Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I just watched it.

It may just be the best Batman movie they ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Cringe worthy is Batman yelling "why you saaaid that nameeeeee" like a bumbling idiot to the audience with everyone laughing at the world`s greatest detective. Yes, sir, there are more people named Martha other than your deceased mother.

Groot speaks in 3 word sentences with Rocket being the one understanding him because it`s alien and because it`s physical comedy.

That you enjoy one over the other is fine, taste is subjective. But one works within the logic of the film and the other just makes a character who is supposed to be smart acting like he`s Jeckyl on Meth for no reason just so you could extend that wonderful "Dark Knight Returns" sequence being done, which looks obvious is what Snyder was interested the most.

Catwoman.
    I thought it was clever that they used the coincidence of both mothers being named Martha and made something out of it. Of all the female names out there it always seemed weird that both dead moms of DC's big two heroes would both have the same name. I think it was Martha Wayne who's name was originally Mary before it was changed.

Also Martha's not as common of a name as it was say seventy years ago.

I don't know why people made a big fuss out of the Martha scene. Anyone would be freaked out if this alien dude you are about to whack says "Save [Your Dead Mom's Name]". It's only as cringeworthy as Iron Man trying to kill Bucky in the climax of Civil War despite knowing fully well Bucky was brainwashed and victimized himself.

All-New Member

Just left the IMAX NYC Premiere of the film and I loved it from beginning to end. It was my second time seeing it, but today was a Lego Batman Movie day. I went to AOL Build for a panel for The LEGO Batman Movie with Will Arnett and director Chris McKay.
    I had the opportunity to ask them a question about the movie (particularly how they got away with the IRON MAN SUCKS! joke) I got a picture with

McKay inside and

Arnett right outside.

Later that evening I attended an IMAX screening through a contest I won through the IMAX FB page. Somehow it was a premiere. On my way to the bathroom, I ran back into McKay who remembered me from earlier. After the film was done, I got a chance to wish him luck on the sequel and 100% prepared for every LEGO Movie Warner Bros. is ready to throw at me.

He thanked me, and then gave me very secret information that might blow your ****ing mind.

He wants to do a LEGO Justice League Movie.

Oh I even asked about how they get away with the Password joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VAkj8TJZ8s

26:12-27:58

HERE'S My review for the movie: http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//...n-movie-review

BANNED

Cool selfies! Lego JL movie would be a lot of fun for sure.

Extraordinary Member

Iron Man 3 was def the worst the MCU has to offer. I'm still hesitant to say that any of the DCEU movies are better (and I LOVE Superman, Batman, and the JL). That said, they still do have a few movies that I'm looking forward to. If the trailers are any indication, WW and Aquaman both look great. And while I would prefer Affleck directing The Batman (seriously, The Town was one of the best American crime movies to come out the past ten years), the fact that he's involved in this at all creatively gives me hope.

That said, while I 'm probably going to end up seeing JL in the theaters, that will def be despite Snyder, not because of him (def not because of him, which is probably the same reason I'm going to skip the next Superman movie if he directs it).

Empty is thy hand!

Poorly paced, rough script, and about a half hour too long. 2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If only DCEU tried to HONOR the past instead of making their films dark, grim and real, then maybe the critics and audiences would accepted them better.
    ^This^

I just seen Lego Batman today. I loved it. Especially Alfred and Robin. Michael Ceras Robin gives me life. I wasn't overly fond of Babs though, not because of the racelift but because she seemed like a really generic strong female character.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I was hoping this movie was going to be good. I was laughing watching the previews.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I don't know why people made a big fuss out of the Martha scene. Anyone would be freaked out if this alien dude you are about to whack says "Save [Your Dead Mom's Name]". It's only as cringeworthy as Iron Man trying to kill Bucky in the climax of Civil War despite knowing fully well Bucky was brainwashed and victimized himself.
    Maybe it`s because the whole delivery is bananas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I thought it was clever that they used the coincidence of both mothers being named Martha and made something out of it. Of all the female names out there it always seemed weird that both dead moms of DC's big two heroes would both have the same name. I think it was Martha Wayne who's name was originally Mary before it was changed.

Also Martha's not as common of a name as it was say seventy years ago.
    You can`t really believe that the upror that the scene made got anything to do with the picked name being common or not. It was banked a meme because it`s a scene relying purely on "glasses fool anyone" but charged a tenfold.

The delivery was ridiculous. Stark acted like an ******* but knowing Bucky had been brainwashed several times over doesn`t naturally override in the moment knowing that one of his hits was his own father or knowing in the same reunion that Steve seemingly was already aware of it but never told him.

CW was about mistrust and for the most part there isn`t a cringe worthy delivery in the story. Most of what you can say is "why the heck was Vision there? He did nothing".

Batman`s mistrust of Superman was well made and clearly belivable, that`s not the issue. The issue was writting him a stupid fella from the second act hence.

Stark acted like an ******* but knowing Bucky had been brainwashed several times over doesn`t naturally override in the moment knowing that one of his hits was his own father or knowing in the same reunion that Steve seemingly was already aware of it but never told him.
    Plus Tony had slowly been breaking down for the last few movies. this is just what finally pushed him too far.

But anyway "Ironman sucks."

Incredible Member

Plan on seeing this Sunday afternoon. The trailers and good reviews got me pumped!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Plus Tony had slowly been breaking down for the last few movies. this is just what finally pushed him too far.

But anyway "Ironman sucks."
    hahahahah Ironman sucks.
    Also, I like to fight around.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    The movie is absolutely wonderful. It honors the comic book lore and is filled with Easter eggs and references that only people who read the comics will understand. Also, Superman fans will really dig the film as well as the big threat of the film comes from something from Superman's mythology, it was absolutely wild to be seeing what I was seeing on screen since Batman and Superman's mythologies don't always mesh well on screen (and that is not a BvS reference as I loved BvS, I mean you don't always see Batman fighting Superman's villains or using tools/devices from Superman's mythology) .

Robin is golden age Dick Grayson and I couldn't be happier. They got that character down perfect.

Not sure at all what Barbara Gordon was. I understand the need to have a strong female lead character and putting her in the role of Police commissioner worked well enough to do that but it was hard to determine if she was a love interest or "platonic coworker." Also what ethnicity was she and Jim? They both have darker skin but the same hair as their comic counterparts it threw me off.

The way they poked fun at the Joker and Batman rivalry/relationship (yes, relationship) was absolutely perfect. The entire movie is based on Batman stereotypes and is filled with meta jokes about BatGod and other Bat tropes. It was really fun to see because not all movies can be so self aware and excellent at the same time.

If you're a fan of Batman, Superman, DC, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Gremlins, and King Kong, this is the perfect movie for you. So pure and filled with heart. It really pushes the point that Batman is NOT the brooding dark figure who works alone, he's the brooding dark figure surrounded by kids who works with a team (or rather a family) to get things done. That's what Batman is and who he is.
    Yeah, this is how we felt. I liked it, my son liked it, it was good. I didn't love the Joker's voice but the Bane jokes were hilarious to me
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont