Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

There is a powerful evil Indian technopath called Black Box, I wonder if he will be in this book because of Trinary.

Just as I figured, very little interaction with friends and loved ones after her return. Aside from nightcrawler everything else is as usual off panel. Sigh.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think the point was sort of that they weren't trying to find their own safe space here. And that's what makes it different, and good.
    No doubt, I meant figuratively more than literally -- Jean ultimately wanting to be recognized as a nation within the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Just as I figured, very little interaction with friends and loved ones after her return. Aside from nightcrawler everything else is as usual off panel. Sigh.
    Its very possible that, after the first arc, or even peppered within via flashbacks, we may still see Jean's reunions with folks, however brief and/or lengthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its very possible that, after the first arc, or even peppered within via flashbacks, we may still see Jean's reunions with folks, however brief and/or lengthy.
    Taylor has teased they may be doing something related to this eventually.

Well I was divided about picking it up, but did and am happy I did by in large. The early 00s were a great time for Jean and the x-books as a whole. It was exciting to read and I was happy with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Related to what I said above I don't think that Ororo would be portrayed in the right headspace for that. She was just recently in this position that Jean has put herself in, or wanted to put herself in, and Jean wanted someone who would understand, not someone who would talk her out of it. So that's why she went to Kurt. Solicits mention a friend that allies themelves against Jean's dream, and I can see that being Ororo now more than I could before.
    What Jean is arguing is for mutants to be under a separate global jurisdiction and thus mutants in say North Korea are protected by the UN as a member state and the new mutant global nation?

We have three main team books Blue, Gold and now Red.

Gold: Storm and Kitty may be against the idea as an affront to pure species blind societies.

Blue: Nein at least from the leadership stand point I would imagine as it means trusting the human governments will tolerate decentralized mutant political and military power globally and not backstabbing before it grows too strong.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-07-2018 at 01:03 PM.

I loved the story so far. Jean's dialogue was spot on, I even heard TAS Jean's voice will reading it! I loved how she felt she needed to fly out into the sky to get away from all the noise and thoughts. The meeting that she had with all of the great minds of the world was awesome, and her set up by Cassandra Nova as a terrorist who just killed an ambassador for the world to see was truly evil on Cassandra's I can't wait for Jean to tear old testicle face a new xxxhole!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    There is a powerful evil Indian technopath called Black Box, I wonder if he will be in this book because of Trinary.
    I wonder if he'll be revealed to be Trinarys father in a shocking twist that no-one expected but would be pretty obvious when you think about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    No doubt, I meant figuratively more than literally -- Jean ultimately wanting to be recognized as a nation within the UN.
    Exactly. Jean herself even said that every time mutants try to create a literal nation of their own it just ends up making it EASIER to hurt them, and that's not what she's looking to do. It would be more akin to the Diaspora gaining recognition as a nation without the actual creation of Israel.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It was a good first issue. Set everything up, like the roster so far and we'll where it goes. I'm glad they didn't waste time coming out with a bunch of reunion stuff. That probably belonged in Resurrection, but would've killed the momentum here. I'm not a fan of Cassandra, but since the Shadow King is tied up elsewhere, I guess she'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I won't call it a bad issue, and it's probably irrelevant since it's all gone to hell, but I see practical issues with Jean's plan.
    I don't think it matters what the plan is. All plans to radically alter the human-Mutant paradigm are doomed to fail in the long run for narrative purposes. There's no point in analyzing any of them on their merits. It's just a device to give the book a purpose, even as futile as it ultimately is.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I don't think it matters what the plan is. All plans to radically alter the human-Mutant paradigm are doomed to fail in the long run for narrative purposes. There's no point in analyzing any of them on their merits. It's just a device to give the book a purpose, even as futile as it ultimately is.
    Yep, this is the eternal conundrum of the X-Men. They can never truly win. I just hope they are truly able to explore the ideas set up here before your usual super-villain tomfoolery and the next reboot.

It's also why Jean had to reject the Phoenix. If you have a fully functional Phoenix on your team, you are not the underdog in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So Gentle was not even in the 1st issue?
    Considering all of the support that Jean is getting from Wakanda, Nezhno will probably join as favor from T'challa

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Considering all of the support that Jean is getting from Wakanda, Nezhno will probably join as favor from T'challa
    Yeah that would seem to be the set up for why he joins, it's a logical progression which is nice in comics at the min.

Wow Jean’s doing way more than I though she was going to do. I kinda wanted a TP to be the villain so I’m fine with Cassandra. With Cassandra and the UN stuff Jean’s got a huge battle ahead of her. I really hope this starts to change things for the mutants.
    First X-Lady

I'm still ambivalent about this book, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't think Jean's plan makes sense, however, I'm willing to accept that in the long run it's meaningless anyway. I just hope it's not written in a way that hurts the story for me.