Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Boy am I hearing my ears buzzing, don't have the energy to deal with it, but has anyone also mentioned that other, older Atlantis, that Hickman had the FF discover?

After all, everything is connected. It really is, and it will probably come up again. I agree that some sloppy stuff happened with the Savage Land at the end of Ka-zar's very old series, which I mostly loved.

I've always argued for the logic that so much vast time has happened and so many colonies and other kingdoms and sub groups of all these folks have occurred that it would be a matter of fact that there are genetic mixings, some shared culture and ideas, etc.
    We really don't get much info other than them saying they are super old, and Namor is a young upstart of a ruler, he should mind his elders etc. and nothing has been said about them since. So at this point we just add it to list of "atlantis history one writer wrote about but it was totally fogotten by the next writer who came along".
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Heads up!

Yes, Namor appears briefly in Avengers 41 and it is the expected crap interpretation of our sea prince. However, he also appears in X-Force 16 today, and that was pretty awesome.

SPOILERS are here:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-x-force-na...reaten-krakoa/

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/20/ma...er-x-force-16/
    I read both comics today and while I liked X-Force quite a lot I despised Avengers. Also can I just say spoilers:
    if i wanted to see a blond Hellstrom look them i would have opened one of his comics
    end of spoilers not to mention that spoilers:
    if Aaron does what he is hinting at and has Namor kill a woman in cold blood while possessed by the phoenix I will be flipping a table. several tables. It's bad enough the entire time Namor was on panel I was cringing from the bad characterization
    end of spoilers

I've enjoyed the first 2 tie ins. I also picked up the collected Tarot/Avengers and Defenders. I truly love Namor since forever, but I like him for very different reasons than some of us. Nuff said.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I read both comics today and while I liked X-Force quite a lot I despised Avengers. Also can I just say spoilers:
    if i wanted to see a blond Hellstrom look them i would have opened one of his comics
    end of spoilers not to mention that spoilers:
    if Aaron does what he is hinting at and has Namor kill a woman in cold blood while possessed by the phoenix I will be flipping a table. several tables. It's bad enough the entire time Namor was on panel I was cringing from the bad characterization
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, that's not going to happen, because Echo is going to be an MCU character. I want to say she's supposed to show up in Hawkeye, but not sure if that's the show. spoilers:
    Plus aren't all the losing characters dying and getting revived?
    end of spoilers That was actually the only thing I liked about Avengers. A character acknowledging ON PANEL that fighting underwater is very difficult. Of course, this is countered by the fact that Echo isn't in anywhere near the power level of Namor - she's Olympic athlete level.

But yes. Namor acting like a junkie freaking out over getting a fix of the Phoenix is beyond horrible. Not to mention more retcons with Panther claiming Wakanda is older than Atlantis. Seriously. Keep Namor and Atlantis far away from anything Wakandan. They are landlocked and there's no reason for the two to ever interact again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've enjoyed the first 2 tie ins. I also picked up the collected Tarot/Avengers and Defenders. I truly love Namor since forever, but I like him for very different reasons than some of us. Nuff said.
    Do share, if you feel like it.

I really enjoyed Tarot / Avengers and Defenders! Namor didn't have a big role, but it was an old school, fun read. Also, Paul Renaud's art is pretty. He's doing a variant cover for the next issue of Namor's King in Black.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

I haven't been getting Avengers after seeing how awful was the last Namor characterization. That X-Force issue seems really cool though even though the artwork doesn't inspires me much. Back to Avengers I really wish these artists gave Namor an older look. I like how Alex Ross Superman, Captain America and his Invaders Namor they all look in their 40s and 50s, although in awesome shape. It makes sense, these are 80 year old characters dating to World War 2.

I'm not a fan of Namor looking like a punkish kid in his early 20s and that is what that new costume with scruff and punkish hair and lots of collars makes Namor look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I haven't been getting Avengers after seeing how awful was the last Namor characterization. That X-Force issue seems really cool though even though the artwork doesn't inspires me much. Back to Avengers I really wish these artists gave Namor an older look. I like how Alex Ross Superman, Captain America and his Invaders Namor they all look in their 40s and 50s, although in awesome shape. It makes sense, these are 80 year old characters dating to World War 2.

I'm not a fan of Namor looking like a punkish kid in his early 20s and that is what that new costume with scruff and punkish hair and lots of collars makes Namor look like.

On that Namor cover, "The Best Defense" is written in the way and with the colors that "The Defenders" used to be drawn! Could it be.........
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    On that Namor cover, "The Best Defense" is written in the way and with the colors that "The Defenders" used to be drawn! Could it be.........
    Best Defense was the mini-series that came out in ... 2018 or 2019. It featured individual tales by various writers of Hulk, Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer and Namor, with a fifth book by Al Ewing that tied them all together for a fight against Defenders villain Nebulon. It's out in a trade paperback.

Zdarsky wrote the Namor book and Carlos Magno did the art, and it was the start of his Invaders run.

I definitely recommend it for Namor and Defenders fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

Hey now. Marco Checcetto's Namor is gorgeous! Yes, he's emo Namor there, but still. Besides, it really isn't fair to compare to the maestro, Alex Ross.

You are a smart man for avoiding the Avengers book, Thor-El.

The artist for the X-Force, Joshua Cassura, book draws most the characters fairly rugged. I think you would like it, except, of course, he's using the goth looking armor and the long hair. ;p

I liked how he made Namor's trident ... electrified? It looked more like Thor's hammer, with lightning coming off it. Plus, it looked like he was still using hydrokinesis. And the story hinted at some elder gods stuff also. Oh, how I really, really want an new Namor ongoing dealing with the supernatural / Cuthulu aspects of the ocean.

Thanks Rev. I will look into that book. I love the villain Nebulon!

But do you think with the wording on the latest Namor issue, that maybe Marvel is referring to something that could be in the works....? it is the Defenders 50th Anniversary, after all.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Mighty Member

Hey now. Marco Checcetto's Namor is gorgeous! Yes, he's emo Namor there, but still. Besides, it really isn't fair to compare to the maestro, Alex Ross.

The artist for the X-Force, Joshua Cassura, book draws most the characters fairly rugged. I think you would like it, except, of course, he's using the goth looking armor and the long hair. ;p

I liked how he made Namor's trident ... electrified? It looked more like Thor's hammer, with lightning coming off it. Plus, it looked like he was still using hydrokinesis. And the story hinted at some elder gods stuff also. Oh, how I really, really want an new Namor ongoing dealing with the supernatural / Cuthulu aspects of the ocean.
    I was fooled by the awesome McGuinness artwork and the uber powerful Namor of the first issues but now everything went to crap!

Yeah, that's not going to happen, because Echo is going to be an MCU character. I want to say she's supposed to show up in Hawkeye, but not sure if that's the show. spoilers:
    Plus aren't all the losing characters dying and getting revived?
    end of spoilers That was actually the only thing I liked about Avengers. A character acknowledging ON PANEL that fighting underwater is very difficult. Of course, this is countered by the fact that Echo isn't in anywhere near the power level of Namor - she's Olympic athlete level.

But yes. Namor acting like a junkie freaking out over getting a fix of the Phoenix is beyond horrible. Not to mention more retcons with Panther claiming Wakanda is older than Atlantis. Seriously. Keep Namor and Atlantis far away from anything Wakandan. They are landlocked and there's no reason for the two to ever interact again.
    I just saw the april solicitations earlier today and at least I can rest easy knowing Namor won't be killing Echo. In fact from the cover it looks like Echo takes out Namor which sucks but isn't surprising because Aaron has been treating Namor OOC and like crap since day 1 he was in his Avengers. Seriously this is going to be worse than Ben taking Namor out underwater. I didn't even know Echo's character was going to be in the MCU. Your "Namor is a junkie needing his Phoenix fix" is a good way of putting how Aaron is writing this because it's been so cringe worthy to read Namor acting in this way.

Please if they never do anything right in Marvel Comics again just do not let them put Wakanda and Atlantis in the same stories anymore. Just keep T'challa and all Black Panther related stuff away. Wakanda being older than Atlantis? *sigh*

Will anyone else be picking up The Marvels series by Kurt Busiek? It's already on my list and I hope we get some more awesome Namor moments. I loved the way Namor was portrayed in the original Marvels series. He was mysterious and powerful and majestic!

The artist for the X-Force, Joshua Cassura, book draws most the characters fairly rugged. I think you would like it, except, of course, he's using the goth looking armor and the long hair.

I still think Hickman is waiting to bring Namor into the X Books, whether it will be good or not is up in the air, but at least X-Force had Namor acknowledging that Xavier was doing something shady with Krakoa. This one cameo was better than anything in current Avengers series.

I just wish Marvel would really explore the underwater worlds/gods/myths better!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I still think Hickman is waiting to bring Namor into the X Books, whether it will be good or not is up in the air, but at least X-Force had Namor acknowledging that Xavier was doing something shady with Krakoa. This one cameo was better than anything in current Avengers series.

I just wish Marvel would really explore the underwater worlds/gods/myths better!
    I like Namor in action here! I agree with you, ImperiusWrecked. There should be more Namor mythos, such as "The Opal of the Oceans", etc.