I will read it.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I don't know if even Kwannon could make me pick this book up.
    Same. I love her so far, but gotta be honest...not really sold on the whole premise?

Might wait to see what solicitations say, but they've been worse than anything lately.

I just wanna see Segovia's interiors. I thought I would pick this up. But i'm not interested in any of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    You said it.

Too bad we likely won't get a Hellion team comprised of the 2 Hellion teams. Oh well.... The roster looks a bit boring but it all depends on the writing. If its good I will read it.
    Gimme Hellion, Tarot, Dust, Mercury, Rockslide, Jetstream, Roulette and a reluctant Warpath.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like Wells' writing. I like half the team and willing to see what the other half will do. And Segovia's art is quite good so...I'm definitely in.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

I get it.. folks want to explore.. but of all of the villains, we are not getting what folks want.. No Daken, No Unuscione, Thumblina would be an upgrade to Nanny, Where is Tempo? No Amelia Voght, Exodus should be in the place of Havok, Give us a restored Sway-she is virtually a blank slate.I really am wondering about this writers not getting that people like seeing people that look like them across race, gender, sexuality, ability,etc.. whew chile.. again nope.. You would think after the success of Black Panther and Captain Marvel we would see something different in the rosters of the comic books.. hell Naomi of DC did such a great job and had the comic world buzzing.. why cant the x office get it right, ever?