Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I disagree, that’s not the definition that was given, technopathy could be an omega power if an omega level technopath were to be born, omega level is not a race to the top but a characteristic of the x-gene, in fact magneto is and will always be an omega level mutant.
    No it explicitly says technopathy could never be an omega level power despite Forge being the most powerful mutant technopath.

It has been turned into a race to the top

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    some of this IS applicable to what my boss is currently developing, however with some differences there...

Omega doesn't mean one cant be surpassed. Using telepathy for example, this power wouldnt stand a chance against certain powers, esp the new concepts being introduced. by your logic then someone like Kid Omega or Jean Grey would lose their Omega status, against users of these "new" powers.

Secondly, while one may have undefinable limits to their powers, it doesnt mean its necessarily, fully infinite or even if "infinite" in nature, it couldn't be surpassed.

now I know this isnt canon but these are the ideas on the table of reclassification. thus omega still maintains is position as "mutant with uncappable power", however this does introduce the idea that omega can be surpassed.
    So why do you all want to change that and make a mess of things. Hickman's definition fits it makes sense it gives the most powerful mutants some limits which is very much needed. With what you are suggesting then the beyond omega mutants better solve all the problems the race is going through. We also won't want to see any mutant suffering because I mean if you are bringing charachters stronger than Franklin, magneto and storm, then all mutant problems should be wished away. Unless these beyond omega mutants are doing to be the villans then like I said that would be a cop out of the beyonder concepts and such. It won't be original and hence by default luckluster because you would have to deliver above the beyonder story.

BANNED

Totally, Hickman has been very straightforward on the matter, this argument is kinda pointless.
    Now they are saying they wanna bring beyond omega and I am like, lawd have mercy!
    It's not needed. The omega mutants you already have you haven't developed hell a lot of mutants with amazing powersets haven't been developed and you are going to bring even more to stir the pot. Like chill.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Girl it's not a competition, it's a thing you simply are hence why bobby was stated to be omega without him never knowing it. We have weather manipulators but we have storm whose weather manipulation is essentially limitless in its capabilities. Same goes for iceman and other cryokinetic users out there, Vulcan and other energy manipulators. They simply have unlimited potential I their powers specific classification hence why they are omega. It states again that " and omega is a mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register or reach an UNDEFINABLE upper limit of said power's specific classification." Specific classification means that the mutas potential with weather manipulation is limitless not that weather manipulation is a limitless ability. You can't train to become omega, you can train to be more skillfully yes but no matter what you do you can't and will never surpass the omegas upper limit in thier omega power.

Jesus, like this thing is just straight forward why is it soo hard for some to comprehend it.
    It says specific power class and they give and example its actually very straightforward.

You can dethrone an omega

Actually the definition suggests that weather manipulation is undefinable not the individual. The individual is just the most powerful in that powerset
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.

It says Forge isn't omega level. It doesn't say no one with his powerset will ever be omega.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No it explicitly says technopathy could never be an omega level power despite Forge being the most powerful mutant technopath.

It has been turned into a race to the top
    It hasn't been turned to a race to the top, you simply read it wrong. If that was the case it would defeat what Hickman was trying to achieve in the first place. Reducing the op charachters in the xbooks to make good sensible stories. So what if lorna goes and train hard enough she can come and beat magneto from his place or that if a mutant is born with unlimited technopathy just because forge was the most powerful technopath and wasn't omega this mutant won't also be omega? Like you see how your interpretation of the definition doesn't make sense. It was stated that magneto's upper limits cannot be surpassed. No one can be surpass him in magnetism not tommorow not ten years from now not in a billion years why because his power cannot be defined.

It says specific power class and they give and example its actually very straightforward.

You can dethrone an omega
    No you can’t, the explanation is clear, it says “specific classification” meaning that if for example you fall into the telepath classification an omega telepath would have no discernible upper limits in the application of his telepathic power.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

No you can’t, the explanation is clear, it says “specific classification” meaning that if for example you fall into the telepath classification an omega telepath would have no discernible upper limits in the application of his telepathic power.
    Read the example when it says power its not talking "power level". It even says dominant power. Meaning in terms of Jean its talking about telepathy.

There's two pieces to this. Telepathy is a power that could mean any telepath is a contender. But Jean and Kid Omega register higher.

Note that it says Forge is the most powerful technopath but that could still be surpassed because of the nature of technopathy. Magnetism the nature could hypothetically be limitless.

The new definition is a massive nerf

And like they suggested with Nate Grey, yes someone could come around and knock someone of their throne

And yes a new mutant could be born and dethrone an omega

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It hasn't been turned to a race to the top, you simply read it wrong. If that was the case it would defeat what Hickman was trying to achieve in the first place. Reducing the op charachters in the xbooks to make good sensible stories. So what if lorna goes and train hard enough she can come and beat magneto from his place or that if a mutant is born with unlimited technopathy just because forge was the most powerful technopath and wasn't omega this mutant won't also be omega? Like you see how your interpretation of the definition doesn't make sense. It was stated that magneto's upper limits cannot be surpassed. No one can be surpass him in magnetism not tommorow not ten years from now not in a billion years why because his power cannot be defined.
    No you can never get an omega level technopath because hypothetically it could be surpassed and has. It says it in the definition.

You can never get an omega level morpher either

You can never get an omega level mutant tracker because again hypothetically it can be surpassed.

Hypothetically reality warping, magnetism etc are undefinable

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I've had the following on file for some time now. I hope it can of some use to you:

Omega Class: An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey, Vulcan, Rachel Summers, Iceman, Legion, Magneto. These mutants are the rarest of all mutants.

Alpha Class: The Alpha Mutants are the most powerful and most feared mutants. Alpha mutants have extremely powerful mutant traits without any significant flaws. Less than 10% of mutants are Alpha mutants so they are very rare. Some of the Alpha mutants include Cyclops, Gambit, Professor X, Havok, Colossus, and Emma Frost.

Beta Class: As far as how potent their powers are Beta Mutants are on the same level as Alpha mutants. The difference between Beta Mutants and Alpha Mutants is that the Beta Mutants have flaws, albeit very small flaws. The Beta mutants are also believed to be about 10% of the mutant population. Some examples of Beta mutants are Beast, Angel, Wolverine, Mystique and Sabretooth.

Gamma Class: Gamma mutants have very powerful mutants (starting to see a pattern?) but they have flaws. Unlike the Beta mutants a Gamma mutant's flaw is a major flaw that makes their life very hard. The best example is probably Rogue. Rogue can absorb anybody's power, which makes her very powerful, but she can't touch people making any kind of romantic life difficult. Also, while Alpha and Beta mutants can pass as regular looking humans, the majority of Gamma mutants cannot because they have physical defects like Blob or Marrow.

Delta Class: Delta Mutants are like Alpha mutants in that they don't have any significant flaws. The only problem is that Delta mutants don't have powers that match an Alpha mutant, or even a Beta or Gamma mutant. At least 50% of mutants are Delta mutants making them the most common type of mutant. Some examples of Delta mutants are Forge, Domino and Calisto.

Epsilon Class: Epsilon mutants or like Gamma mutants in that they have major flaws that make their lives very difficult. They also like Delta mutants have little or no significant powers to speak of. Approximately 20% of mutants are Epsilon mutants making them the second most common type of mutant. An example of an Epsilon class mutant is Beak.

Zeta Class: Zeta class mutants make up roughly 10% of the mutant population. They are mutants who have the "X-Gene", but it is still latent.
    CYCLOPS is Alpha? On par or close to Professor X or Emma Frost? Is this your opinion or has he been acknowledged as having such an incredible power. Don't get me wrong, his force blast is often impressive, but it seems a stretch to rate such a one note power as "alpha". Forge, for instance, is a "delta" class, and his power seems more powerful than Scott's optic blast.

I'm not ragging on Cyclops. I think his power is simple and elegant. I've always understood it as not overpowered as far as superheroes go. He's such a great combat leader, which is more valuable than his power most times.

BANNED

Read the example when it says power its not talking "power level". It even says dominant power. Meaning in terms of Jean its talking about telepathy.

There's two pieces to this. Telepathy is a power that could mean any telepath is a contender. But Jean and Kid Omega register higher.

Note that it says Forge is the most powerful technopath but that could still be surpassed because of the nature of technopathy. Magnetism the nature could hypothetically be limitless.

And like they suggested with Nate Grey, yes someone could come around and knock someone of their throne

Wrong take.

BANNED

Another wrong take.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It says Forge isn't omega level. It doesn't say no one with his powerset will ever be omega.
    It says both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful of their power types on the planet Earth. But what makes Magneto an Omega and not Forge is hypothetically the upper limit of Forges powers can be surpassed.

It takes into account the hypothetical situation of Forges powers not just his innate ability. So the type of power set determines who can qualify as an omega.

Hence why Rogue isn't one despite being very powerful

You can never get an omega of each class due to the limits of the ability. It depends on the power type as well.

BANNED

The completely didn't even understand the assignment lolol. I read their replies and I am like, what?! The English is right there why are you not understanding it.

BANNED

It says both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful of their power types on the planet Earth. But what makes Magneto an Omega and not Forge is hypothetically the upper limit of Forges powers can be surpassed.

It takes into account the hypothetical situation of Forges powers not just his innate ability. So the type of power set determines who can qualify as an omega.

Hence why Rogue isn't one despite being very powerful
    Another wrong take.