Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I still remember the last episode. Extremely depressing, but it's definitely an ending all right.
    Pretty sure Dinosaurs is one of (if not the only) sitcoms that has a finale that can be literally summed up as "And then everyone died. The end."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pretty sure Dinosaurs is one of (if not the only) sitcoms that has a finale that can be literally summed up as "And then everyone died. The end."
    I actually never got the chance to see the Finale.

Dinosaurs: The Making of TV’s Saddest, Strangest Sitcom Finale
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    i remember watching that as a kid. damn depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i remember watching that as a kid. damn depressing.
    I had blocked the episode from memory until I read the article. God, that was dark.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

While it's not quite "everybody dies, the end" like Dinosaurs, the british sitcom One Foot in the Grave tended to have tackle some darker elements, including it's ending.

For those that don't know, the series is about Victor and Margaret Meldrew, an old retired couple who deal with various antics after Victor is forced to retire from work due to his old age. The get into all kinds of humerous shenanigans, and then in the final episode spoilers:
    Victor is killed in a hit-and-run accident, and the entire episode is Margaret dealing with the loss of her husband. It's then revealed that the driver that killed Victor is one of their friends and how Margaret deals with this is left open-ended, but one possibility is that she poisons the friend and leaves them to die.
    end of spoilers

Then it ends.

Playing Ghosts of Tsushima. On act 2 right now. Damn Ryuzo stabbing Sakai in the back like that, and going with Kabul Khan, and his army.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Cleric commission. did it in greys because it felt appropriate.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Cleric commission. did it in greys because it felt appropriate.

Wicked awesome!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Glad it is to your liking! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Playing Ghosts of Tsushima. On act 2 right now. Damn Ryuzo stabbing Sakai in the back like that, and going with Kabul Khan, and his army.
    i can understand why he did it but still a douche move on ryuzo's part.

Extraordinary Member

I have now read through the Dragon Ball Multiverse web comic, earlier comments in this thread had me curious.

I think it's a fun comic with a basic premise that still allows for some creative takes on familiar characters and their settings. My favourite alternate universes being 3 with it's surprisingly oddball cast collection of Bardock, Tapion, Dr. Raichi and King Piccolo, and 9 (the one where the humans are actually cool). The premise allows for some fun dream style match-ups and gives a number of characters some time to shine (I wish Gohan got this much respect in Super). It can be darker and more brutal than regular Dragon Ball, which is a bit jarring at times but it's never gone so far that it felt entirely out of place.

Which brings us to Majin Bra.

I don't think she's that bad guys. Spoiler tags here just in case somebody is currently reading the web comic.

spoilers:
    Granted, I don't know at what pace the comic has been updating so her rampage might've streched out a bit longer if you were reading it as the comic updated. For me it was a quick read which probably made it somewhat more palpable. But even beyond that I don't think that her part of the story is bad. She's always been portrayed as a brat eager for a fight and to prove her own strength and to surpass her father, and as the story goes it becomes clear that all these trait are taken to an extreme and unhealthy degree with her. She's not a stable person. Then combine that with her immense strength, which is established to be just a few steps below some of the strongest characters in the story. So when Babidi takes her over it makes sense that she kinda loses it and is able to brutalize everybody that step up to fight her (because Babidi was smart enough to remove everybody else stronger than her from the arena and Buu is a massive troll).

In the same way it makes sense that the one to ultimately stop her is an alternate version of herself that is her opposite. A version of herself who is so weak that she wouldn't be a bump in the road for Bra, but who is also emotionally stable and has a much better relationship with her family and friends (she also hasn't blown up a plant with a large population so that's another point in that Bra's favour). So it makes sense that when this inarguably better version of herself calls out Bra's weakness and how she's fucked up (and the comic does make it very clear that fucked up) she just crumbles and loses all will to fight, and then declares that her new role model is this other Bra instead of Vegito.

Now, I can understand how a lot of people probably wanted somebody to beat the crap out of her and telling her off after she went on a murder rampage. But I honestly don't think that would've been as interesting.

And is she easily forgiven? Yeah, kinda. But it's not the first time that happens in Dragon Ball. Vegeta is the most classical example and we all know how often he's been an absolute horror and been forgiven, to a point. Hell, in Super Goku and Vegeta have Freiza to run around the universe again doing whatever he wants. And that's Freiza, the genocidal space tyrant who laughs in delight as he blows up planets full of people. Instead of nuking the crap out him they've let him rebuild his forces. I'd say that worse than what's going on with Bra here. Granted you might not like this trait in general in the series and that's understandable. I personally don't think Bra's case is that bad and we've yet to see how all of the other characters she murdered will treat her after this, I'm interested in that.
    end of spoilers

That said, I don't think it's all presented perfectly or anything. I'm not entirely sure about the specifics for the deactivation of the Majin symbol and how it worked here. But the story overall did what it wanted to so far I'd say. This is just my take of course. I'm not saying that you have to like it or should have the same opinion. Just wanted to share.

I'm glad Dabura got revenge on Babidi, but I was a disappointed that Fu wasn't in the big demon family reunion at the end there. And while it was probably done for expediency's sake, Buu being a massive quick fix for everything was annoying. I hope XXI kicks his ass in the next round.

Since there’s various art things being shared, today I came across the faux-heraldic shield-crest-thingy I scribbled together a few years back for when a group of my theatrical friends and I were planning to start doing a D&D game (and some degree of pizza eating) on YouTube... which then totally never happened, although we continued to play and we’re now ironically watching each other play from the other end of a Zoom chat.

D6224AFF-89F8-4B03-9CD5-3931C1F206D4.jpg

Remember when Tabletop RPGs on an actual tabletop with friends and pizza was a real thing? Good times.

(And yes, those scribbled D6s intentionally have 7 spots on each face.)

the subjects of my next video, herne stoneground and jonne.

My competition is next week. Time to see how strong I really am.

Also I’m glad to see some Sakamoto readers.