Was I right or what

The dark days are over

Fantastic Four are back!
    Uncanny X-Men is back!
    Cyclops is back!
    Wolverine is back!
    Bendis is gone!

What a time to be alive!
    Haven't bought/read the new FF or Uncanny yet. Worth a look?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes and no, respectively. I recommend waiting for Age of X-Man: Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    F4- Yes.

For Uncanny I’d suggest waiting until this Month’s Annual (About Cyclops returning) and read from there- #11 is Scott rerecruiting a Team, including Logan- and Age of X-Man Alpha which will have Jean and Most of the Big Names
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Was I right or what

The dark days are over

Fantastic Four are back!
    Uncanny X-Men is back!
    Cyclops is back!
    Wolverine is back!
    Bendis is gone!

What a time to be alive!
    The irony is that the last time the X-Line was in real good shape and interesting was when Bendis was there.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The irony is that the last time the X-Line was in real good shape and interesting was when Bendis was there.
    Eh.... The O5 was bendis and they overstayed their welcome, I’m far happier with the current X-Line than Bendis Era
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Yep.

While I hate to look at the "X" corner of things and say "Looks like this will remain a directionless mess...", that's how it looks right now.

BANNED

When Bendis was there, people couldn't stop talking about how terrible it was. Now it's "remember how good the X-line was with Bendis?"

Nothing changes with X-fans. Whatever's going on, whoever's writing the books at the time, it's regarded as a total sh*t show, the worst indignity the mutants have ever endured.

Then time passes, and suddenly, no - things were great then, it's the books right now that are the worst!

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Bendis’s run WAS what kickstarted the directionless mess that is the X-Corner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Eh.... The O5 was bendis and they overstayed their welcome, I’m far happier with the current X-Line than Bendis Era
    I liked the beginning of Bendis' X-run much more than the end but I agree that the X-line is in better shape now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I liked the beginning of Bendis' X-run much more than the end but I agree that the X-line is in better shape now.
    At Least Now We Have ALL the Iconic Characters Alive again- Adult Jean is back after 14 Years, Logan is back to being the Best There Is at What He Does, Scott is Alive again (hopefully to be redeemed after Death of X character assassinated him) and Xavier is... About
    Pull List:

I'm not a cabal of old X-Fans. When Bendis was on the X-Books, he brought big new ideas, the line had one of Marvel's best editors, it had many of their best artists, and it had a great aesthetic. It came out swinging with a lot of momentum that petered out after Secret Wars when Marvel put probably their weakest modern editor on the entire line and made a bunch of poor decisions, leading to that momentum then halting completely with the 2017 relaunch. An era with truly no direction, nostalgia pandering, poor planning, and editorial interference. I'm not even that big of a Brian fan. I guess I'm a Nick Lowe fan.

anyway marvel will never return to greatness because there is no higher greatness to return to, the line always has great things and cool things and lame things, year in and year out

BANNED

I'm not a cabal of old X-Fans. When Bendis was on the X-Books, he brought big new ideas, the line had one of Marvel's best editors, it had many of their best artists, and it had a great aesthetic. It came out swinging with a lot of momentum that petered out after Secret Wars when Marvel put probably their weakest modern editor on the entire line and made a bunch of poor decisions, leading to that momentum then halting completely with the 2017 relaunch. An era with truly no direction, nostalgia pandering, poor planning, and editorial interference. I'm not even that big of a Brian fan. I guess I'm a Nick Lowe fan.
    I'm a Nick Lowe fan, too. I liked his stewardship of the X-books and he's been killing it on the Spider-line.

I enjoyed Bendis' run, even if I felt it dribbled to a conclusion, but calling the current books "directionless" is an unfounded complaint.

We've had Jean, Logan, Scott and Xaiver all return - in storylines that clearly had a vision of eventually bringing these iconic characters back to the forefront of the line.

We've also seen the soon-to-be solo Uncanny writer build up to his run with three minis - New Mutants, Multiple Man and Astonishin X-Men - that laid the groundwork for his team well before anyone even knew he was heading to Uncanny.

And we finally had a storyline in Extermination that wrapped up the long - too long - hanging storyline with the O5.

So lately, we've seen a great deal of focus, advance planning and examples of writers and editors playing the long game. Not "directionless" at all.

And if we're going to toss out the "nostalgia pandering" card, Bendis' run was the far bigger culprit in that regard as bringing back the O5 from the past was ALL about nostalgia.

BANNED

anyway marvel will never return to greatness because there is no higher greatness to return to, the line always has great things and cool things and lame things, year in and year out
    This I very much agree with!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People forgetting that when Bendis was around you were still getting other books like Uncanny Avengers, Wood's X-Men and Ultimate X-Men. Sucks Logan died though.

So yeah Snoop is right with the "Bendis" era thing.