Page 180 of 211 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3162

My Fair Lady

Some songs are unimportant to the plot and repeat notes a little too much, fast forwarding these songs won't cost you the experience. The song that stands to mind the most is that of Eliza's father singing about him getting married and dancing in a bar, useless money wasting shot.

The overall movie is good, and is highly enjoyable.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The Richard Donner cut of Superman (the Movie) and then the commentary by Donner and Tom Mankiewicz and then the music only cut.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    My friend recently watched the first two and thinks I really need to take the time to watch them. Between a ton of hockey and a remarkable number of really great TV shows, I haven't found the time. I think I will soon.
    Cool. Try to watch it sooner then later. These two films are really amazing. I can see why your friend thinks so.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-12-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Retired

If you're just watching MY FAIR LADY (1964) for the story, then you might as well watch PYGMALION (1934)--that leaves out the songs and lets the actors act. It stars Leslie Howard and Wendy Hiller. The whole point of making Shaw's play into a musical on Broadway, was so Lerner and Loewe could stage a lot of song & dance numbers. In Broadway musicals, the plot was not so important as the spectacle and surely "Get Me to the Church on Time" is a showstopper. But I would have liked to have seen the actual Broadway musical, with Julie Andrews in the role of Eliza Doolittle. Now that must have been something. It's one of those weird switcheroos that Andrews didn't get cast in the movie--or in the movie version of CAMELOT (1967)--yet did get cast in the movie version of SOUND OF MUSIC (1965).

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping - fun parody - love the cameos

Call Me By Your Name - charming and bittersweet

Arrow

Spider-Man Homecoming

It was a good movie, It had good action and it was really hilarious also Tom Holland did a good job playing as Spider-Man.

Happy Death Day: Looks like the one i haven't watched yet is the original 'Groundhog Day'. Edge of Tomorrow was great. And this one is really good too. Interesting premise as the girl has to solve the mystery of her own murder. Or else she has to relieve the whole day again and again. I really enjoyed it. It was so much fun as literally anyone could be a killer. It can't be called a horror comedy but it surely has some comedy. The lead actress Jessica Rothe was really good. The whole film was her show and a good reason why the film works is due to her performance.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-12-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Looks like the one i haven't watched yet is the original 'Groundhog Day'.
    It's really good, one of those rare comedies that transcends and is poignant.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-12-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Happy Death Day: Looks like the one i haven't watched yet is the original 'Groundhog Day'. Edge of Tomorrow was great. And this one is really good too. Interesting premise as the girl has to solve the mystery of her own murder. Or else she has to relieve the whole day again and again. I really enjoyed it. It was so much fun as literally anyone could be a killer. It can't be called a horror comedy but it surely has some comedy. The lead actress Jessica Rothe was really good. The whole film was her show and a good reason why the film works is due to her performance.
    I heard that this was a pretty good movie to spend some time. Interesting fact: the writer of the movie is Scott Lobdell of Generation X, Uncanny X-Men, Wildcats, and so many other comics.

I watched a few last night:

Apollo 13. I had never seen it and the Space-X test flight kind of got me interested in space-related movies. While I keep hoping that Gravity gets released again shortly on IMAX, I decided to watch Apollo 13 on Netflix. Good movie, but I don't know...I didn't feel the sense of thrill, tension or sorrow for the characters like I did with a movie like Gravity or The Martian, or even quite a lot of Interstellar.

Limitless. Also on Netflix. I saw it before, but I thought I'd check it out again. It played a little better the second time.

Gerald's Game. On the basis of Chris Stuckmann's strong recommendation, I decided to watch this movie. While Stephen King is big right now with "It" getting a ton of praise and "The Dark Tower" getting outright ignored, I think Gerald's Game was clearly the strongest movie adaptation of the three. This is a movie I think more people should check out.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

Gerald's Game. On the basis of Chris Stuckmann's strong recommendation, I decided to watch this movie. While Stephen King is big right now with "It" getting a ton of praise and "The Dark Tower" getting outright ignored, I think Gerald's Game was clearly the strongest movie adaptation of the three. This is a movie I think more people should check out.
    I do want to see it. I was thinking of reading the book beforehand, but I might just skip that. I'm sure I will like this far more than It or Dark Tower. Good king adaptations are so few and far between for me.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Godzilla(1954)

My first time seeing it. I thought it was great. I'll probably continue with the other Showa Era movies.

The King's Speech(2010): Watched this for the first time. Acting performances are top notch. I did not know that Colin Firth is so good an actor. I had only seen Kingsman where he was really good. But this is some great acting. Beautiful film to watch. I noted the way its shot. I am impressed. They get these kind of shots at the beginning which makes the whole stage look so big that we kind of feel like him about how its overwhelming.

Nice to see the Harry Potter actors here including Michael Gambon, Timothy Spall and of course Helena Bonham Carter. Good performances everywhere. Geofrey Rush and Colin Firth manage to simply talk and own the screen. It was really good. I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-15-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The Search for Weng Weng. Good, though depressing. Extra coolness for having a friend appear in one of the end credit photos.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The Avengers, or Avengers Assemble as it's officially called here in the UK for some reason.

I watched Last Jedi again this past weekend. Though I have been seeing ads for Three Billboards Outside Ebbings Missouri. Looks like it might be good.