Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    If it was drawn out more maybe, but he said nothing he is doing is permanent so the kids and Paul sound more like a red herring type thing and if anything them coming from an alternate timeline or something similar doesn't look good for them as if you remove the threat that inadvertently created them then you remove them from existing so in the end this arc will be like a soft reset in a way for a filler arc year to close out the run. Which will be like the last 100 episodes of Naruto. Which makes Felicia a filler gf for the run and that's just sad
    It as with everything else, will depend upon how the comic sells. Nothing in comics is ever permanent because different writers take over and different scenarios happen and some things are carried over and not carried over.

That said, if the comic sells well, they aren't going to suddenly stop all that's being built up. It's just essentially going to be one long story. So I'll enjoy his run while we can and then he'll hand over the reigns to someone else whom will do what they want with it.

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    Superpowers not being consistent it's ok to a certain degree , but I feel Spidey has been continually nerfed since they removed the Other upgrades, with Spencer and Wells setting new lows.
    And not just in terms of raw power, but also when ignoring the experience from someone who's been fighting since he was 17 years old or the fact that he was in the conversation when talking about the smartest guys in the MU. Also he's switched his "indomitable will against all odds" trait for a "let's feel miserable 24/7 and wait for someone else to fix things" one.
    All of those are non-factors for Wells, his take on what it makes to be Spider-man seems to be just the most average guy possible.

Oh trust me, I would love to see the comics treat Spider-Man like the high end genius that he is sometimes. I wish they'd done that in the most recent movies too, but I digress Much like I've wanted Batman movies to show why Batman is the "World's Greatest Detective" and barely got to see him... Detecting... I'd love for Spider-Man movies to acknowledge that Peter's a super-genius and not just in small 10 second bits and pieces.
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-17-2023 at 05:53 AM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    It as with everything else, will depend upon how the comic sells. Nothing in comics is ever permanent because different writers take over and different scenarios happen and some things are carried over and not carried over.

That said, if the comic sells well, they aren't going to suddenly stop all that's being built up. It's just essentially going to be one long story. So I'll enjoy his run while we can and then he'll hand over the reigns to someone else whom will do what they want with it.

Oh trust me, I would love to see the comics treat Spider-Man like the high end genius that he is sometimes. I wish they'd done that in the most recent movies too, but I digress Much like I've wanted Batman movies to show why Batman is the "World's Greatest Detective" and barely got to see him... Detecting... I'd love for Spider-Man movies to acknowledge that Peter's a super-genius and not just in small 10 second bits and pieces.
    But it's not, Which is why we're getting this arc now and not in year 2

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Does Kamala know Norman was the Green Goblin? Because she definitely knows he's Gold Goblin based on that page.

I wonder if there'll be a twist to her involvement? Like, the Avengers knew Norman might be trouble, and didn't trust Peter after what happened last time Peter was an Avenger, so Tony asked Kamala to keep an eye on things from inside. After all, the Avengers must've heard about what the Champions did in Outlawed (which also involved Kamala infiltrating a tech firm as an intern, as she joined Roxxon in order to take them down from inside), and Tony does know her secret identity, the fact she has one instead of being publicly known is an advantage for such a mission. With the Champions disbanded (probably because of the Powers Act. Must've been disheartening to get Kamala's Law repealed, only for half the team to become Outlawed again immediately afterwards) and the time skip meaning she's graduated school off panel, she had time on her hands. If it's an Avengers job it would make a lot more sense than just "I didn't know what I wanted to do in life and my Dad knows Osborn and got me this internship".
    Wells is not that creative to write that.

Astonishing Member

Peter is knocked down with just one hit from the dinosaur? Why is Wells' Peter so pathetic and weak? Why does he constantly get nerfed? Even Slott's Peter didn't get nerfed this much.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But it's not, Which is why we're getting this arc now and not in year 2

Amazing was the best selling comic last month and the Dark Web finale was #3. This isn't a "using sales as a defense post" either.

Like I said in the OMD/Marriage thread, if you really dislike a book you need to actually drop it. Not keep hate reading it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Amazing was the best selling comic last month and the Dark Web finale was #3. This isn't a "using sales as a defense post" either.

Like I said in the OMD/Marriage thread, if you really dislike a book you need to actually drop it. Not keep hate reading it.
    I guess all I can say is that I'm happy for the people enjoying this run because it's obviously going to last awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Peter is knocked down with just one hit from the dinosaur? Why is Wells' Peter so pathetic and weak? Why does he constantly get nerfed? Even Slott's Peter didn't get nerfed this much.
    Which is saying something because of how often Slott had Peter get beat up and need to be saved by another character.

I dunno...do people actually enjoy this? The protagonist being basically useless all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is saying something because of how often Slott had Peter get beat up and need to be saved by another character.

I dunno...do people actually enjoy this? The protagonist being basically useless all the time?
    It's funny because Wells said he didn't want Peter to "eat **** for a year" but that's what he ended up doing.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

This isn't a list of how many customers bought these books, it is list that tracks how many copies of a single comic these same 125 shops that IVC2 uses every time they release one of these lists ordered for their shop which is a wildly different thing and in no way indicative of how many people actually bought the title on site. The reason ASM #19 is that high on the list is, as I understand it, because it had more specialized variant covers than #20 did. Only Marvel has access to the numbers everyone keeps mistaking these for.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's funny because Wells said he didn't want Peter to "eat **** for a year" but that's what he ended up doing.
    For more than a year, at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For more than a year, at this point.
    Two years worth of monthly issues even

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Two years worth of monthly issues even
    6 months worth of weekly issues!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    6 months worth of weekly issues!
    Um...I want to say over or less than a hundred weeks of daily issues?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    Superpowers not being consistent it's ok to a certain degree , but I feel Spidey has been continually nerfed since they removed the Other upgrades, with Spencer and Wells setting new lows.
    And not just in terms of raw power, but also when ignoring the experience from someone who's been fighting since he was 17 years old or the fact that he was in the conversation when talking about the smartest guys in the MU. Also he's switched his "indomitable will against all odds" trait for a "let's feel miserable 24/7 and wait for someone else to fix things" one.
    All of those are non-factors for Wells, his take on what it makes to be Spider-man seems to be just the most average guy possible.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in both Spencer & Wells runs Peter needed a suit in order to upgrade his "powers". I mean, that just proves how much they've weakened the character (not that the "enhancements" make any difference, he continues to get beaten 99% of the times xd)
    Meanwhile over in other books, Spider-Man's doing stuff like completely standing up to the Avengers. Hell in Norman's book, he uses those years of experience to completely clown Goblin Queen. And over in Daredevil's book, he's important enough for Cap and Tony to call in to help stop Daredevil.

It's ridiculous that he needs the most help in his own book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Meanwhile over in other books, Spider-Man's doing stuff like completely standing up to the Avengers. Hell in Norman's book, he uses those years of experience to completely clown Goblin Queen. And over in Daredevil's book, he's important enough for Cap and Tony to call in to help stop Daredevil.

It's ridiculous that he needs the most help in his own book.
    But still gets so beaten up by the queen goblin that Norman was forced to kill her