Page 33 of 135 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Some Flash Forward stuff :

- Brett Booth will make an exclusive cover for the TPB edition.

- Flash Forward will have an extended conclusion in The Flash #750.

- This extended conclusion will have extended pages in the Generation Zero FCBD.

Yes, it does sound like DLC in comics.
    Looking forward to that new cover by Brett Booth.

Them extending Wallys story with Gen Zero and now them expanding the Wally story even more in the FCBD special could maybe mean that Flash Forward was an actual success and DC is actually smart enough to take advantage of that?

Or is that just a bunch of wishful thinking?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Them extending Wallys story with Gen Zero and now them expanding the Wally story even more in the FCBD special could maybe mean that Flash Forward was an actual success and DC is actually smart enough to take advantage of that?

Wishful thinking.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

You are Charlie Brown going after the football that Lucy is holding
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Let's address the elephant in the room:

1- How old are these kids? Is this going to be Arisia situation where they are 5 years old but have the body of 12?

2- Where do we put them? Clearly Wallace has to be put somewhere. We will have either two Impulses or two Kid Flashes. How's that gonna work out?

Questions questions....I'm not happy with this, clearly.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Well, Flash Forward sells nearly as much as Williamson’s Flash, so, indeed, it would be smart to capitalize on this story. And the reception was really good.

But we’re talking about Wally West. You never know with DC and Barry's bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

1- How old are these kids? Is this going to be Arisia situation where they are 5 years old but have the body of 12?

2- Where do we put them? Clearly Wallace has to be put somewhere. We will have either two Impulses or two Kid Flashes. How's that gonna work out?

1. Yes. That was already the case before Flashpoint anyway. Apparently the speedster powers, which they were born with, caused accelerated maturity.

2. Yeah, that's a problem. Maybe Wallace will graduate to a new identity (5G may well age him up another few years), thereby freeing up Kid Flash for Irey, while Bart keeps the Impulse identity?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The last issues especially responded directly to HIC with Wally saying him giving up his humanity to save the Multiverse was his penance for HIC. Which is ok I guess. Except for the fact that the threat of dark matter was his doing as well as he created that world out of his own fear.

So Wally messed up with HIC and also created this dark matter threat. As heroic as him sacrificing his humanity for it, and that scene was written extremely well, it's just Wally cleaning up his own mess.

I would have preferred as far as HIC that they at least would have just said Wally was corrupted or the whole thing was false rather then acknowledge that it was really Wally and he had to do penance for it.

Also I dont like the kids so not thrilled that they are back.

This is obviously not the end and we have more to come with Generation zero so I'm curious to see what comes and how this all will end so I'll leave my final judgement for that.

Over all though the series itself was a really fun one even if I would have preferred a different method of redemption or "fix" for Wally.
    I brought this up weeks back about how if Wally was the one who actually created the Dark Matter infection that has caused (is still causing?) destructive mayhem in the DCU then the backlash towards him not only from members of the hero community but also from the general populace would be even worse than what he [DCed made him do] in HIC. I can easily imagine some less evil villians also getting pissed at a character who nearly ended life. So in a way this Flash Forward plot has actually made Wally's situation worse for all that he's 'fixed it' with the Hope Wand <tm>

And yes, I have disliked the kids ever since Irey stole from another child with not only no remorse for having done so but downright arrogance. If she is Wally's kid then she took after his Baron personality. Hopefully her experience on the Dark World has made her for the better? Jai I had less of a problem with.... at least until Geoff Johns started the preliminaries for what looked like a plan to make Jai a future villain. At any rate I'm just not into kids that much. Super Sons had fun in it yet not something I sought to purchase. Would rather have a trade of Superman's Best Pal for a humor book if had to choose between the two.
    Last edited by Kyer; 02-21-2020 at 05:36 AM. Reason: It is too darn early in the morning!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

Iris is likely 13 and Jai is 12. They aged up to 12 and 11 at super speed, but they lived their lives relative to them. It's like in real life if you sent a child on a spaceship at near lightspeed for 100 years and they only aged 10 due to time dilation. They're not 100 years old just because we experienced 100 years, they're 10 because they experienced 10. I didn't see people bring this up with Bart very often and he had the same condition.

I imagine the same way having 4 Flashes will work? Wallace was due an overhaul anyhow since a lot of his character premise, at one point intentionally, is a direct rip off of Wally.
    Last edited by Dred; 02-21-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You are Charlie Brown going after the football that Lucy is holding
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Well, Flash Forward sells nearly as much as Williamson’s Flash, so, indeed, it would be smart to capitalize on this story. And the reception was really good.

But we’re talking about Wally West. You never know with DC and Barry's bodyguard.
    Well guys now with the amazing news that Didio is out maybe I wasn't so far off and there might actually he hope for us Charlie Browns.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

All-New Member

Hey Guys,

I need some advice, I am a comic newb* & have a chance to purchase a "Flash #123" CGC Graded 8.0 - for ($3,200)
    Yes, I know it is overpriced by maybe ($600) but I just not sure if & when I may ever get a chance to make a purchase like this again ?

Do any of you think I should dive on it & say "screw it" ? - Buy it in hopes that it continues to gain worth ? - Or just wait & hope I get the opportunity for an 8.0 Flash #123 later down the road ? . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ALMO3606 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I need some advice, I am a comic newb* & have a chance to purchase a "Flash #123" CGC Graded 8.0 - for ($3,200)
    Yes, I know it is overpriced by maybe ($600) but I just not sure if & when I may ever get a chance to make a purchase like this again ?

Do any of you think I should dive on it & say "screw it" ? - Buy it in hopes that it continues to gain worth ? - Or just wait & hope I get the opportunity for an 8.0 Flash #123 later down the road ? . . . .
    I mean it’s your money, but I would never pay that much for a comic.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Guess after wally became a god he used his powers to finally get rid of his biggest nemesis in a way.
    LOL!

Is there a link to the article of his leaving? I gotta read this.
    Oh, heck... Duck Duck Going it now.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

There is discussion in superman forum that 5G thing might not be happening after didio gone. What are they going to do with him now? Hopefully, who ever takes over keep wally around.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    There is discussion in superman forum that 5G thing might not be happening after didio gone. What are they going to do with him now? Hopefully, who ever takes over keep wally around.
    The story seems to have hit today (read the LA Times post) but for how long previously did the parties now what was going to happen? If this came as a total surprise to Didio, then possible 5G may not happen. Then again the new person may go forward as they'd have nothing else planned.

All-New Member

The reason why I had considered the purchase was because I had hoped it would appreciate in value.