Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman villain: how would you fix him/her: Superwoman

Based on AmiMizuno's recent threads.

I think it's a disservice to Diana to have her Earth-3 counterpart dependant on other heroes' mythologies. How would you handle an mirror universe version of Wonder Woman?

Long ago, the Amazons invaded Olympus and turned the pantheon into their slaves. In retaliation for millenia of enslavement, the goddesses placed an enchantment on Olympus, turning it into a prison. A plan to escape was hatched: The Warchief Hippolyte would drug her cupbearer Zeus and bear a demigod, who would be able to breach the prison and break the enchantment. Raised as a simple tool, Hippolyte's nameless demigod daughter learned the Amazons planned to enslave her after she freed them from Olympus. When the time came, the demigod daughter killed her father and the other gods on Olympus, escaped, and slammed the gate behind her. The world denied to the Amazons would be hers alone to do with as she wished.

Upon arriving in America, she chose the name Wicked Woman after father's dying words: "You are just like your terrible mother and her Amazons... like my sisters and daughters who locked us away with them... you are nothing but another wicked... woman... ".

I LOVE Superwoman as a villain and think she's criminally underused and undervalued in the Wonder rogues gallery.

I definitely agree that she needs to be revamped to remove Morrison's stamp of her assuming the Lois Lane identity from his Earth 2 story that Johns pretty much used too more recently. The animated Crisis on Two Earths, while a fun depiction, needs to be jettisoned too because it essentially makes her Shazam.

It angers me that creators find the Wonder mythos so lacking that they can't even utilize a twisted version Diana's origins in the development of her doppelgänger. I want an end to that treatment for the character.

I'm going to think some more about how I'd portray her - I had to get my annoyance at how she's been developed out first.

I actually have several ideas because there is so much they could do with and I don't like the name Superwoman, it sounds like a gender flip version of Superman which is another universe in DC, Earth-11:

Boring B*tch - A weak and ugly woman goes to Circe and askes to make her strong and beautiful but the spell comes with a price, the lost of her emotions and cares.

Beautiful Babe - The socialite daughter of the US President forces scientist to turn her into a super soldier who uses her power into becoming a n attention seeking "super hero"

Wicked Woman - Daughter of Hades who goes around the world causing Death and has no emotion towards humans.

Madame Manslaughter - Daughter of Ares and Athena who had aligns herself with the Nazis and proclaim herself to be the Goddess of Nazis

Battle Broad - Circe loses her magical powers and becomes an Amazon only to betray them and steal their divine energy so she can get one step further to getting her powers back and revenge on the Gods who her powers away.

Grim Girl - The daughter of Paula Von Gunther who is experimented on by her mother with occult magic and is transformed into a disturbed vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I LOVE Superwoman as a villain and think she's criminally underused and undervalued in the Wonder rogues gallery.

I definitely agree that she needs to be revamped to remove Morrison's stamp of her assuming the Lois Lane identity from his Earth 2 story that Johns pretty much used too more recently. The animated Crisis on Two Earths, while a fun depiction, needs to be jettisoned too because it essentially makes her Shazam.

It angers me that creators find the Wonder mythos so lacking that they can't even utilize a twisted version Diana's origins in the development of her doppelgänger. I want an end to that treatment for the character.

I'm going to think some more about how I'd portray her - I had to get my annoyance at how she's been developed out first.
    We are of one mind, my friend!!

You stated everything perfectly.

They need to show Superwoman as the beautiful but super-powerful and clever woman that she is, not make her a joke or underling. She has all of WW's traits, just twisted to the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I actually have several ideas because there is so much they could do with and I don't like the name Superwoman, it sounds like a gender flip version of Superman which is another universe in DC, Earth-11:

Boring B*tch - A weak and ugly woman goes to Circe and askes to make her strong and beautiful but the spell comes with a price, the lost of her emotions and cares.

Beautiful Babe - The socialite daughter of the US President forces scientist to turn her into a super soldier who uses her power into becoming a n attention seeking "super hero"

Wicked Woman - Daughter of Hades who goes around the world causing Death and has no emotion towards humans.

Madame Manslaughter - Daughter of Ares and Athena who had aligns herself with the Nazis and proclaim herself to be the Goddess of Nazis

Battle Broad - Circe loses her magical powers and becomes an Amazon only to betray them and steal their divine energy so she can get one step further to getting her powers back and revenge on the Gods who her powers away.

Grim Girl - The daughter of Paula Von Gunther who is experimented on by her mother with occult magic and is transformed into a disturbed vampire.
    we could use them all

We could use Diana's original Superhero name? The reason for them abandoning it because it sound more like a villain's name

Astonishing Member

The Amazons had terrorized the ancient Mediterranean world. Their war leader Hippolyta had even attracted the attention of Zeus, God of War. She bore him a daughter, Diana. Unfortunately Hippolyta killed Zeus' favored son, Hercules in the belief that killing the Prince of Olympus would open the way for Diana to become next-in-line for the throne of the Gods. This led to Hippolyta and her Amazons being banished to a brutal island cut off from the rest of society. It was here that Diana grew to age in a society where every Amazon secretly wanted the girl killed for her connections to the hated Olympians, for her role in the banishment, or simply in hopes of becoming Hippolyta's successor. And it was from here that Diana escaped (after defeating her mother's own bid to escape).

Diana craves the power to avenge herself on the Olympians and alternates between plans of releasing the Amazons to overthrow this new world she finds herself in and schemes for returning to the island to settle old scores using outside resources (tech or magic).

Even her fellow Crime Syndicate members fear crossing Myth Marvelle

I concur with Ami. I think WW's original name of Suprema would be very fitting for Superwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post

If Boring B*tch can't be another identity for Superwoman, then can it at least be another villain entirely, because the name itself is too good to waste lol
    I can see the potential comedy mined from Diana struggling with calling another woman a b*tch. A writer could probably go deep with the idea of a woman choosing to call herself that, too.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I'm curious why not have her instead of using Lois Lane why not let her use Diana Prince Id? Why not have her be solo villains because she is just that powerful since her and the Amazons killed the Gods she is the most powerful of the Amazons. She uses Ares power to spread war and then beings anyone she kills just to find a more twisted way to kill them. She only joins the evil JL when she wants to

Yes, I never liked the latest version where Superwoman took the name Lois Lane. She is Diana of Damnation Island known as Superwoman. Nothing to do with the Superman mythos.

My fave Superwoman in actually Prime Earth. Lucy Lane! More of a Supergirl villain than WW though.

Someone needs to recognize Superwoman's potential and use her as a great villainess for WW.

I can't think of anything at the moment other than not calling her Superwoman or Lois.

Astonishing Member

I actually think the dark Lois etc... works BUT make it a LIE. She was never actually Lois Lane until she killed her and assumed her identity so she could "steal" her ability of investigation"

Diana is all about TRUTH. So instead make all of Superwoman's stories LIES she concocts to confuse and throw everyone off her tail, with only Owlman possibly knowing her real origin.

Super Vision? "Haha, people really don't realize I killed Hephaestus and took his volcanic vision".

And I do like the idea she has an ability to steal people's powers or skills.