Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Odd question but do we consider Kara a sidekick? I was thinking about Dark Crisis and Batman/Superman: worlds finest and both kind of treat Kara as though she was Superman’s sidekick kind of how Dick, Wally, Donna, Garth, Roy, and etc. are also kind of treated as legacy sidekicks in the splash page.

Made me think what the consensus on that was.
    Enh, Robin is/are the only proper sidekick/s I can think of in DC. most of the others just... aren't that tied to the main hero.

Kara did start out as Clark's secret weapon, but once her existence was revealed to the world, she quickly struck out on her own. So she was a sidekick, but not for very long (which is probably also why she wasn't on the original Teen Titans, which was only sidekicks - or at least meant to be, since Donna's creation was accidental and Wonder Girl was a teen version of Diana, like Superboy, before then). And Clark never had one again until Jon became Superboy.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2022 at 02:25 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

The Silver Age Supergirl certainly wasn't Superman's sidekick, since the first thing he did was to stash her far away from him in an orphanage, which is the very opposite of Bruce Wayne's adopting Dick Grayson as his ward. Superman's sidekick was always Jimmy Olsen.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If WoT is any sort of measuring stick, she is most definitely not a sidekick.

Waid kind of presents her in a sidekick-y manner, but its written (and drawn) so amazingly well regardless. Plus she's pretty independent there anyways.

Be curious to see how she’s written by Williamson throughout Dark Crisis.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She looks kind of Valley Girl-ish here.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nice and gritty (but still cute) .

Amazing Member

Amazing art. Always loved the image of Superman breaking through chains. So nice to see Kara do it also.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The skirt outfit is pretty great here.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo_dude View Post

Amazing art. Always loved the image of Superman breaking through chains. So nice to see Kara do it also.
    I dig the cape on this one.

“Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by yolo_dude View Post

Hated the collar when Clark had it but I like it when Kara has a collar, especially how her cape is forming it here. Feels more fitting for her given she grew up as an El, a member of the Kryptonian elite, and remembers that life.

It's definitely a cape look we don't see that often.

Nice to have Kara in Action since she doesn’t have her own book at the moment.

Hopefully after Dark Crisis the Super line can relaunch. Conner we already know will get a mini as he won Round Robin. Add a Supergirl book, and relaunch Superman, but Son of Kal-El continues alongside it? That would increase the line from the current two books to five.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman