Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We could use Diana's original Superhero name? The reason for them abandoning it because it sound more like a villain's name
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I concur with Ami. I think WW's original name of Suprema would be very fitting for Superwoman.
    Oh, I forgot about that name:
    Suprema - A warrior who is so obsessed with fighting and competition that she challenged and killed every one of her fellow Amazons and after that Ares told her of the outside world and theres many other stronger beings that will challenge her.

Isn't the name "Suprema" owned by Image?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Isn't the name "Suprema" owned by Image?
    Not just that, but it is okay for, and a fine idea for Diana's evil counterpart from a different earth to have a different name. Same as Power Girl is the E-2 Supergirl with her own origin, name costume!

Weirdly, I've been thinking about it last few days and I don't have a clear vision regarding an origin of sorts for Superwoman. It's frustrating me, because I think the character has a ton of potential.

I'm for sticking with the Superwoman moniker for the sake of nostalgia and how it works with Ultraman and Owlman and other CSA members codenames.

I like that she originates from Damnation Island from the Silver Age (I think) origin, but my creativity isn't firing like it should to provide her a topsy turvy, reversed origin - kind of like what they've done with Ultraman. The idea about her being about lies and deception is excellent. I'd love to see her as the ultimate strategist and always five steps ahead of Ultraman and two steps ahead of Owlman in her manipulations.

Loving reading everyone else's ideas!

Why can't you use the Superwoman name? On the alternate universe, why couldn't evil Diana have used it for her own set of characters, leaving Ultraman for him? As opposed to Good Diana wanting everyone to live in peace, Evil Diana wants to rule, using the name for herself.

Having her be Lois Lane was dumb, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Weirdly, I've been thinking about it last few days and I don't have a clear vision regarding an origin of sorts for Superwoman. It's frustrating me, because I think the character has a ton of potential.

I'm for sticking with the Superwoman moniker for the sake of nostalgia and how it works with Ultraman and Owlman and other CSA members codenames.

I like that she originates from Damnation Island from the Silver Age (I think) origin, but my creativity isn't firing like it should to provide her a topsy turvy, reversed origin - kind of like what they've done with Ultraman. The idea about her being about lies and deception is excellent. I'd love to see her as the ultimate strategist and always five steps ahead of Ultraman and two steps ahead of Owlman in her manipulations.

Loving reading everyone else's ideas!
    My thinking is that evil Diana (yes, Diana, not Lois, lol), as Superwoman, was the strongest Amazon on Damnation Island. But unlike WW, whom everyone loved on Paradise Island, on Damnation Island everyone hated Superwoman. However, as an inverse-reversed world, all Amazons on DI were violent, war-like women who were always battling each other for superiority. Superwoman won. She left the island, never to return (later version has her killing every Amazon before leaving).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Why can't you use the Superwoman name? On the alternate universe, why couldn't evil Diana have used it for her own set of characters, leaving Ultraman for him? As opposed to Good Diana wanting everyone to live in peace, Evil Diana wants to rule, using the name for herself.

Exactly. I high-five you, Capt!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-10-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Yes to Superwoman and no to Lois Lane. I'm so in agreement with you Capt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    My thinking is that evil Diana (yes, Diana, not Lois, lol), as Superwoman, was the strongest Amazon on Damnation Island. But unlike WW, whom everyone loved on Paradise Island, on Damnation Island everyone hated Superwoman. However, as an inverse-reversed world, all Amazons on DI were violent, war-like women who were always battling each other for superiority. Superwoman won. She left the island, never to return (later version has her killing every Amazon before leaving).
    That's interesting Phoenix... An idea bopping around in my head from your post is evil Diana is still the champion of the evil Amazons in a contest brought by the gods for them to leave the island, but it's not to help mankind, but for them to literally leave an island that's damned with monsters and unspeakable evils. Life there is not fun and deadly and she just takes the opportunity and leaves her sisters there to rot, thinking only of herself.

Occasionally, one or two Amazons might escape to exact revenge on her, making them adversaries on Earth 3 in their own right. Perhaps evil Diana also has the means to transport her other enemies to the island as well. Kind of a twisted take on Wonder Woman's Transformation Island or similar to Superman's Phantom Zone... Hmmm...

Since some the Earth 3 counterparts have different names/identities than their regular doppelgängers, I'm also toying with a name change to Selene or Artemis, being another moon-related Greek goddess name. I kind of like Selene...maybe Selene King is her version of Diana Prince. (It definitely isn't going to be Lois Lane in take.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 01-10-2018 at 03:57 PM.

I really like your addition to my beginning, Scott!

Your idea of other Island Amazons is also good.maybe have a few at most. I had been thinking of Nubia and somehow adding her own into the mix.

Theres already a Superwoman on Earth-11, the gender flip version of Superman, plus I think Wonder Woman counterpart's name should be something we don't hear often, also I just don't like the name for a Crime Syndicate member.

But this Superwoman came out in1964, decades, if not years before the E-11 gender flip universe.

Plus, this Superwoman originally was shown without her "Bracelets of Submission" which should have elevated her above WW's strength level.

In one comic, Superwoman decks Superman, and states that she is not only as strong as he is, but stronger.

Yeah, she gets to keep the Superwoman name.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    we could use them all
    The Legion of Alternate Reality Evil Wonder Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The Legion of Alternate Reality Evil Wonder Women!
    Ahaha. Quite true, Alan.

And don't forget the evil WW who looked just like our WW, including the costume. She had an evil grin/glare. She challenged our Diana, and only by turning into a girl did our WW escape her evil clutches!