Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I read they did all of that on 1/8th (pretty nearly exactly) the budget of Dr. Strange 2, and it's a much better movie.

Looking forward to it coming out on blu-ray so I can watch it.
    I just flat out bought it on Google Play.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I always love how teens have no concept of age lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

My feelings on the new chapter of OPM can be summarized thusly:

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    My feelings on the new chapter of OPM can be summarized thusly:

Yeah, Garou definitely went further than he did in the web manga to prove his 'Evil'. And spoilers:
    he actually sent Saitama into a rage that we've never seen in him before.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I have a pet theory that the Murata redraw is going to end with the climax of the Garou arc. Things are feeling very "final arc-ish" in a way that they weren't in the webcomic.

Given how the much greater emphasis on "God", the introduction of Blast and how the stakes have been dramatically raised in light of the most recent chapter - I don't see how they would square this stuff with the events that would notionally come after from the webcomic. The denouement of the webcomic is Saitama beating Garou clean, kind of how things work before Murata changed his mind and redrew the fight to end up with the Cosmic Fear/God stuff added, and then Saitama understanding Garou's ideology and how they are kind of similar, both hobbyists but with Garou taking the easy way out of becoming a monster rather than being a hero.

At the close of the story, Saitama remains as a person who sees being a hero as a hobby, albeit one he takes seriously, and is emotionally untouched by the events of the story. He's still the comedy hero he's always been, the premise remains "Saitama versus the world," insofar that he is completely resistant to playing by the rules of the setting, which includes being truly emotionally engaged with them. Saitama as a character is kind of typified by his numbness to all the wild **** that happens around him.

Meanwhile in the redraw, with this dramatic turn; I'm not sure how you can walk that back. The stakes are real now for Saitama in a way they never have been in any other part of the story, original or redraw. While I'm not certain, due to this and the other factors above, I think the redraw is going to end with this arc.

Which is a shame because the Neo Arc and what ONE does with Amai Mask over in the webcomic is pretty cool. Plus we get Saitama versus Tatsumaki, Metal Bat gets to do some cool stuff and Superalloy Darkshine gets fleshed out some more.

Though, I guess they already overrode Darkshine's arc with him getting over his weakness in the course of this battle.

Huh...

Welp, that's my theory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I have a pet theory that the Murata redraw is going to end with the climax of the Garou arc. Things are feeling very "final arc-ish" in a way that they weren't in the webcomic.

Given how the much greater emphasis on "God", the introduction of Blast and how the stakes have been dramatically raised in light of the most recent chapter - I don't see how they would square this stuff with the events that would notionally come after from the webcomic. The denouement of the webcomic is Saitama beating Garou clean, kind of how things work before Murata changed his mind and redrew the fight to end up with the Cosmic Fear/God stuff added, and then Saitama understanding Garou's ideology and how they are kind of similar, both hobbyists but with Garou taking the easy way out of becoming a monster rather than being a hero.

At the close of the story, Saitama remains as a person who sees being a hero as a hobby, albeit one he takes seriously, and is emotionally untouched by the events of the story. He's still the comedy hero he's always been, the premise remains "Saitama versus the world," insofar that he is completely resistant to playing by the rules of the setting, which includes being truly emotionally engaged with them. Saitama as a character is kind of typified by his numbness to all the wild **** that happens around him.

Meanwhile in the redraw, with this dramatic turn; I'm not sure how you can walk that back. The stakes are real now for Saitama in a way they never have been in any other part of the story, original or redraw. While I'm not certain, due to this and the other factors above, I think the redraw is going to end with this arc.

Which is a shame because the Neo Arc and what ONE does with Amai Mask over in the webcomic is pretty cool. Plus we get Saitama versus Tatsumaki, Metal Bat gets to do some cool stuff and Superalloy Darkshine gets fleshed out some more.

Though, I guess they already overrode Darkshine's arc with him getting over his weakness in the course of this battle.

Huh...

Welp, that's my theory anyway.
    Personally, I don't feel that the manga is going to "end" after Garou's arc, so much as going on a hiatus ala Chainsaw Man. As for the premise, I feel that it can still apply for the most part, but what Murata and ONE seem to be going for is that Saitama has limits to his emotional passivity and lack of engagement when the situation is dire enough. I've speculated for a while that the underpinned purpose of the God within the narrative was to serve to gradually arouse Saitama's suppressed emotions as the series progresses.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

penguin-in-***************

Test.

Yep, there it is. CBR has some weird problems with hyphens, now. The above is an old poster's name, which I saw was censored while reading an old thread.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    penguin-in-***************

Test.

Yep, there it is. CBR has some weird problems with hyphens, now. The above is an old poster's name, which I saw was censored while reading an old thread.
    Who was the poster
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Who was the poster
    Penguin in a leather jacket, if memory serves.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Penguin in a leather jacket, if memory serves.
    Ka-ping. That's the one.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Personally, I don't feel that the manga is going to "end" after Garou's arc, so much as going on a hiatus ala Chainsaw Man. As for the premise, I feel that it can still apply for the most part, but what Murata and ONE seem to be going for is that Saitama has limits to his emotional passivity and lack of engagement when the situation is dire enough. I've speculated for a while that the underpinned purpose of the God within the narrative was to serve to gradually arouse Saitama's suppressed emotions as the series progresses.
    A hiatus would make a certain amount of sense given the next story arc is basically stuck on hiatus over in the webcomic, isn't it? While Murata isn't afraid to deviate from the source material, if he goes much further we will have a Fullmetal Alchemist original anime situation. (Which I'd be cool with, the original anime still slaps and is underated.)

The first post Miura Berserk chapter is out, nothing really happens but damn is it bittersweet

OH hell yeah. We finally have a Homelander fight scene!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    OH hell yeah. We finally have a Homelander fight scene!
    Hope he gets his ass beat lol
    -Stephen McCranie