Page 1000 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 5009009509909969979989991000100110021003100410101050110015002000 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 77781
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I can honestly say that after the continual chumping out T'Challa has been subjected to from Doomwar/AvX onwards, I now have ZERO interest in the proposed Black Panther solo book or movie supposedly coming out in 2018.

Coates proposed "revolution in Wakanda" angle is just tired and Chadwick Boseman is the last person I would envision playing T'Challa on the big screen.

Peace.
    I'm actually quite curious about the revolution angle. We've seen coup d'etats happen all the time, but I don't think we've ever really seen a real people's revolution. It's almost always been M'Baku or N'Jdaka or the Desturi or some foreign mercenaries, etc... Wakanda finds itself in a unique place owing to it's bloodlines, mystic rites and divine rule, where a people's revolution is probably something that never happens. How he deals with it really has me intrigued.

Prior to the CBR reboot, The BP Appreciation threads were more like chapters in a freaking book with each one leading into the next one seamlessly.

So much goodness was lost post reboot.
    I remember lurking at CBR for the first time, I remember telling myself I would go through every single BP appreciation thread. Especially with what was going on at the time (a few months after AxV and the beginning the New Avengers).

Then the reboot happened. *facepalm*

I miss Flex Hectic.
    Whatever happened to him? All things considered, he was a very good (and funny) poster.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-25-2015 at 07:51 AM.

BANNED

I miss Flex Hectic.
    Yeah. I miss him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I'm actually quite curious about the revolution angle. We've seen coup d'etats happen all the time, but I don't think we've ever really seen a real people's revolution. It's almost always been M'Baku or N'Jdaka or the Desturi or some foreign mercenaries, etc... Wakanda finds itself in a unique place owing to it's bloodlines, mystic rites and divine rule, where a people's revolution is probably something that never happens. How he deals with it really has me intrigued.
    I'm also intrigued (and somewhat concerned) with the reason behind the revolution in the first place. What would cause the people to revolt again a Kingdom that, for centuries, has done a great job in advancing the nation? Very curious on that.

Speaking of which....we've reached 1000 pages

I can honestly say that after the continual chumping out T'Challa has been subjected to from Doomwar/AvX onwards, I now have ZERO interest in the proposed Black Panther solo book or movie supposedly coming out in 2018.

Coates proposed "revolution in Wakanda" angle is just tired and Chadwick Boseman is the last person I would envision playing T'Challa on the big screen.

Peace.
    I'm also unsure of the "revolution in Wakanda" angle. Granted, it appears to be a people's revolution this time around...but I guess we'll see how it unfolds.

As for Chadwick, he wasn't my first pick (Chiwetel Ejiofor was the pick for me) but I do think Chadwick will positively surprise us in his upcoming performances.

Invincible Member

Peace.
    I'm actually curious as to what Coates is going to bring to T'Challa. It's BP solo title so there's less of a chance of him being chumped for whatever story reason.

As far as the movie is concerned, I'll say what I said in a different thread about a different character I like...I'm cautiously optimistic, but it's Hollywood...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Speaking of which....we've reached 1000 pages
    Oh yeah! Congratz to Black Panther and his fans!

I'm also intrigued (and somewhat concerned) with the reason behind the revolution in the first place. What would cause the people to revolt again a Kingdom that, for centuries, has done a great job in advancing the nation? Very curious on that.
    No matter how much a monarchy has benefited people, there will always be dissenters opposed to the notion of an entire nation's leader being chosen by no other criteria than bloodline.

BANNED

Who do you want Majestic? Was it Chitwel?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    No matter how much a monarchy has benefited people, there will always be dissenters opposed to the notion of an entire nation's leader being chosen by no other criteria than bloodline.
    Dissenters are inevitable, regardless of the form of government. What matters is what the people, as a whole, think of their leaders.

The Wakandan people have trusted their Royal family to lead their nation for a very long time and that trust has been well-placed. Wakanda' status in the world is proof of such.

So to go from that to a people's revolution means something major must have happened. I'm very curious on who or what is the catalyst for such an event.

EDIT: Historically, Wakanda has had a parliament / council in addition to the monarchy as well.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-25-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Prior to the CBR reboot, The BP Appreciation threads were more like chapters in a freaking book with each one leading into the next one seamlessly.

So much goodness was lost post reboot.
    Agreed. Can we get a reboot please.

If we get one and I miss the first page someone should add my links to the first page.

Coates proposed "revolution in Wakanda" angle is just tired
    Exactly, that's why I'm not really excited for it. That was literally what happened in his first ongoing with Panthers Rage.
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 10-25-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    We need better comics

I'm also unsure of the "revolution in Wakanda" angle. Granted, it appears to be a people's revolution this time around...but I guess we'll see how it unfolds.

As for Chadwick, he wasn't my first pick (Chiwetel Ejiofor was the pick for me) but I do think Chadwick will positively surprise us in his upcoming performances.
    Honestly I think a revolution story makes sense. If I were Wakandan I'd probably have a lot of reservations about a lot of things which have happened in the last couple years. There's just a lot of potential drama to mine there for stories.

Dissenters are inevitable, regardless of the form of government. What matters is what the people, as a whole, think of their leaders.

The Wakandan people have trusted their Royal family to lead their nation for a very long time and that trust has been well-placed. Wakanda' status in the world is proof of such.

So to go from that to a people's revolution means something major must have happened. I'm very curious on who or what is the catalyst for such an event.

EDIT: Historically, Wakanda has had a parliament / council in addition to the monarchy as well.
    You can say the Cabal, which T'challa hid in Wakanda without telling anyone, destroying the country might be major enough to plant the seeds of revolt. Though Coates might do something new just to make things new reader friendly.