Page 328 of 590 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 8841
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I think Marvel would be willing to sacrifice that. Considering they skipped the Hawkeye and Mockingbird ship, the Quicksilver and Crystal ship, and the Ronan and Crystal ship, etc.
    None of those ships are as important as Storm and Black Panther, no offense. Having Storm and Black Panther on screen together and in love is what people in the black community who know about this pairing have been waiting for. I don't think they would be willing to sacrifice that, especially when they can make money off it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    None of those ships are as important as Storm and Black Panther, no offense. Having Storm and Black Panther on screen together and in love is what people in the black community who know about this pairing have been waiting for. I don't think they would be willing to sacrifice that, especially when they can make money off it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm sick of WAITING. Recast Alexandra and lets get this going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree about the contrived part. If the X-Men are to be integrated into the MCU there needs to be SOME explanation for the appearance of mutants. I HATE the Ultimate Universe "created by Weapon X" crap, and don't want ANY iteration of that in the films (especially because you just KNOW they'll end up being Stark Tech. In fact I'm still surprised they haven't confirmed the spider that bit Peter was Stark Tech). I like mutants as a natural evolution of mankind, as it sets them apart from other empowered characters.

But that means you need to explain how they could have existed for so long and not been noticed.

Honestly, I think the best way to do it is some sort of Secret Wars-style incursion. Let the Fox-Verse continue to run while the MCU finishes out its current plans through Infinity War II or whatever they'll be calling it, and save that for the next "big" event. Then the MCU can have its reality rewritten integrate mutants from the beginning, while using the stuff that works from Deadpool, the core series, New Mutants, and the other solos and soft rebooting the rest.
    You seriously need to stop with that stupid assumption. And I shouldn't explain why it's a stupid assumption.

I'm sick of WAITING. Recast Alexandra and lets get this going.

I can't wait for the recast!!!! we may finally get the storm us fans deserve to see on film!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Wolverine has always been popular. ...
    Right? As the comics & cartoon BEFORE the movies, have clearly shown, and proven. To claim otherwise, is a complete fallacy.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

1. his star power is the result from his wolverine role. as I've already stated Fox saw this and profited from him but ensuring the movies revolved around his character.

2. It very much did affect her inclusion on a story level. When was Mystique an actual xman in 616? When has Mystique ever been as popular as Jean, Ororo and Rogue? Why would a villian have more development than actual heroes? It is because a big star in fox eyes was attached to the character.
    1. Yet he has never been a real Box Office draw. People loved the character not the actor.

2. Yes, Mystique has a been a X-Man in the 616. And this all started before Jlaw’s rise to fame.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-09-2018 at 11:24 PM.

1. Yet he has never been a real Box Office draw. People loved the character not the actor.

2. Mystique has a been a X-Man in the 616. And this all started before Jlaw’s rise to fame.
    1. if he didn't bring the character to life and give the people something to love the interest in wolverine would have never materialized.

2. When was Mystique a member of the xmen on or above the level of storm and Phoenix in 616??

BANNED

Hugh Jackman notwithstanding, X-fans have ALWAYS been bitchin' 'bout too much Wolverine, long as I can remember & LONG... before the movies. What happened with the films, is just an eXtension of that, IMO. Not sayin' it's right or wrong, just sayin'. But personally, just to set the record straight, I would prefer a more balanced approach where each & every character gets their due.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Hugh Jackman notwithstanding, X-fans have ALWAYS been bitchin' 'bout too much Wolverine, long as I can remember & LONG... before the movies. What happened with the films, is just an eXtension of that, IMO. Not sayin' it's right or wrong, just sayin'. But personally, just to set the record straight, I would prefer a more balanced approach where each & every character gets their due.
    agreed. I wouldn't have issue with wolverine if fox had handled the characters as you described and that didn't happen unfortunately. but Fox's time is up. they had their chance and now it's time to say goodbye.

No, Huge Jackman was a nobody when they casted him. Film makers have explicitly stated it was because the character was popular.

JLaw was also casted when she was a nobody and DOFP was development while she was still a nobody.
    Definitely agree about Hugh.

Jennifer is this odd grey area where she wasn’t really famous when she was cast and if I were to guess Mystique was probably made as important as she was in First Class because Mystique in the original trilogy was popular so they figured why not expand the character. However, after she became the JLaw phenomenon we know her as now, things gradually mutated (pun intended) into “we have to make Mystique as central as possible to take advantage of JLaw‘s fame,” then finally the imfamous “Blue Katniss” stage.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 01-10-2018 at 12:04 AM.

BANNED

agreed. I wouldn't have issue with wolverine if fox had handled the characters as you described and that didn't happen unfortunately. but Fox's time is up. they had their chance and now it's time to say goodbye.
    Yes, it certainly will be interesting to see what transpires, and how things unfold. I have a feelin' tho, that no matter what, there's still gonna be fans that aren't happy. Whether it be character & casting choices, costumes, storylines, what have you, it's just impossible to please everybody, at the end of the day.

But yeah, a more even-handed team approach, wherein ALL characters get a chance to shine & show what they're made of... is the way to go, what we want, we NEED... and DESERVE, after all these years. Then, and only then, may the true healing begin... of the still-open wounds, left behind by the atrocity that was The Last Stand.

DizMar isn't perfect either, as they already have some less desirables in their MCU catalog, too. There's pros & cons to everything, the key here is to just have more of the former, and a WHOLE lot less of the latter.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-10-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Why would black people want the most iconic black superheroine overshadowed by a (soon to be) more iconic superhero? That's kind of like Superman/Wonder Woman or Batman/Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why would black people want the most iconic black superheroine overshadowed by a (soon to be) more iconic superhero? That's kind of like Superman/Wonder Woman or Batman/Wonder Woman.
    Agreed, the LAST thing they need to do, is marry her off in the movies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    tchalla could never overshadow ororo if she is written properly. I think the character can be introduced in a black panther film similar to how ww was introduced in bvs. this could then be followed by a solo movie to further explore her character to prevent any concerns such as the one you presented.