218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 619 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Bleeding cool confirmed/possibly spoiled what we already knew:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-man-spoilers/
    The world celebrates nothing new but it is very sad .

Sometimes have to say that agree with Magneto.

On the other hand by now they should know that X-mens do not die so easily.

I hope that Uncanny X-Men can get back on track after ten issues of nothing. Hope to see Cyclops and Emma Frost reunite.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Like it or not, there were 38 years of X-Men stories before Morrison's run, and they're still in continuity.

I think about half of the X-Men stories since 1997 have been mediocre to crap, but they're still in continuity. The canon is what it is.
    Yup. I really don't get how this is open to interpretation. X-Men stories that still effect continuity today in a big way like the PS\DPS, The Twelve, Inferno, X-Cutioner's Song, Eve of Destruction and so many more, all came before Morrison. Even removing the broader context of these story's impact on the X-men, there impact on Scott specifically can't be overstated. If you don't know these stories, understanding his evolution and his context within the X-Men isn't really possible.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Further supporting my theory that a lot of anti-Jott sentiment has little to do with the couple itself and more to do with dislike of Jott shippers.
    Are we really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No, he returned at the end of Extermination(or maybe even before that, as the dialogue implies). And Disassembled takes place after Extermination. He's been back for quite some time, no matter how you look at it.
    To be fair, we really have no idea what we were seeing at the end of Extermination. Kid Cable's a time traveler. The simple explanation is he jumped to the past, which also has the benefit of explaining why Scott's fashion sense devolved by about 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I hope that Uncanny X-Men can get back on track after ten issues of nothing. Hope to see Cyclops and Emma Frost reunite.
    Kind of looking forward to that myself. If it happens in Uncanny that will be Rosenberg's first shake at the two of them on panel correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    To be fair, we really have no idea what we were seeing at the end of Extermination. Kid Cable's a time traveler. The simple explanation is he jumped to the past, which also has the benefit of explaining why Scott's fashion sense devolved by about 15 years.
    But would not that change the future?

The only answer is that going back to the past Cable somehow deceived everyone (again) by making them believe that Cyclops had died.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Some of these are just too good.

Attachment 76910
    You basically have to go to literal hellscapes like Berserk to find people who won't insta-lose to Scott when it comes to comparing trauma, lol.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Bleeding cool confirmed/possibly spoiled what we already knew:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-man-spoilers/
    Didn't really start thinking about this until around Secret Empire and Nazi Cap, but Marvel Earth reminds me so much of a high school in an amine where the popular kids are basically dictators and everyone else goes right along with them just because. I know the tagline is "hated and feared," but geez...

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Didn't really start thinking about this until around Secret Empire and Nazi Cap, but Marvel Earth reminds me so much of a high school in an amine where the popular kids are basically dictators and everyone else goes right along with them just because. I know the tagline is "hated and feared," but geez...
    Captain America having that unique magical power outside of the superhero community, and to an extent inside of it as well, was the biggest problem with the character. So SE deconstructing that was great. For the mootiez though, I like this idea that any progress during the Gold era was actually just a huge "nah JK" from humanity.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    But would not that change the future?

The only answer is that going back to the past Cable somehow deceived everyone (again) by making them believe that Cyclops had died.
    It would change the future, but that's kind of the whole point isn't it. All I'm really saying is that we have nothing concrete to speculate on Scott's return to life or avoidance of death based on that one panel alone, besides the simplest conclusion that Kid Cable was talking to a past version of Scott. We don't even know for sure if this will be directly linked to his return in Uncanny. It was literally a nothing reveal since it would have been a simple matter for him to visit Scott at any point in the past for any number of reasons.

You basically have to go to literal hellscapes like Berserk to find people who won't insta-lose to Scott when it comes to comparing trauma, lol.
    Said in jest I'm sure but there's a number of X-Men who would give Scott a run for his title of "most traumatized". Jean, Logan, Illyana, Rachel and Warren are all valid choices IMO. The difference with Scott, and one of the reasons I'm such a fan is that those traumas actually developed Scott. Logan and Jean just seem to bounce back to a steady state while Warren, Rachel and Illyana's trauma's always seem to be their original trauma running on repeat with minor variations. I may not always appreciate how Scott's been developed, but this man grows through pain, lots of it and in lots of different ways, which is relatively unique among X-Men.

BANNED

You don't have to go that far

Well, Steve is an actual authority figure, so that's not unexpected. Scott too for that matter, which explains why he was essentially the uncontested leaders of mutantkind for years. I'm not sure I'd lump Steve and Scott into the "popular kids" category...

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Is okay, I have never found someone to actually speak or have a conversation about my views. All I find are hardcore jott shippers who are stuck in pre Morrison time or hardcore Scremma shippers who hate Jean.

I want Marvel to actually bother with Jean and Scott if they are to comeback because if they don't, Morrison run will keep being used.
    This happens because people read a post and only comment on one thing that the poster might have said and ignore 80% of the post. They feel the need to defend jott or scemma.

I get your point, For someone like you who has no attachment to Jott their relationship might feel force because you began reading comics at Morrion time, when Scott and Jean where not a their best. I get it Marvel would have to try and explainn their love, but for a Jott fan all Marvel has to do is tell a cheap scene and we get it. I think this is the problem Marvel has more then the cheap affair. A relationship with Jean would make it feel force and you would feel like Scott is moving backwards instead of forward with his life.

Not everyone is going to have time and read old comics about Scott and Jean or the money to do so. Their best bet is to keep them apart and come up with a good story to get them back with out drama. The drama would be a distraction to someone like you and instead of becoming a fan is just fire as to why they should not be together. You would not understand the drama the same way as a Jott shipper would. Sadly Marvel lacks and fails at telling great love stories. With Jean being in a relationship with some else it would feel like deja vu and Morrison all over again with Jean being more into some one then Scott. Them getting back together would feel force after that, but for Jott shippers it would just be that their love won the fight.
    There will be no easy way to help sell Jott to new readers. Marvel lazyness can not be bother with it.

As a old Jott shipper I can tell you that my view on old comics before Morrison might be different then yours if you ever get the chance to read them. Like you I want to see Scott happy and moving on. If Jean is with someone then give Scott someone else. I'm a Cyclops fan i like Jott because it had Scott. Not a Jean fan (this happen thanks to her fans last year) so her life in comics has not interested or lasting affect on me. However when it come to Scott she was a big part of it. What we forget is that life is in the past and it was sweet.

I am just happy right now that he is back and a few more days to find out what he has been doing all this time. I keep counting the days everytime I wake up I say one less day xD I think that is a bit of a obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Scott: So you are a king now?
    Emma: Yes would you like to be my queen?
    Scott: No I want to be the knight.
    Emma: A knight and a King kinky even better.
    Scott: what... No.. That is not what I meant... Why are you changing to a guy?
    Emma: * walking into the room and see Christian talking to Scott and moving closer to him.* wtf..