Page 168 of 420 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Imagine Andy watching Lost Action Hero in the 90s and loving it, getting into Shakespeare as he grew up.

They must hate the Star Command cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So it's a movie with in a movie? Funny I thought it was about the real light-year who inspired the toy or whatever.
    It's supposed to be the movie that Andy watched in Toy Story that made him want the toy.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

If it was a 90s movie why is it cg? Wouldn't it be toy story 1 like animation if it is cg? Most films were hand drawn. Also would this story be something you would find as a 90s film for kids? 90s "cartoons are for kids" don't forget.

Should have just said it's a "remake of the 90s movie" in the toy story world. Would explain the voice change also if it's a modern day reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It's the Lightyear movie that Andy watched in Toy Story. I think that fact has been lost on some viewers who perceived it as a spin off from Toy Story.
    Ya I don't remember Andy talking about a light-year movie at all but it's been awhile since I've seen toy story.

Extraordinary Member

Top Gun Hits Second Biggest 4th Weekend In Box Office History

Extraordinary Member

Why Lightyear Fell Far Short Of Box Office Expectations

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya I don't remember Andy talking about a light-year movie at all but it's been awhile since I've seen toy story.
    It was never stated, but a lot of the "hot" toys of the 90's were movie tie-ins and since Woody himself was a hand me down toy based on a TV show it makes sense that his replacement was a fancy new movie tie in toy.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Sonic 2 passes $400m global.

Titanic getting a 3-D rerelease in theatres. This will add to its worldwide box office take.

Top gun may make the billion club yet! May return to first place this weekend till minions knocks it out of it in two weeks.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/top-gun...ce-1235050451/

Distribution sources are telling me there’s a chance that Paramount/Skydance’s Top Gun: Maverick could top the box office this weekend in its fifth session with a 28% decline or $32M.

This will easily send the Tom Cruise movie past the half billion point at the domestic box office; the pic already the actor’s highest of all-time with $900M+ worldwide. Top Gun 2 continued to lead advance ticket sales today in the U.S., I hear.

Should Top Gun 2 fly in with $30M+, it will soar above Warner Bros’ $85M Baz Luhrmann directed Elvis production, which is eyeing $20M+, and Universal/Blumhouse’s Scott Derrickson directed R-rated $16M horror film The Black Phone which is spotting $15M–$20M.
    Bobs burgers getting shoved to hulu early. Did "ok" at the box office but not sing 2 numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Bobs burgers getting shoved to hulu early. Did "ok" at the box office but not sing 2 numbers.
    I have no idea why that was greenlighted. This is one of the last watched shows on television. https://www.indiewire.com/2022/05/br...le-1234723904/ Bob's Burgers is supposedly big on Hulu but the only thing that tells me is that it's an "afterthought show". It's the show people watch after they get done watching the stuff they actually came to Hulu to watch. This movie made about 32 million, and cost how much to make? That doesn't sound "ok" that sounds like a bomb.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Lightyear is another woke bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Here we have another woke comment with no real critism on the film besides Disney is bad.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

At what point do you realize that your views are in the minority?

70% of the country is in no way bothered by a same sex kiss/relationship...so how does that mean the movie bombed because it was too "woke"?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Oh, the inquisition is going to blame it on something else, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    They must hate the Star Command cartoon.
    Yeah they do. This except was taken from Slashfilm, the link is below.

"As it turns out, there was more than a little turmoil behind the scenes of "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command." Apparently, tension arose because John Lasseter — the director of "Toy Story" and eventually ousted chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar — did not care for the series. Even though the series enjoyed a successful run from October 2000 to January 2001, the show was later rumored to be more or less disowned by Pixar.

This rumor is given credence by comic book writer and editor Aaron Sparrow, who tweeted that Lasseter indeed disliked the show, to the extent that he prevented the use of characters associated exclusively with "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command" from being used or even mentioned in other "Toy Story" properties."

Maybe some synergy with Star Command would have been a good thing? But wait, there was synergy. Angus Maclane states in the same article that in the Toy Story universe the Star Command Cartoon was made to cash in on the success of the Lightyear movie and the cartoon designs were used to design the toys not the movie designs which is why Buzz looks the way he does in the Toy Story movies, but looks different in Lightyear. Also the Star Command Cartoon isn't available anywhere. I have no idea why the audience was so confused about what movie they were watching.

https://www.slashfilm.com/893652/is-...investigation/
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-23-2022 at 06:48 AM.