Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Gonna buy 2 copies now.
    Definitely sending a friend a copy i go get. And they better read it. (they will)
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    According to the majority of posters here, this is who Kitty Pryde should be now!

To those of you who are guests to this thread, please come to your own conclusions about the X-Men and where Marvel has decided they should head. Read Marauders #1 for yourself and decide if this is an issue that your want to support.

If, like me, you don't see anything worth supporting here, please don't. Don't buy this book. Don't mention this book in your tweets or videos. Don't give this book a moment of oxygen. More than that, reach out to Marvel and tell them what you think about their new version of the X-Men.
    "Absolutely Everything I Want in an X-Men Book": Critics React to 'Marauders' #1: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...to-marauders-1

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    "Absolutely Everything I Want in an X-Men Book": Critics React to 'Marauders' #1: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...to-marauders-1
    You know, sometimes, you are on the receiving end of such move and it's less funny…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Absolutely.
    Urban planification, access to public services, transportation systems, education, healthcare and job opportunities… They all are determining factors when identifying the degree of development a territory receive and, by extension, what supports its inhabitants are obtaining.

Also true.
    However, I never pretended that peaceful coexistence had been achieved IRL.
    It is Something we should aim for here, just as much as Something sapiens and mutants should aim for in-universe.
    To do that, you need people willing to stand and act for it. IRL, people are fighting Everyday to provoke that evolution in our societies, to see the X-Men abandonning that fight in-universe is Simply disheartening.

We'll see what kind of society Krakoa will develop over time, but if I may, it is foolish to Believe that by isolating themselves on their island, mutants will have better chance to be free them from the same syndrome that we find in real life-social structures. Morrison made it abundantly clear when contrasting the "then supermodels" X-Men with Everyday mutants like Beak or Ugly John. And before that, the exploration made of the Morlocks and other mutants who couldn't "pass" as humans.
    There will be acts of oppression and racism even between Kraked - already, we know that mutants with a certain powertype - precogs - will not be tolerated on the island of Krakoa. People tend to forget that mutants are just as humans as sapiens, and prone to the same shortcomings.

But that's the thing: Xavier is not just "believing" mutants are the future of humanity, he is acting upon it to ensure it comes to fruition - no matter what.
    That's a promise he and Magneto make to each other at the end of PoX#6.
    Also, pointing out that holding supremacist beliefs without ever acting upon them is still despicable regardless.
    The problem is that you are predicating your opinion on what is happening based off of assumptions, many of which are highly suspect or at the very least tainted by bias. You assume that the X-Men putting effort in one area means they are abandoning effort in others. Can it not be a question of priority first? You continually accuse, without evidence, that they are abandoning the notion of coexistence. Can you really condemn a group for wanting to prioritize survival over fairness? Also just to be clear, prioritizing one thing does not mean abandoning the other.

The threat to mutant-kind from humans is real and unquestionable. That is a regrettable but unquestionable fact of MU history. While it is fair to assume that not every human is an active participant, just about every government is. Prior to Krakoa, the X-Men's efforts in towards peaceful coexistence fell under the heading of community activism and exemplifying good behavior. This tactic is warm, its comforting, nonthreatening and mostly ineffective against government sanctioned genocide. What you've already seen in Krakoa is an attempt at engaging the governments in better behavior while providing a haven for those oppressed, tortured and murdered (as is still happening to mutants as shown in Marauders #1). Working on peaceful coexistence from a macro scale down is different than community based activism but it is still working towards peaceful coexistence.

As far as Xavier and his methods, he has not been shown taking direct action against anyone not threatening mutants. Until he starts attacking or taking from innocent humans there is no cause for condemning his actions. Its also somewhat disingenuous to compare him to a 'supremacist'. Unlike real world supremacists there is a difference between baseline and mutant humans. His view has always been that mutants were the children and inheritors of humanity. At no point in Hickmans run has he ever taken the stance that they need to take anything from man or to hasten the inheritance. All he, and Magneto for that matter, have done is to protect the mutants. Perhaps also be just a tad bit tired of having to protect from genocide but can anyone really blame him for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    This issue and this panel right here specifically made me like Kate a little bit more.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This issue and this panel right here specifically made me like Kate a little bit more.
    Kitty: So you think I'm predictable, eh Ms. Frost? *take that, you mutant-enslaving-s.o.b. and FU Emma!*
    Me: YAAASSSS!!! Show them, Kate!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Kitty: So you think I'm predictable, eh Ms. Frost? *take that, you mutant-enslaving-s.o.b. and FU Emma!*
    Me: YAAASSSS!!! Show them, Kate!
    Lol, Emma will probably be impressed. "It's ok Kate, you are more welcome than ever at the table of the Inner Circle, please take your rightful place as the Red Queen! Oh, and Kate, feel free to kick Sebastian as much as you like, I promise I won't mind!"
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Lol, Emma will probably be impressed. "It's ok Kate, you are more welcome than ever at the table of the Inner Circle, please take your rightful place as the Red Queen! Oh, and Kate, feel free to kick Sebastian as much as you like, I promise I won't mind!"
    Indeed.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Emma's backhanded 'compliment' was actually intentional, on her part.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    According to the majority of posters here, this is who Kitty Pryde should be now!

To those of you who are guests to this thread, please come to your own conclusions about the X-Men and where Marvel has decided they should head. Read Marauders #1 for yourself and decide if this is an issue that your want to support.

If, like me, you don't see anything worth supporting here, please don't. Don't buy this book. Don't mention this book in your tweets or videos. Don't give this book a moment of oxygen. More than that, reach out to Marvel and tell them what you think about their new version of the X-Men.
    To be fair this is the least offensive she can do. Better than maim, kicking and punching is ok

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The problem is that you are predicating your opinion on what is happening based off of assumptions, many of which are highly suspect or at the very least tainted by bias. You assume that the X-Men putting effort in one area means they are abandoning effort in others. Can it not be a question of priority first? You continually accuse, without evidence, that they are abandoning the notion of coexistence. Can you really condemn a group for wanting to prioritize survival over fairness? Also just to be clear, prioritizing one thing does not mean abandoning the other.

The threat to mutant-kind from humans is real and unquestionable. That is a regrettable but unquestionable fact of MU history. While it is fair to assume that not every human is an active participant, just about every government is. Prior to Krakoa, the X-Men's efforts in towards peaceful coexistence fell under the heading of community activism and exemplifying good behavior. This tactic is warm, its comforting, nonthreatening and mostly ineffective against government sanctioned genocide. What you've already seen in Krakoa is an attempt at engaging the governments in better behavior while providing a haven for those oppressed, tortured and murdered (as is still happening to mutants as shown in Marauders #1). Working on peaceful coexistence from a macro scale down is different than community based activism but it is still working towards peaceful coexistence.

As far as Xavier and his methods, he has not been shown taking direct action against anyone not threatening mutants. Until he starts attacking or taking from innocent humans there is no cause for condemning his actions. Its also somewhat disingenuous to compare him to a 'supremacist'. Unlike real world supremacists there is a difference between baseline and mutant humans. His view has always been that mutants were the children and inheritors of humanity. At no point in Hickmans run has he ever taken the stance that they need to take anything from man or to hasten the inheritance. All he, and Magneto for that matter, have done is to protect the mutants. Perhaps also be just a tad bit tired of having to protect from genocide but can anyone really blame him for that?
    I could eat this post with a spoon. Deliciously stated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I could eat this post with a spoon. Deliciously stated.
    it is very tasty, do you think it needs sprinkles or is it enough as it is?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good grief, I still can't believe folks are upset over Kitty acting like a jerk while she's on a pirate kick of all things.

So she roughed up a few a-holes who deserved far worse. Not exactly a Moral Event Horizon.

I don't understand it either. And I'm someone who really doesn't like the new status quo. Its a weird thing to be upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't understand it either. And I'm someone who really doesn't like the new status quo. Its a weird thing to be upset about.
    Kitty is romantisized as the cute Jewish girl next door who once ran screaming when Storm got a mohawk.

Not a lot of room for edgy with that interpretation.

(Personally, I don't care either way.)

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Kitty is romantisized as the cute Jewish girl next door who once ran screaming when Storm got a mohawk.

Not a lot of room for edgy with that interpretation.

(Personally, I don't care either way.)
    She was kid at that time.